more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (16/11/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 16, 2017, 07:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Match Officials Confirmed For Fulham Clash

Darren Bond will take charge of Derby County's 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship fixture away to Fulham on Saturday.

Bond has overseen 15 games so far this season, producing a total of 54 yellow cards and one red.

His last Derby game was the impressive 5-0 home victory against Hull City back in September.

Bond will be assisted by Jonathan Hunt and Darren Fox on the lines, whilst Charles Breakspear has been appointed as the Fourth Official.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/11/match-officials-confirmed-for-fulham-clash

WhiteJC

Further Fulham Tickets Made Available

Derby County have been given a further 637 tickets for this weekend's Sky Bet Championship visit to Fulham.

Gary Rowett's men will make the trip to Craven Cottage on Saturday 18th November (kick-off: 5:30pm).

Derby's original allocation was increased to 2,767 earlier this month, but this has now gone up to 3,404 by popular demand.

Tickets cost:

Adults - Standard: £30 | Disabled Supporters: £15

Seniors (65+) - Standard: £25 | Disabled Supporters: £12.50

18-21 - Standard: £25 | Disabled Supporters: £12.50

Under-18s - Standard: £15 | Disabled Supporters: £7.50

Supporters can buy their tickets from the Ticket Office at Pride Park Stadium by calling 0871 472 1884 (option 1)* or online right here on dcfc.co.uk.

To become an Away Membership Holder for the 2017/18 campaign and ensure you're in line to purchase away tickets first, visit: dcfc.co.uk/toptix/memberships.

* Calls cost 13p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/11/further-fulham-tickets-made-available

WhiteJC

Fulham's loan star from Liverpool breaks silence on 'painful' injury suffered at QPR

The 20-year-old, who is on loan from Liverpool has been out of action since the Cottagers victory over west London rivals QPR at Loftus Road, and says he's delighted to be back in training after a lengthy recovery process.

Fulham midfielder Sheyi Ojo has broken his silence as he continues his recovery from a dislocated shoulder.

The 20-year-old, who is on loan from Liverpool has been out of action since the Cottagers victory over west London rivals QPR at Loftus Road, and says he's delighted to be back in training after a lengthy recovery process.

Speaking to iFollow Fulham, he said: "It was a great feeling to be back. Obviously I've been looking forward to the moment of getting back to training with the boys so I'm really happy to be back.

"I've been working really hard with the rehab and putting extra work in at home so I feel good and ready to be back in.

"First I had the operation which was a success.

"It was a keyhole surgery so it wasn't a proper one, and then it was just four or five days resting. As soon as I could start doing some stuff I was on the watt bike trying to get some fitness through my legs and I bought a watt bike at home too so I was sort of doing double sessions. To be fair my shoulder has healed pretty quickly so I've been able to recover quicker.

"As soon as I knew I was going to be out for a sustainable amount of time, I knew that for me to be back quicker I had to put the hard work in and I feel like I've been able to do that with the help of the club. It's positive I've managed to come back quicker and now I'm just focused on getting back into the team and getting back to playing."

Ojo went on to describe the moment he knew the extent of his injury, saying: "I knew something wasn't right and I tried to move my shoulder and couldn't so I waved to the bench to say 'someone help'. I told one of the physios to click it back in, but it was way too painful so I had to come off.

"He tried to but it was too painful so we went to the hospital and they did it for me."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-loan-star-liverpool-breaks-13905240

WhiteJC

Excellent update for Fulham amid poor start to the Championship season

Fulham winger Sheyi Ojo is set to return to first team training, after recovering from a shoulder injury picked up in the 2-1 win over Queens Park Rangers at the end of September.

The Liverpool loanee fell heavily after a challenge, and claimed to have felt a 'click' in his shoulder as he reached out to brace himself for the impact of hitting the ground.

Ojo's loss came as a huge blow to the Cottagers, who had already seen fellow loanee Lucas Piazon ruled out for the remainder of the season, and his absence has contributed to the Craven Cottage side falling to a disappointing seventeenth place in the Championship table.

Well on the road to recovery however, Ojo is relishing the opportunity to get back into training, and described his disappointment at having to be withdrawn from the west London derby.

"It was proper frustrating (to leave the game)," reflected the 20-year-old, in an interview with the club's official website. "I remember on the way to the hospital I was asking the physio for score updates."

"He told me we ended up winning 2-1."

"It was a positive night for the team, but for me it wasn't so positive."

The Verdict

Ojo's loss has been strongly felt by Fulham, who appear to be lacking the goalscoring threat that defined their free-scoring side last season.

The pacy, tricky winger is a nightmare for defender's at this level, and his return to first team affairs cannot come soon enough for Jokanovic.

Fulham have been plagued by injuries to important players this season, but as key faces begin to return, the Cottagers should begin to rise up the Championship table.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/excellent-update-for-fulham-amid-poor-start-to-the-championship-season/

WhiteJC

Early Bird Special on Half Season Tickets

With one week left on our Early Bird Special, grab your Half Season Ticket before 5pm Wednesday 22nd November and enjoy two extra games for free.

Start your Half Season Ticket with two home games in December as Fulham take on Birmingham City and Barnsley.

Don't miss the second half with great home fixtures still to come, including matches against Aston Villa, QPR, Leeds United and Brentford.

Half Season Tickets are priced from just £199 for adults and £59 for juniors, supporters can purchase online or by phone on 0203 871 0810 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/15/early-bird-special-on-half-season-tickets

WhiteJC

"We have enough talent to get promotion" Fulham fans confident ahead of Saturday

With the Championship clash at Craven Cottage coming up on Saturday afternoon, we've interviewed a Fulham fan @FulhamTexas for his opinion on the live Sky Sports clash!

1. Can you summarise your start to the season? On target?

We are all disappointed with our start. Key injuries, new faces slow to integrate, and giving up late goals has hurt us so far. Home form needs work. Our target was to be hovering around the playoff places, so no.

2. Where do you think you'll end up this season?

I believe if we address the items I listed (and know we can), we will end up in the playoff places or just outside. Once we are in the playoffs we have enough talent to get promo.

3. One player to look out for?

KMac has been a steady workhorse and leader for us all year. But as long as TC is on the pitch, he's the danger man going forward. And if finally healthy, he's well overdue to get back into the lethal form he had all last year.

4. What do you think of Derby? Will they be a test for Fulham?

Derby has had a solid start to the year even without Chris Martin in top form. A strong competitive side that we've not had great success against in recent past (have not won since 2015).

5. Prediction?

Prediction...We need a win in the worst way and the boys should come out flying. A hard fought 2-1 win to the Whites.

http://12thram.co.uk/fulham-fans-confident-ahead-of-saturday/

WhiteJC

Extra Fulham v Blues tickets available

Blues have received a further 324 tickets for this game.

Fulham v Blues
Sky Bet Championship
Craven Cottage
Saturday 9 December (3pm kick-off)

Due to the high demand for tickets, Blues have managed to secure an additional 324 for this fixture. This will be our final allocation and takes our total allocation up to 4,074 tickets.

Tickets can be purchased from 5pm on Thursday 16 November through the eticketing website only.

Tickets will then be available to purchase from 9am on Friday 17 November from the BCFC Superstore or by calling the BCFC Ticket Office on 0121 772 0101 option 2.

Ticket Prices
Adult - £30.00
65 & Over - £25.00
18-21 - £25.00
17 & Under - £15.00
Disabled Adult - £15.00
Disabled 65 & Over - £12.50
Disabled 18-21 - £12.50
Disabled 17 & Under - £7.50

Official Coach Travel
Official coach travel is available for this fixture priced at:
Adult Season Ticket Holder/Blues Loyalty Member - £16
Senior/Student/Junior Season Ticket Holder/Blues Loyalty Member - £15
Adult non Season Ticket Holder - £17
Senior/Student/Junior Non Season Ticket Holder - £16
Coaches will leave St. Andrew's at 09:30am

Tickets can be purchased via the following options

Call: 0121 772 0101 option 2
Visit: Blues Store, St. Andrew's Stadium

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2017/extra-fulham-v-blues-tickets-available/

WhiteJC

Fulham defender admits 'morale isn't too high' ahead of Derby County clash

The Rams go into the match at Craven Cottage in seventh place in the Championship

Fulham defender Denis Odoi has been speaking about his side's form this season ahead into this weekend's clash with Derby County.

The Rams travel to Craven Cottage on Saturday to face Slavisa Jokanovic's side, who are currently 17th in the Championship with 19 points.

Fulham finished sixth in the league last season and Odoi believes opposition teams have worked out how they play.

Odoi told GetWestLondon: "Everybody wants to always play their best, we wanted to play an even better season than last year but other teams have maybe adapted themselves to our kind of play."

Fulham defender Denis Odoi (Image: Stu Forster/Getty Images)

He added: "We're just not on the same level, our passing game isn't up to the same level, attacking-wise we aren't at the same level and defensively it's too easy.

"I think maybe yes, because obviously the morale isn't too high and we've had two weeks to reflect on the situation and try and solve the problem and have a new go in November and start it with a positive note."

Derby haven't lost in their last four matches against Fulham, with their last meeting ending 4-2 to the Rams, in what was Gary Rowett's third match in charge of the club.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-arent-same-level-last-775222

WhiteJC

1996/97 In Quotes

Ahead of the return of Micky Adams and his 1996/97 team to the Cottage on Saturday, relive how the season unfolded through a selection of quotes made at the time from the people closest to the action. Fulham photos courtesy of Ken Coton.

"We're calling him God now – everything he touches turns to gold."

Simon Morgan on Micky Conroy after the striker scored his fourth goal of the season in a 1-0 win over Carlisle United on 31st August 1996

"I asked them, 'How badly do you want to be top tonight?' because it's easy to get up there and let it slip. These boys can achieve whatever they want if they stick at what they're doing."

Micky Adams as Fulham beat Colchester United 3-1 to remain a point off leaders Wigan Athletic

"The confidence is absolutely fantastic. I'm pleased for the boys, pleased for some of the senior players such as Simon Morgan, who in six years at the club has achieved nothing."

Micky Adams after a 1-0 win at Exeter City sent Fulham top of Division Three

"To all the doubters out there – there's my answer to you. My team are top of the league – I'm proud of them."

Micky Adams after his side bounced back from a home defeat to win 2-0 in Darlington

"If we're not big enough and brave enough, and we're not prepared to stand up and be counted, then we'll get our backsides smacked."

Micky Adams wasn't happy after a 2-1 home defeat by Lincoln City cut Fulham's lead at the top to four points

"Fulham are really fortunate to have Micky Adams. He's an excellent young manager and he's put together an excellent all round team."

ITV's Gabriel Clarke was impressed after watching Fulham beat Brighton & Hove Albion 2-0 at Craven Cottage

"I was a bit disappointed with that – it was probably my best save."

Leyton Orient goalkeeper Peter Shilton after a goal-kick was given despite him showing fine reflexes to keep out a Micky Conroy effort in a 1-1 draw at the Cottage

"My little belated Christmas present to Fulham fans."

Micky Adams describes the arrival of former favourite Paul Parker on a short-term contract

"We went out like we were 'big time Charlies' who'd scored six goals on Saturday and all we needed to do today was turn up and play. I'll tell you what, if we perform like we did tonight, forget all talk of promotion."

Micky Adams was fuming when Fulham followed up a 6-0 win over Darlington with a 2-1 loss at Colchester United

"If this is a test of my managerial qualities, having lost two on the trot, then bring it on because I won't run away and hide. The tougher it gets, I love that and I'm sure my boys will come out fighting next week. The people that had a little pop at me and said I was negative, I'm sure that I'll give them my answer before the end of the season."

Another defeat followed at Torquay United, but Micky Adams remained defiant

"It was an absolutely fabulous day, it couldn't have gone better. The fans made it into a cup final, they were unbelievable."

Simon Morgan praises the impact made by the away supporters as Fulham won 4-1 at Scunthorpe United

"The occasion got to our lads and it inspired Cardiff. We've disappointed people again, but nobody's more disappointed than myself and the real Fulham."

Micky Adams rued his side's performance from a Friday night encounter with Cardiff City in front of the Sky Sports cameras

"I'm not like that boxer that sat down and cried last night – I'm going to come back fighting. It's a time for everybody to rally round, and whatever the fans and my players are feeling, we're all in it together. And if we get anything out of this season it's because we've all stuck together."

Micky Adams references Oliver McCall's famous Las Vegas showdown with Lennox Lewis following his side's 2-0 defeat at Lincoln City

"People have criticised my team recently, saying there's no passion and a lack of determination. Well we've shown everyone that we're not out of this race yet."

A 2-1 victory over fellow promotion hopefuls Swansea City gave Micky Adams plenty to celebrate on 11th February 1997

"Wigan caught me by surprise. They changed their system today and it messed us up a little bit. Little Martinez was sat in midfield and we couldn't really get anywhere near him."

Micky Adams was full of praise for Roberto Martinez who impressed for Wigan Athletic in their 1-1 draw at the Cottage

"Do it your way and that's not good enough, do it my way and we'll get results."

Micky Adams' half-time message to his players when they were 1-0 down at home to Chester City. Simon Morgan scored a second half equaliser to earn a point

"I was on a high and I just wanted the ball all the time. I loved every minute of it."

Darren Freeman speaking after a scintillating display that saw him score one and create two in a 4-0 triumph over Scarborough

"I think we're all put on this earth for a reason. Maybe I'm on this earth to get Fulham promoted. There's a steely determination going through the camp at the moment that nothing's going to stop us. We're on a roll, that's six games unbeaten. We're enjoying it, I hope the fans are enjoying it."

A 2-0 London derby victory at Leyton Orient put Fulham in a strong position in the table, much to our Manager's delight

"They think they've done it now, and they haven't. They get a bit relaxed, the sun comes out, there's a big crowd again and it's frustrating. A lot of players played below par, a lot of players didn't show any bottle."

Alan Cork accuses some of the players of thinking promotion is in the bag following a 1-1 home draw with Rochdale

"The lads were nearly fighting each other at breakfast, they were that desperate to get out on the pitch."

Simon Morgan describes the atmosphere prior to Fulham's famous 2-1 win over rivals Carlisle United

"Rodney McAree was going to be on the bench but I said to Alan on the Friday that I had a gut feeling about him. Sometimes it works for you and sometimes it doesn't. It was a toss-up between him and [Martin] Thomas. I went with McAree and I'm glad I did now."

Micky Adams reveals the thought process behind handing match-winner Rodney McAree a rare start at Brunton Park

"Superb. It's worth carrying on when you have nights like this. All the lads have deserved it, the Gaffer, Corky, everybody concerned at the Club. Micky's come into the job, he's set his stall out, done his homework and we've worked hard from day one and tonight's made it all worth it."

37-year-old midfielder Glenn Cockerill highlights the excellent effort made by all involved as Fulham clinch promotion with a goalless draw at Mansfield Town

"I'm a bit emotional. We've got promotion. Give the boys credit because they've worked ever so hard this season. I'm proud of every one of them – it's a squad game. And I'm proud of the fans."

A humble Micky Adams following the crucial Tuesday night draw in Nottinghamshire

"It's a moment's joy to be savoured. Let London know that Fulham is there by the river and is a big beating heart."

Chairman Jimmy Hill couldn't contain his delight following Fulham's first promotion in 15 years

"They're coming in tomorrow because I'm not going to have anybody with less commitment than me at this football club. They showed me they have been partying too hard."

Micky Adams cancelled a day off after Fulham lost their next game 1-0 at home to Northampton Town

"I had three kicks of the ball, two went in and the keeper saved the other one, so it wasn't bad."

A modest Simon Morgan after his brace secured a 2-0 win over Hull City in the final Craven Cottage match of the season

"Think doubt and fail; think victory and succeed. This motto summed up for me what we were about this season. The boys didn't doubt and they certainly didn't fail. Although we were disappointed we didn't win the championship, 87 points was a magnificent achievement by the squad, and I was proud to be the manager of a terrific bunch of hard-working professionals."

Micky Adams' assessment at the end of a wonderful campaign.

For more on the 1996/97 campaign, you can pick up 'The Micky Adams Promotion Season' book by Ken Coton and Martin Plumb from the Ashwater Press website.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/15/1996-97-in-quotes

WhiteJC

Fulham's Month From Hell
Five matches without a win, calls for a managerial change, and rock-bottom morale: how did it all go so wrong at Fulham?

Photo by Dan Istitene/Getty Images

From one international break to another, Fulham's fortunes have undergone a drastic change. Just a month ago, Fulham headed into the early October hiatus on the heels of two straight away wins, and we were waxing lyrical about the steel and industry of the Whites.

Yet fast forward a month and the Cottagers find themselves in a radically different situation. It would be no understatement to say that morale is at the lowest point since Slavisa Jokanovic's first couple months in charge. With two lackluster home draws and three defeats, the Whites endured a torrid October and a dreadful start to November. Fulham now sit in 17th position, seven points off the playoffs and seven points off the bottom three. What explains this dramatic downturn and how can the Whites get their season back on track?

Although few predicted such a drastic shift in form, the warning signs were evident in the Nottingham Forest and QPR matches. Fulham may have picked up maximum points, but were far from their best against Forest and Rangers. Many interpreted this as a sign of grit and were hopeful better performances would arrive with time.

But the opposite came true. Instead of settling into last season's electrifying form after the international break, Fulham barely grabbed a point against Preston, followed by a meek away loss at Villa Park. Bolton at home, the then-bottom dwellers, presented the perfect chance to get back to winning ways. But Fulham needed a last minute equalizer to salvage a solitary point, continuing their abysmal home form.

And the last two matches provided the most concerning of results. Fixtures against Bristol City and Wolves, two of the best teams in the Championship this year, certainly were challenging tasks. Yet last season, the Whites excelled against fellow promotion candidates, often elevating their playing style when faced with quality opposition.

But the Whites weakly submitted to both sides, losing 2-0 on each occasion while barely mustering up an effort. Frustrating problems persist in the defence, which has shockingly not kept a clean sheet since the away win over Ipswich in August. The formerly rock-solid partnership of Kalas and Ream has suddenly proven shaky; the pair now appear porous rather than formidable.

And herein lies the essential worry at the heart of Fulham's recent demise: everything that worked last season seems to be broken this time around.

The attack is bereft of ideas. Long gone is the incisive, flowing football of last season, replaced instead by a languid pace of play that rarely results in chances created. The exciting penetration that was offered by dynamic dribblers such as Neeskens Kebano, Floyd Ayite, and the now-departed Sone Aluko is conspicuously absent. Also gone is the focal point that Chris Martin offered up top; no matter how much one may personally dislike the striker, he nevertheless offered a different dimension to Fulham's attack.

Denis Odoi best summed up the Whites' issues in an interview with GetWestLondon this week.

"Last year it was fairly new, because the gaffer wasn't there for long and was in a battle against relegation, maybe now they know more about our way of playing but that shouldn't be an excuse," Odoi said. "We're just not on the same level, our passing game isn't up to the same level, attacking-wise we aren't at the same level and defensively it's too easy."

Teams have begun to figure Fulham out, according to Odoi, and it is a convincing theory. Last season was Slavisa's first full year in charge at Craven Cottage, and the style he implemented took many Championship teams by surprise. Yet this year the element of surprise has vanished, leading sides to set up purposefully to stifle the Cottagers.

Jokanovic has recognized these issues and taken steps to remedy them, changing the first eleven and the formation. But again, these switches worryingly have had the opposite effect.

In response to the lackluster draw against Bolton, Jokanovic instituted a 3-5-2 formation against Bristol City. This approach was applauded by the Fulham faithful, as Odoi was drafted into the backline and it allowed Ryan Sessegnon to flourish in a more attacking position. But the Whites looked lost in defence and found themselves 2-0 down before the interval.

The Wolves match brought another switch in approach; back came the 4-3-3, Kalas was dropped to the bench in favor of Odoi, and Fonte and Kebano joined Ayite in the front three. Yet far from shaking up the status quo, the change failed to have the intended approach and Fulham failed to score for the second successive match while conceding two set piece goals.

It is clear that the Whites are in trouble, but it is no reason to call for Jokanovic's sacking. This is the manager who took a team that was headed to League 1 and transformed them into playoff contenders. If anyone can turn around this poor run of form, it's Slavisa Jokanovic.

The next two matches provide little respite, with fixtures against Derby and Sheffield United. The sides sit 7th and 2nd in the table respectively and will certainly test the Whites to their limits.

But if there was ever a time to gain a statement win that would set the season back on track, it would be now. A word of advice for Slavisa? Swap out David Button for Marcus Bettinelli. Last season, Jokanovic swapped the keepers after an away loss at Derby. What followed was a seven match unbeaten run that propelled us to the playoffs. Here's hoping to more of the same luck this time around. COYW!

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/11/15/16647712/fulhams-month-from-hell

WhiteJC

Cairney On The Left, Fonte Up Front – Strongest 4-3-3 Fulham Line-up To Face Derby County

Predicted Fulham Line-up To Face Derby County In The EFL Championship

Two sides with play-off ambitions but who have ultimately let their fans down to a degree over the last year-and-a-half meet for a live teatime kick-off here, with hosts Fulham still nursing a few absentees.

Lucas Piazon is out for another month with a fibula fracture while Sheyi Ojo has returned to training after undergoing rehab on his shoulder injury.

Kevin McDonald's yellow card last time at Wolves saw him reach five for the season and he faces a suspension here, with Slavisa Jokanvic likely to replace him in the midfield with Ibrahima Cisse in a 4-3-3 formation:

Formation: 4-3-3
Manager: Slavisa Jokanovic
GK – David Button

He and Bettinelli have jostled for this position in the last year or so, but Button may eventually come out on top in the long-term.
RB – Ryan Fredericks

The attacking right-back is vital to the way Fulham play, but without the output they had from Malone on the other side last season, it's much less effective now.

CB – Tomas Kalas

The on-loan Chelsea man may come in to replace Odoi at the back and could rekindle his partnership with Ream.
CB – Tim Ream

The American stalwart should once again line up next to his old partner but will have a busy evening once again.
LB – Ryan Sessegnon

Sad though it is in my opinion, the young man continues at left-back and looking at the youthful way England lined up against Germany and Brazil, you can't help feeling that he may have already been an international if he had gone to the Premier League over the summer and played further forward.
RCM – Oliver Norwood

The summer signing came in to add even more quality to Fulham's midfield, but I feel this formation is not working for them other than serving the purpose of fitting in more of their central midfield talent.

CM – Ibrahima Cisse

A straight swap for McDonald and will look to just keep things steady in the middle.
LCM – Stefan Johansen

Yet another player who is (slightly) inconvenienced by this line-up and formation. He retains plenty of ability though and can hurt Derby.
RW – Floyd Ayite

The wide man doesn't have the same influence as Aluko did but will probably carry on in this role.

LW – Tom Cairney

It's either this or an unsuitable role alongside Cisse if the 4-3-3 is in evidence. Cairney is top quality and will certainly have a say on the outcome of the game.
ST – Rui Fonte

Fulham probably feel they are not getting their money's worth out of the Portuguese striker, but they have little in the way of options.

http://soccersouls.com/2017/11/16/cairney-on-the-left-fonte-up-front-strongest-4-3-3-fulham-line-up-to-face-derby-county/

WhiteJC

Three No.10s Who Swansea City Can Target In January Including This £9m Fulham Star

Three No.10s Who Swansea Can Add To Bolster Their Squad In January

Swansea City have not made the strongest of starts to the Premier League campaign. More than anything else, they have lacked a strong attack, which has rendered them unable to score much. That has affected their overall performances and with the January window coming up, Swansea are in dire need of signing a quality No.10.

Ever since Glyfi Sigurdsson left the club, they have failed to bring about creativity in their attack. In fact, it was made shockingly evident as Brighton subjected them to a 1-0 defeat at home. Every time Swansea entered the final third, they looked blunt and simply lacked a creative vision. Brighton did their part in restricting the hosts but unfortunately, Swansea could not penetrate their defence.

Of course, they have on-loan striker Tammy Abramham who has worked relentlessly but they need reinforcements if they are to attempt to salvage the rest of the season. Hence, here are 3 No.10 players Paul Clement could consider for the club.
Tom Cairney – Fulham

Tom Cairney is absolute quality. He's been so influential for Fulham and he's arguably the best No.10 in the English Championship. He is currently valued at £9m and the fans and critics rate him so highly. He scored 13 goals and 12 assists in 51 appearances last season. He has featured 7 times this season and has picked up 1 assist, though it can be said that the drop in numbers is due to the fact that Fulham, on the whole, have been struggling this season.

Mimoun Mahi – Groningen

Mahi has been linked with Swansea previously and the club could be looking at a potential January transfer for the Dutch player. The 23-year-old has already scored 5 goals in 10 games this season, and he bagged 18 in 35 last term. His displays do show that he has the qualities that Swansea need in order to bolster their attack and they could get him for a cheaper rate.

The move to Swansea will certainly help the player in his growth and development. If he manages to fill Sigurdsson's void at Swansea, there is no doubt he will be regarded highly in the Premier League.

Jonathan Viera – Las Palmas

Viera was a summer target for Swansea but it is believed that Clement's side were put off by the amount demanded by Las Palmas. However, the player's contract is close to expiry and Las Palmas have not opened talks with him yet. Hence, this could be the right time for Swansea to attempt a January swoop.

Viera is not only creative but also versatile. He is adept at playing on the left wing as well as in the No.10 position. He does fit the bill perfectly and has been in great form of late. At present, he is nursing an arm injury but the 27-year-old will be back to form in no time, making a January move sound likely.

http://soccersouls.com/2017/11/16/go-for-it-clement-three-no-10s-who-swansea-city-can-target-in-january-to-bolster-their-attacking-options/

WhiteJC

BBC Price of Football 2017: Fulham named as the most expensive day out in the Championship, with Brentford and QPR not far behind

BBC Sport asked more than 200 clubs across the United Kingdom for information on ticket prices, and we have the results.

The BBC Price of Football study has found Fulham to be the most expensive day out in the Championship.

This year, BBC Sport asked more than 200 clubs across the United Kingdom for information on ticket prices, and while almost two thirds of price categories have been reduced or remained the same across Britain, a poll of young adult football fans suggests the cost is still putting them off.

The annual study found that 134 clubs out of 190 in England, Scotland and Wales offer reduced prices for teenagers and young adults - separate from any student concessions - but 55% of the fans polled said they had stopped going completely or go to fewer games because it was too expensive.

In the Championship the average cost of a single home match-day ticket has fallen for the 2017-18 season, however unsurprisingly the west London clubs of Brentford, Fulham and QPR are at the upper end of the scale.

The cheapest adult season ticket in the Championship is Birmingham City who offer tickets as cheap as £230.

Fulham aren't far behind offering season tickets for £254, while Brentford (£369) and QPR (£400) are some way behind.

While the Cottagers offer a cheap solution, they do boast the most expensive adult season ticket In the Championship at an eye-watering £929.

For comparison, QPR's most expensive season ticket is £674 while Brentford's is £499.

In terms of match-day ticket prices, Hull City offer the cheapest single ticket at just £12, while QPR's cheapest ticket is £30, the most expensive cheap seats in the Championship.

Brentford's cheapest single ticket is prices at £20, while Fulham's is priced at £25.

At the upper end of the single match-day ticket scale, Fulham hold the most expensive price in the league at £50, while Brentford and QPR's most expensive tickets are £35 and £39 respectively.

In terms of an overall day out at a Championship football match, Fulham are calculated to be the most expensive with a day at Craven Cottage costing £60, while Brentford costs £43.70 and QPR costs £48.80.

This includes the cost of the most expensive match-day ticket, a programme, a pie and a cup of tea.

You can compare the cost of watching your club with others using our interactive tool below.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bbc-price-football-2017-fulham-13907882

WhiteJC

International Round-Up

There was World Cup heartbreak for two Fulham players this weekend as Ollie Norwood and Neeskens Kebano both came agonisingly close to securing a place at Russia 2018.

Northern Ireland lost 1-0 to Switzerland on aggregate after battling out a 0-0 draw in Basel on Sunday night.

Norwood played 75 minutes in the middle of the park for Michael O'Neill's men before being replaced by Charlton striker Josh Magennis.

West Bromwich Albion's Jonny Evans came close to taking the game to extra time but his header was hacked off the line by Ricardo Rodriguez.

The Democratic Republic of Congo needed a win over Guinea and for Tunisia to go down to Libya to top the group however it was a tough ask to hope for the previously undefeated Tunisia to lose their final game.

In fact, they were pushed all the way by a Libya side who had only amassed three points in the whole of qualifying but in the end they battled to a 0-0 draw.                       

DR Congo did all they could though, running out impressive winners over Guinea with a 3-1 victory including a stoppage time goal for Kebano on Saturday.

The Fulham winger started the game and completed the match. The home side went into the break at 0-0 but an Ousmane Sidibe own goal gave them a 1-0 lead in the 61st minute.

Guinea fired back though ten minutes later thanks to a Keita Karamokoba finish but a late fight-back from Kebano and his teammates saw them snatch a dramatic win.

Firstly, Jonathan Bolingi netted a penalty from a Issiaga Sylla handball in the 92nd minute before Kebano himself rounded off proceedings with a right footed shot into the bottom left corner of the goal in the 93rd minute.

On Sunday Estonia travelled to Malta and comfortably beat their hosts 3-0 in a friendly with Mattais Kait coming off the bench in the 55th minute to assist their final goal.

Malta were 1-0 down after 54 seconds thanks to a Rauno Sappinen strike and their lead was doubled in the 14th  minute with a Sergi Mosnikov own goal.

Kait produced a cross in the 90th minute for Henri Anier who slotted the ball home to seal the victory.

Tomas Kalas played 90 minutes on Saturday in the Czech Republic's 1-0 win away in Qatar, Antonin Barak's 15th minute goal was enough to seal a win in the friendly.

In another friendly on Sunday Floyd Ayité featured as Togo beat Mauritius 6-0 with Kodjo Fo-Doh Laba scoring four goals and Mathieu Dossevi and Emmanuel Adebayor also chipping in for the hosts.

Ayité completed 70 minutes and came off for Franco Atchou with the score at 4-0. 

At Under 19 level Ryan Sessegnon and Alti Andrason came up against each other on Saturday as England won 2-1 in a European Championship qualifier against Iceland.

Mason Mount put England ahead on 70 minutes before Andrason's replacement Daniel Hafsteinsson levelled the scores in the 82nd minute but Eddie Nketiah replied instantly and the winning goal came one minute later.

Sessegnon completed 90 minutes while Andrason played the best part of 71 minutes for Iceland.

Also on Saturday, Mikolaj Kwietniewski started and played 78 minutes as an attacking midfielder in Poland Under 19's 2-0 defeat to Norway in a friendly.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/november/13/international-round-up

WhiteJC

Fulham v Derby County: How do the two teams compare? We look at the stats

The Rams travel to Craven Cottage on Saturday as they look to bounce back from their 4-2 home defeat to Reading

Derby County travel to Craven Cottage to take on Fulham in their next Championship match of the season this weekend.

The Rams are currently seventh in the table, one point behind sixth-placed Aston Villa, with a game in hand.

Gary Rowett's side go into the match on the back of a 4-2 defeat to Reading prior to the international break, and will be hoping to bounce back with a win in the capital on Saturday (5.30pm).

Ahead of the fixture, we've taken a look at how the two teams match up, using the key statistics such as goals, shots, passes and more!

Who scores the goals?
When it comes to finding the back of the net, individually, Derby have the upper hand.

Matej Vydra (six), Sam Winnall (five - four with Derby), Bradley Johnson (four) and David Nugent (four) are the Rams' top scorers.

Compare that to Fulham, with midfielder Stefan Johansen topping the goal charts for the Craven Cottage outfit with four goals.

After that comes Aboubakar Kamara, Oliver Norwood and Neeskens Kebano, who each have two goals for the Cottagers.

Shots fired!

In terms of attempts on goal, the numbers are really close, but it's Fulham's top goal scorer for this season, Stefan Johansen, who comes out on top across both teams.

The Norwegian international has had 21 shots on goal, only one ahead of Derby midfielder Bradley Johnson (20).

Rams duo Tom Lawrence and David Nugent have each attempted 17 shots on goal, while Matej Vydra and Fulham's Floyd Ayite have had 16 shots so far this season.

Take a chance!

Once again, it's Stefan Johansen that leads the stats for the number of chance created between the two sides, setting up 35 opportunities to score.

Way behind in second is Derby forward Tom Lawrence with 19, with Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon (17) and midfielder Tom Cairney (16) trailing the Welsh international.

Take a chance!

Once again, it's Stefan Johansen that leads the stats for the number of chance created between the two sides, setting up 35 opportunities to score.

Way behind in second is Derby forward Tom Lawrence with 19, with Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon (17) and midfielder Tom Cairney (16) trailing the Welsh international.

However, there are three Fulham players who have made more, with Tim Ream making 874, Stefan Johansen with 879 and midfielder Kevin McDonald tops the list with 950!

As a team, Fulham have made considerably more passes, with 8,270 in the Championship so far at an 83% completion rate.

While Derby have made 6,034 in the league during this campaign, with slightly lower passing accuracy of 74%.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-v-derby-county-how-781261