more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou would have been ideal today

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, November 18, 2017, 11:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

That's the sort of striker we needed.

A good striker/poacher does not necessarily rely on service, as per Fonte, if that's what he is.
A major factor is 'being in the right place at the right time

The amount of crosses that came from the wings, (as shown by Fred being MOTM)
a natural would have worked out that being in the six yard box was the place to be.

We need someone who could kill a brace of pheasants and not get caught by the gamekeepers
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

In that case we need to find a Goal poacher that can not only poach a brace of pheasants and not get caught by the Gamekeeper, but can also poach a brace of goals and not get caught by the Goalkeeper . 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Sorry stirring the pot,berba would be ideal.he he

filham

For anyone to even hint that Mitroglou could do us a good turn can only serve to confirm that we have a striker problem.
Fonte is reported to have cost us about £9m and Mitroglou £12m, both failures.
How much do we need to invest in a good striker and will the Chairman let it happen.

RaySmith

Too early to call Fonte a failure - and he has already played far more minutes for Fulham than Mitro did.

filham

Quote from: RaySmith on November 19, 2017, 11:42:26 AM
Too early to call Fonte a failure - and he has already played far more minutes for Fulham than Mitro did.

A reported £9m fee seems a lot to pay for a Championship striker. Surely it is reasonable to expect him to be performing well after a dozen games. For how long do we give him before admitting that we may have made a mistake.

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on November 19, 2017, 10:01:44 AM
Sorry stirring the pot,berba would be ideal.he he

So would sniffer Clarke but those days have gone.

Steven Ageroad

I would not call Mitroglou a failure, he arrived injured and only played a hand full of games in the Premiership but the couple of games he played I thought he looked a proper striker. The only failure bit is that he refused to play in the Championship and moved onto another team and is scoring goals freely.
Interestingly the striker we were really keen on, Moune, who went to Huddersfield instead of us, has scored 1 goal so far in the opening game of the season, did we dodge another wrong'n

cottage expat

Definitely need to acquire a quality striker in the window. Otherwise, we will continue to struggle.

the nutflush

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 19, 2017, 05:08:01 PM
I would not call Mitroglou a failure, he arrived injured and only played a hand full of games in the Premiership but the couple of games he played I thought he looked a proper striker. The only failure bit is that he refused to play in the Championship and moved onto another team and is scoring goals freely.
Interestingly the striker we were really keen on, Moune, who went to Huddersfield instead of us, has scored 1 goal so far in the opening game of the season, did we dodge another wrong'n

Totally agree.  He has scored boatloads everywhere else.  He wasn't the problem.  We were the problem. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 19, 2017, 01:36:37 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on November 19, 2017, 11:42:26 AM

A reported £9m fee seems a lot to pay for a Championship striker. Surely it is reasonable to expect him to be performing well after a dozen games. For how long do we give him before admitting that we may have made a mistake.

I don't how it can be too early to call him a failure, how long does he want. He should be hitting the ground running more or less from the start, I assume he is training during the week and he is not a part timer.
He most certainly isn't a success, he cannot even stay on the pitch for 60 mins let alone 90, and at the reported fee of around 9m, I would say that's very much a failure. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.