watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Louis Moult (Motherwell)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 20, 2017, 07:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Going by some of the players we have recruited so far last summer, I don't think Fulham have seen any of them play. Not one of them has what I would call nailed down a place as their own. I just hope Ojo and Kamara and Norwood continue their current form. I cannot make Fonte out at the moment, not sure where he fits in. Mollo and Graham seem to be out of favour for some reason, as for Djalo and Soares, not sure why they were signed unless they are for back up. The opportunity for Cisse have been few and far between.
So overall the impact from the new signings has been limited, apart from the first three I have mentioned.
If we are to move up the Division, we need to either recruit better quality players, or keep giving our Academy players a chance as none have let us down so far.
On the plus side we do have Piazon to come back, but not yet.
I just wish Fonte would show us the form as to why we would pay so much money for him.
If Woodrow had only scored one goal so far out of all the matches Fonte has figured. He would be getting slaughtered by the self proclaimed purists on here.
Last thing we need is any more injuries to key players, or any player come to think of it.
It would be a result to reach the Christmas period on an unbeaten run, we do need victories more than draws, and look to bringing in another decent Striker, definitely a Centre Back, at the very least.
But they have to be quality players, which means paying for the quality, you normally get what you pay for, with the exception so far being Fonte.
A very important eight week period approaching, which could define our season.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

RE: 'Kamara back to pre-injury form.'  When was that then?  Must have passed me by.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MikeW on November 24, 2017, 03:47:20 PM
RE: 'Kamara back to pre-injury form.'  When was that then?  Must have passed me by.

Probs when he scored 2-in-2. His finish, despite the 'foul' (which wasn't a foul IMO) was decent and as Ive said in other threads I hope for big things.

Twig

Quote from: MikeW on November 24, 2017, 03:47:20 PM
Mike could you try, just once in a while, to be a bit more positive?

MikeW

Oh but I was!  When we were finishing comfortably in the top half of the Prem, had a chairman who consistently invested in good quality players etc, etc

Twig

Quote from: MikeW on November 25, 2017, 07:34:22 AM
Oh but I was!  When we were finishing comfortably in the top half of the Prem, had a chairman who consistently invested in good quality players etc, etc

So that would be roughly 3 or 6 years in the past 50 then!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on November 25, 2017, 09:44:09 AM

I am to understand the point Mike is making, is that as both chairman and Owner, Mr Khan has nowhere near the same commitment as Mr Al fayed had, which is plainly obvious.

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 25, 2017, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 25, 2017, 09:44:09 AM

I am to understand the point Mike is making, is that as both chairman and Owner, Mr Khan has nowhere near the same commitment as Mr Al fayed had, which is plainly obvious.

I still blame MAF for our current position. MAF´s failure to invest after the EC in 2010 started our demise. There was no FFP to contend with as that only came into being in 2011
Where there's a will there's a wife

MikeW

Harsh, Grandad, harsh:  MAF invested massively during his tenure and (as I understand it) sold the club for £200M with no debt.  If he'd done his due diligence the current owner would have realised he was (a) getting an absolute bargain and (b) investing in his new purchase was a near certainty.  Pretty much like any business really.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on November 25, 2017, 05:16:16 PM
Harsh, Grandad, harsh:  MAF invested massively during his tenure and (as I understand it) sold the club for £200M with no debt.  If he'd done his due diligence the current owner would have realised he was (a) getting an absolute bargain and (b) investing in his new purchase was a near certainty.  Pretty much like any business really.

Agreed.

Never forget your Roots.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 21, 2017, 04:05:48 PM
Equally, Kamara is a young player with the raw attributes to be successful and id be very surprised if he doesnt get back to his pre-injured form and get to around 10-12 this season.

People talk about him as if hes a kid, hes 23 in March. Raw attributes dont amount to anything if the player hasnt a football brain & sorry but he hasn't got one.
He doesnt make any intelligent runs, hes never in the right areas when balls are played into the box. Hes strong ,reasonably quick & willing, thats about it.
Loved to proved wrong but for me, £5m on the back of one half decent season in the French 2nd Div is money well & truly spunked