watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matchday Atmosphere Report

Started by MJG, November 20, 2017, 01:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

While on this subject, on Saturday it did not help that the clappers were soggy!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

alfie

Quote from: _Putney_ on November 20, 2017, 01:35:08 PM
Yes, the corners have never been the real problem.  The Putney end has the same 'open corners'.  It's always been the steepness and the gap at the back.
I get a little confused with this gap business, if you are facing the pitch and you project your voice forwards, how does it disappear Down a gap behind you?

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mitch

Quote from: alfie on November 20, 2017, 06:25:06 PM
Quote from: _Putney_ on November 20, 2017, 01:35:08 PM
Yes, the corners have never been the real problem.  The Putney end has the same 'open corners'.  It's always been the steepness and the gap at the back.
I get a little confused with this gap business, if you are facing the pitch and you project your voice forwards, how does it disappear Down a gap behind you?

I'll ask my Mrs. She's always telling me that I talk out of my backside.

On another note - goal music. No, no, no. Atmosphere isn't blurting out some classic pop tune as loud as you can, it's generated by the people. Also, it's tacky and horrible.

Robbie

The noise level in The Riverside is awful ... worse than Arsenal.  We need more noisy b*ggers like me ...!

ScalleysDad

I have no idea who these consultants are or what their remit was but it is very simple. One thousand away fans standing up with no stewards diving in or yelling "siddown" having a great day out is always going to trump the sterling efforts of the chosen few at the back of The Hammy End. Even half that number ignoring their allocated seat numbers and converging into a group towards the front of the Putney is going to be louder because they want to be and they are not inhibited. Its the complete day out. Away fans being able to stand up and do the boing boing thing or stand and wave scarfs is always to beat our best efforts.
Last time I was in H3 I was slow sitting back down after standing up for a corner, I think movement on the subs bench caught my attention. Two guys about five rows behind me yelled directly at me to get a move on. That is why we will never match a few hundred  fans from say Burton who by contrast are having a good time and are 'as one'.
Dear consultants, look at the blinking obvious and give us back the money!

filham

If the team would develop a habit of scoring two or three goals a game there would be a noticeable increase in noise levels and atmosphere.

HillingdonFFC

Its not rocket science, the fact is ,apart from the lads at the back of the Hammersmith end hardly anyone makes a peep. I sat in the Riverside saturday & could barely hear anything coming from our end, the Putney end had 3500 Derby fans, most of which were on their feet singing.Stands to reason that end is going to be a lot noisier
Big games when our lot are riled up the Hammersmith end can be noisy but generally our support is far less animated than most clubs