watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watching Stoke

Started by MikeW, November 20, 2017, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Love them or hate them (I'm latter), I don't think we have a player in our squad who could compete with this lot.  Men and boys.  Long way to go.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

Quote from: MikeW on November 20, 2017, 08:52:47 PM
Love them or hate them (I'm latter), I don't think we have a player in our squad who could compete with this lot.  Men and boys.  Long way to go.
Do not understand why we are being compared with Stoke in particular.

Carborundum

Couple of seasons ago, a Fulham team doing about as well as our current one played Stoke and gave them a decent game.  But when Shaquiri came on he was different class, so I think you are probably right.

Can't think about Fulham v Stoke without recalling the Bairdinho thunderbolt.  Was good to see him on Saturday. 

The Old Count

Quote from: filham on November 20, 2017, 09:20:55 PM

Possibly because Stoke are a decent mid table Premier side with a former Fulham manager and serve as an illustration of how far we've dropped and how far we have to go to get back to where we were.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: The Old Count on November 20, 2017, 10:22:37 PM
Quote from: filham on November 20, 2017, 09:20:55 PM

Possibly because Stoke are a decent mid table Premier side with a former Fulham manager and serve as an illustration of how far we've dropped and how far we have to go to get back to where we were.

Spookily spot on.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Jonaldiniho 88

Didn't watch the game. Were stoke incredibly good? They haven't been all season.

MikeW

Not 'incredibly good' but very strong in all areas (physically) and they do have some very talented individuals.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."