watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa

Started by BestOfBrede, November 21, 2017, 09:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Wish we could stop these idiotic fan baiting threads in an attempt to prove a point. But the problem is that we should all just be enjoying the wonderful result. Not looking too deeply into the performance.

Only two players tonight, possibly Kamara when he came on in flashes  actually played really well. Our defence and Button were poor and nearly threw away a three goal lead. So less remarks trying to show how clever you are making fun of genuine fans concern over the coach and players. Enjoy the wonderful result.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Newry you are probably right, did Fonte sparkle when brought on with a team playing full of confidence, I don't know? Once I have seen the 90 minute replay I will know more, what I do know is that we nearly lost the match! Assuming the stat's I read somewhere earlier tonight, Fonte has now been in the winning side twice in 13 games, what I would like to analyse is what were the scores when he started a match and was substituted and the final result and also the score before and after he came on as a substitute? Too late to work out tonight, but if somebody else would like to work it out, fine.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Peabody on November 21, 2017, 11:26:51 PM
Swell, I don't care I am celebrating what has to be said, an unexpected but magnificent. Victory and say humbug to all you armchair coaches
Not an armchair coach, sitting on the edge of a bar stool which I nearly fell off several times due to the excitement, not the drink!!! The bar stool is actually in my kitchen!! Unexpected and magnificent, yes, totally agree with that!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitesideup

Quote from: MrD1879 on November 21, 2017, 10:07:37 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 21, 2017, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: MisfitKid on November 21, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on November 21, 2017, 09:56:31 PM
Must beat Millwall. Can't win a big game like this then not beat Millwall.
Couldn't agree more.
A derby.... anything can happen
If we lose or draw a London derby are you gonna want a change of manager!?

Now doesn't seem the time or place for this but that being said if we don't get a result Saturday and this isn't to catalyst for our season then it means nothing and nothing has changed
It means three points away against the team that was second in the league. Well for me that means a lot. Sorry your glass is half-empty... sorry three quarters empty.

MrD1879

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 22, 2017, 12:48:43 AM
Quote from: MrD1879 on November 21, 2017, 10:07:37 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 21, 2017, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: MisfitKid on November 21, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on November 21, 2017, 09:56:31 PM
Must beat Millwall. Can't win a big game like this then not beat Millwall.
Couldn't agree more.
A derby.... anything can happen
If we lose or draw a London derby are you gonna want a change of manager!?

Now doesn't seem the time or place for this but that being said if we don't get a result Saturday and this isn't to catalyst for our season then it means nothing and nothing has changed
It means three points away against the team that was second in the league. Well for me that means a lot. Sorry your glass is half-empty... sorry three quarters empty.

Hoping this is s spark and not a one off result resulting in an uplift to our season and isn't a high point before reverting to our abject home performances doesn't mean my glass is half full.

What a load of rubbish

Woolly Mammoth

The result last night was a surprise for some of us, how many times does a team score 5 goals away from home. Then again how many times does a team concede 4 goals and wins.
Let's enjoy the moment. Typical Fulham isn't it.
Now as we turn to Saturday's match and our local derby v Millwall.
It's another challenge, probably a completely different match, but still a challenge, and not for the faint hearted. But Fulham will approach this game with a lot more confidence after last night, although mindful, what with our home form, that we will have to most likely need to score at least 2 goals to win, and until that is addressed there is always that doubt.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2017, 06:59:55 AM
Typical Fulham isn't it.
In a whole host of ways it is exactly that.  Shades of last season both pre- and post-run.  Brilliant attacking play at times and shoddy defence at others.  Fulham just don't do dull, predictable football.  What is not to like about that?

I mentioned being unbeaten going into 2018 back before the Derby game.  Let's see how long we can keep this run going.

And young Ryan - what a way to to show your best traits.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2017, 06:59:55 AM
The result last night was a surprise for some of us, how many times does a team score 5 goals away from home. Then again how many times does a team concede 4 goals and wins.
Let's enjoy the moment. Typical Fulham isn't it.
Now as we turn to Saturday's match and our local derby v Millwall.
It's another challenge, probably a completely different match, but still a challenge, and not for the faint hearted. But Fulham will approach this game with a lot more confidence after last night, although mindful, what with our home form, that we will have to most likely need to score at least 2 goals to win, and until that is addressed there is always that doubt.

I agree and it will also be the case that our 5 goals will cause Milwall to approach the game with rather more trepidation.