more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post game view from Sheffield United

Started by terryr, November 22, 2017, 06:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Fair play to them......

" They were a really good team. They had a very good footballing midfield and were by far the paciest team I've seen and we struggled against it. Sliced us open on the break a few times.
I can see how they made play offs last season and I think now they're over injuries they will again"

" Moved it around well too. Finished well, unlike in their game against Derby. Good game, we keep getting dragged back down to earth."

" Best side we have played and I can see them climbing the table very soon. Will be surprised if they miss out on the play offs"

" Thought Leeds pressed us better than Fulham to be fair...
Fulham just had more pace and play some very incisive stuff going forward... Something I pointed out before the match and see no reason to change my mind on.
I've been saying since early season that they are in a false position. That said, they could learn to defend a little more  :)"

" Ojo, Cairney, and Sessegnon all looked exceptionally dangerous. A good footballing side with a style not that dissimilar to ours. Wish them well for the rest of the season."

"Tonight saw Fulham do to us what we have done to other teams all season. Pressed high up, closed the space down and gave us no time on the ball.
Another part of the learning curve, be interesting to see how Wilder deals with it.
All in all though a cracking game of football !!! "

" Time wasting and diving notwithstanding, tonight was a very good game of football between two good sides.

Their pace and movement was probably superior to ours but we by no means disgraced ourselves. Other than Carter-Vickers' mistakes, which I have no doubt he will learn from, we've conceded five goals and nobody has really had a bad game. Leon is just a machine and it's hilarious to think that teams can't handle him, after the stick he got from the other lot from pre-season, right up to the derby!

Man of the match was a toss up between Leon and Lundstram for me. Lundy put some good tackles in, was always available to receive the ball and played some very good passes.

Carruthers looked good when he came on, too, so we showed some depth to the squad in Coutts's absence.

It's a pity their number 3 was absolutely poo hot or we'd have got something from tonight.

I did notice McDonald lingering around after the game, he had a good chat with Ched then made sure to shake every one of our players' hands. He looked at the Kop for a while like he wanted to clap the fans as well, but then probably remembered they'd been calling him a money grabbing winker fifteen minutes prior. I did think he looked good tonight and would be an ideal Coutts replacement/stand-in, if we could afford him in January."

" They punished us and were the best side we've seen this season"

" They've got Tom Cairney back recently.
When him, McDonald and Johansen are all fit and in the same midfield Fulham will fly up that table at a rate of knots. Outstanding."

" Yeah, they deserved it. We did make some shocking errors, but they played it about better than anyone I've seen us play this season, and ran at us with pace.
They pressed us like we press teams which was partially why a few cocked up. Crazy game, but one we didn't deserve to win."

"Sorry but some days you play your best, but you just get beat.
On to Saturday...
Anyone trying to play the blame game, sorry but you're barking up the wrong tree.
Yes CCV dropped a couple of mistakes, but I'm sorry of all the games this season, the way we played at 2-5 made me proud!!"

" Thought they were quality last night, they rode their luck at the back and i think defending away from home is probably not in their nature, so there was always going to be goals.
However, going forward and attacking on the break they were fantastic. The lad Sessegnon just looked a threat all game and thought he did alright defensively too. He was always looking to get forward with the ball.
First half before they scored we were relentless as we went forward, they were tidy and sideways in possession. Then they kicked up a gear and at the back we couldn't handle them.
Best side to come to the lane so far and they deserved the win. Their league place doesn't reflect the way they played last night"

There's more praise (and some whinging about their failed penalty shout ,poor refereeing, and time wasting), but all in all they were pretty gracious in defeat. More importantly haven't descended into the usual blame game or doom and gloom.
As I said at the beginning...fair play to them.

Jamie88

Woolly Mammoth

They have taken it on the chin, and credit to them for that. They acknowledge we had pace and knock it around well, so let's hope our players can draw confidence from this. I would not be adverse to winning 5 4 v Millwall, but not sure my nerves could take it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

Was in a pub and also restaurant after the game and talking to people they were very friendly and complimentary - shaking hands and wishing FFC good luck - nice club and supporters

bog

There are no better fans than those who lose with dignity. Fair play to them and good luck for the rest of the season.

092.gif

Slaphead in Qatar

Thanks terry- I always wonder about view from other side after game

General

And they are supporting a team who were in 2nd at the beginning of the evening so if they think we were better in a false position etc then we should really expect ourselves to be in amongst it at the end of the season..

I have to say it's a weird feeling to think this club is unanimously seen by fans around the league as the best team without exception on our day and weird to possess the quality where even the top teams fans stand aside and simply praise the quality of our team and how well we played after beating even a team in the top 3.

It's also weird to think about what it must be like to be having the season sheffield utd are having and to be so near the top of the championship for them to realise there's a team behind them that they consider superior and expect to be around them by end of the season.. quite odd.

MJG

And we get these comments partly because of the way we play.
We stand out from the crowd with the passing style when its at its best.
I'd rather be that than a run of mill 'normal' football team with no real style.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2017, 08:53:57 AM
And we get this comments partly because of the way we play.
I'd rather be that than a run of mill 'normal' football team with no real style.

My thoughts too.  We get our money's worth of entertainment.

Keynsham

Same here.

Fair play to them though indeed. I might have to rethink my previous comments about them following that.

Fulham1959

Twig

I agree, I said in another thread that Joka has a playing philosophy and stays true to his beliefs and I am very happy with that.  Others have accused him of being inflexible but I don't really see that; he has tried various player permutations and has experimented with alternative formations but always within his overarching philosophy.  Personally I wouldn't want that philosophy to change.

Arthur

Quote from: Twig on November 22, 2017, 09:50:47 AM

I agree, I said in another thread that Joka has a playing philosophy and stays true to his beliefs and I am very happy with that.  Others have accused him of being inflexible but I don't really see that; he has tried various player permutations and has experimented with alternative formations but always within his overarching philosophy.  Personally I wouldn't want that philosophy to change.

Well put. My sentiments entirely.

Woolly Mammoth

No of course not Twig, but managers more than ever are judged by results, it can be a ruthless business. So we all hope that the results match the performances, which inevitably means that a little surgery needs to be carried out in January at both front and rear.

Never forget your Roots.

The Swan

Very  good comments from the Blades supporters. I admire them for that.
I bet we would not get the same comments from Wednesday supporters.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

That's why we cannot afford to lose Cairney or Sess or McDonald or any other of our important quality players, otherwise we will be visiting Barnsley and Hull and PNE for
many many seasons.
Interesting that it was mentioned that we need to replace our goalkeeper.

Never forget your Roots.