watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonton Zola Moukoko

Started by sunburywhite, November 27, 2017, 04:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

alfie

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 27, 2017, 04:09:39 PM
Very good article on him and stats and Championship Manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41966203
Sorry I know you mean well, but we slate Kline for his use of stats, and yet you want us to take note of a computer game.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2017, 05:41:21 PM

Sorry I know you mean well, but we slate Kline for his use of stats, and yet you want us to take note of a computer game.

No, it was quite the opposite

It shows what happens when that stats are stacked up but not everything goes to plan

Did you read the article?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

gezkc

alfie

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 27, 2017, 06:32:37 PM

It shows what happens when that stats are stacked up but not everything goes to plan

My apologies just made an assumption without reading, this is something we do a lot on here making assumptions without knowing the facts. Again apologies.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jelmo

He was my goto player in champ man.

General

Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2017, 07:45:32 PM

My apologies just made an assumption without reading, this is something we do a lot on here making assumptions without knowing the facts. Again apologies.

We? You're the one who did it.. don't lump us all in the same basket to cover up your rash judgements.

sunburywhite

No problems

I just thought it was interesting as I remember him from Championship Manager, never thought at the time he was going to be the next Messi but it shows how a tragic death totally changed his career

I also follow the young athletes who were chosen by their peers for the Olympics to see if any of them actually make it. Already some have dropped by the wayside

JoelH5

Quote from: General on November 28, 2017, 12:25:13 AM

We? You're the one who did it.. don't lump us all in the same basket to cover up your rash judgements.

Haha. Why did you have to try and get a dig in there Alfie? It's an interesting post Sunbury. Who remembers the great Freddy Adu of Championship Manager 97/98!?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Southcoastffc

Tonton Zola Moukoko? Best name since Papa Bouba Diop.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

The article is worthy of a read, as are many others on the subject of football databases and the several technologies available to assist in search and analysis of them.

The story behind Tonton Zola Moukoko is a sad glimpse into how life works in so many ways that computers really cannot fathom or arrive at, no matter how many refinements are made or algorithms designed to do so.   In calculus, which is what the algorithms try to emulate, occurrences like this likeable guy are the ones that really do get away from everyone apart from the keen eyes of those rare beings who really know football and people  intimately.  As the article says the mental aspects of sport are really tough work for even the human brain to work out, a brain that is capable of much more powerful multi-layered and simultaneous analysis of its senses and knowledge than any supercomputer ever will be.

This is as good a story to tell about the perils of statistical obsession as any.   

Milo

Saw this - was interesting!

Had CM4 myself I think - or was it CM2000? Actually might have had both. Can safely say half my childhood life was spent on it.

There's a letter in my father's house from when I was 8 asking (in sprawled writing) the Fulham manager to consider buying a striker from Panathinaikos because he had come up rosy on the old CM. No response I might add!

Keynsham

Cherno Samba!

Andryi Sigporson was another one, can't tell you which version it was from but he was always a definite buy.  As was a certain Pep Guardiola on a free transfer at the start of another one.

alfie

Quote from: General on November 28, 2017, 12:25:13 AM

Goodness me I have apologised for my error, and I am really sorry for saying "we" I will change "we" to "lots of people" there does that make you happy as you clearly never make assumptions.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't