watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next up, Brentford

Started by Wearethewhites, November 28, 2017, 10:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

So, with Derby losing tonight, and the points gap still only being 6pts to the top 6, will the Brentford game, turn out to be another potential banana skin for us?

Can't remeber the last time we won 3 in a row, must have been last season when we had that decent run, and although Brentford made a hash of QPR the other night, I can still see their forwards terrorising our poor old defence.

Being a derby, and Brentford seeing this type of game as their cup final, Slav will obviously have to approach Brentford a lot different than Millwall, if we're to pick up any points.

How does he do it? How does he approach the game? What side does he put out?

MrD1879

Be interesting to see if Brentford push up on us and leave the space behind for Sess and Ojo to exploit with their pace or play more like teams at the cottage who sit back more knowing we find it difficult to break them down and create clear cut chances. There will be pressure on them as the home team to play the first way.

filham

I understand McDonald and Johansen may well be ready to start, surely we are going to be the better team on paper. Just a question of whether we can hit the back of the net two or three times on the day.

HamsterWheel

2.5-1 available for a Fulham win on Betfair. Was 2.8-1 the other day when I had a tickle. Still generous odds I reckon - think this may be the start of a decent run.

Wingnut

Think we'll score against these but worried about our ability to stop them. Expecting that they'll push up on us and start fast as the home team. Going along to this. Should be a good day out.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Whitesideup

Simple answer - yes, but not so much as a banana skin as a genuinely tough game.

That's maybe a bit obvious - Brentford are playing good football this year - much improved on last year even if we only got 4 out of 6 points against them despite murdering them at Griffin Park. - and like ourselves, perhaps lower in the league than they could be.

Tough game. We need to play better in the penalty box than we did against Millwall, but we may, just may get a bit more space.  1-2 to the Mighty Whites. COYW !

Woolly Mammoth

We have to step up a gear v Brentford, and I think we will. Our away record gives me confidence that we will get a result. A lot will depend on how we set up, and who plays where. They are a useful outfit that are dangerous going forward.
We have to be resilient front and back on Saturday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Vibe is quality striker, have to look out for him. He's proof you don't have to be a big strong forward in this league - just score goals with the chances you get. Hope Fonte learns by watching him vs QPR.

Twig

Quote from: Matt10 on November 30, 2017, 12:40:41 AM
Vibe is quality striker, have to look out for him. He's proof you don't have to be a big strong forward in this league - just score goals with the chances you get. Hope Fonte learns by watching him vs QPR.

Hope Fonte stays away for this one!

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Matt10 on November 30, 2017, 12:40:41 AM

Lasse Vibe has scored 2 in 12, before QPR it was 0 in 11. It's not the goalscoring form of a quality striker. In fact when you look at goals per minutes, he has exactly the same record as Kamara (played 14 minutes less) with a slightly worse shots on target ratio.

If we wanted Fonte to learn from a Brentford player why dont we suggest Maupay or Watkins AKA someone who has performed over a whole season.

This post doesnt actually make alot of sense.

SP

Dont know anything about the Bees team so the 'Inside Griffin Park' article on the Official makes interesting reading.

Shame the Brentford fan invited to write the article chose to finish it with a dig at Fulham, classy.

Baszab

I don't think people quite appreciate how much they hate FFC

BestOfBrede

They're jealous of FFC and that is shown as hate. I know a few of them and whilst ok geezers they certainly have a problem with The Mighty Whites!

SP

Quote from: Baszab on November 30, 2017, 07:14:36 PM
I don't think people quite appreciate how much they hate FFC

I can remember a few victories for them over the years, but beyond beating us occasionally, what are their greatest achievements?  Any FA Cup or European finals?