watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shaun Hutchinson

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 26, 2017, 05:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Always like to look during season how our ex players are doing,I watched him closely yesterday and thought he played well,he has won their MoM on 3 occasions this season,looked yesterday like his game has improved and the move did him good.

hovewhite

I watched shuan a lot when he was with us and always thought anyone playing alongside burn with a coach that didnt have a clue ,shuan would the first out out not becuase he was the lesser player but size wise burn appeared to be the stronger of the two.
How its proved the opposite.

RaySmith

Well done to him, he played well.

MJG

Have to say don't miss him at all. His right footed punts up field are not for us. The Hutchinson way is lookup and hit and hope.
Just the views of a long term fan

@jolslover

If he played for us in our current system would look like one of the worst CBs in the league. Millwall system suits him better.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on November 26, 2017, 07:10:57 PM
If he played for us in our current system would look like one of the worst CBs in the league. Millwall system suits him better.

Yes it does,but not all the sides play like us.
First of all he is a defender and did the job well yesterday.. Credit where its due in my book.

Tonywa

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 26, 2017, 07:15:30 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on November 26, 2017, 07:10:57 PM

Yes it does,but not all the sides play like us.
First of all he is a defender and did the job well yesterday.. Credit where its due in my book.

On the other hand the players up front for Fulham yesterday are hardly likely to strike fear into any half competent defender.

colinwhite

Hutchinson wasnt good enough for us.

RaySmith

He did  the primary job of a defender well- he prevented the other team from scoring, even if he wouldn't be suitable for Fulham's style of play.

JimmyConway

I kept a close eye on him Saturday to see if there had been any improvement. It was difficult to tell considering how we setup especially up top. Would like to see how he would fair against someone like Martin or Hugill. Still has the physique of a centre back and has that bit of pace required. Technically not good though and at times in second half switched off more than once.
If you asked me would I choose him over Ream I would say probably not but only because he is right footed.

filham

Huthinson gave a good solid performance against all we could throw at him. Either he is a top Championsip centre back or we have a major striker problem.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on November 27, 2017, 10:41:18 AM
Huthinson gave a good solid performance against all we could throw at him. Either he is a top Championsip centre back or we have a major striker problem.
If you were to have a poll I suspect the 2nd option would win handsomely. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

colinwhite

He had his moments ,but was mistake prone and poor when playing the ball forward.With him and Burn at the centre of our defense we let in more set-piece goals than at any other time.

bill taylors apprentice

He did OK against us and he certainly would have benefited from having better players around him when he was with us but he is what he is, Millwall standard!

FFC1987

I don't think anyone has said we miss him or he'd be decent for us now did they? I'm coming around to the idea of a Aden Flint for us though. I really do think a centre half who would bring some form of threat from set pieces would help us greatly....

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 27, 2017, 12:00:39 PM
I don't think anyone has said we miss him or he'd be decent for us now did they? I'm coming around to the idea of a Aden Flint for us though. I really do think a centre half who would bring some form of threat from set pieces would help us greatly....
As long as they can also cope with the passing from the back and quick passing and interlinking play that Slav wants.
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2017, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 27, 2017, 12:00:39 PM
As long as they can also cope with the passing from the back and quick passing and interlinking play that Slav wants.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, finding a CB who can both score goals and pass will be difficult but I think Flint is capable. I'm not of the opinion, we need to sacrifice our overall game to accommodate a few players who would add to set pieces/goals but surely professionals can do basic 10 yard passes to our midfield 3.....

snarks

I thought in a team set up for his style he did ok. Fact is we should have scored more given our possession etc. He was beaten for pace by Kamara, Sess and Kebano. Fonte held him off the ball a couple of times too. He's not as good as Kalas, Ream or Odoi. So good luck to him elsewhere.