https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Christie Arrives

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 31, 2018, 11:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Christie Arrives
Wednesday 31 January 2018 23:30

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Cyrus Christie from Middlesbrough for an undisclosed fee, subject to deadline day clearance.

The right-back, who can also play on the wing, has penned a three-and-a-half year deal, keeping him at Craven Cottage until at least the summer of 2021, with a Club option to extend by a further 12 months.

Christie, 25, came through the academy at hometown club Coventry City, and went on to make 119 appearances for the Sky Blues after making his senior debut as a 17-year-old, taking in loan spells at Nuneaton Town and Hinckley United along the way.

Following the expiry of his Coventry contract in the summer of 2014, Christie stepped up a division to join Derby County, making 45 appearances in his debut season at Pride Park.

He spent two more seasons there, and by the time he left to join Boro last summer for a reported £2.5m he'd coincidentally played 119 times for the Rams, also.

The attack-minded defender racked up 26 appearances for the Teessiders in the first half of the season, scoring his only goal for the club in their 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage back in September.

Eligible for the Republic of Ireland through his Dublin-born grandmother, Christie won his first international cap in November 2014. A member of their 2016 European Championship squad, he has now represented his country 15 times and scored two goals.

Tony Khan said: "I am very excited to welcome Cyrus into the Fulham family on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

"He is a fantastic young player who brings both an international pedigree and a wealth of Championship experience with him. I can't wait for him to join us and help the squad continue to push for promotion."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/january/31/cyrus-christie-arrives?utm_source=Hoot&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Social-geoff

The Rock

It's Fredricks with some make up. Clearly we didn't sign anymore players and they are going to the dress up bin.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Exciting

Great comment from Tony Khan.

He is the Messiah that we have been waiting for to help us with the next 4 months push for promotion.

Sorry Tony, you haven't quite the hang of this have you ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Sgt Fulham

Brawn

Good move. I like Christie. A lot.

MikeCdawg

Championship player, a good one at that but nothing more. Is Fredericks going? I didn't really see RB as the position we needed strengthening

Bassey the warrior

Looked good going forward when we played Boro. Seems a smart signing with Fredericks still not signed to a new deal.
This frees up Odoi to be centre back or left back.

Forever Fulham

"Eligible for the Republic of Ireland through his Dublin-born grandmother,"...   These stretched family connections for national team purposes always crack me up.  Is that as far removed as you can get and still be eligible?  What about a great grand parent?  Or a cousin twice removed? 

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 01, 2018, 12:34:01 AM
"Eligible for the Republic of Ireland through his Dublin-born grandmother,"...   These stretched family connections for national team purposes always crack me up.  Is that as far removed as you can get and still be eligible?  What about a great grand parent?  Or a cousin twice removed? 

Unless you're an englander, every other nation is going around looking for these connections. Helps the counties, and can help the players connect deeper with the past of one of their relatives.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Rock on January 31, 2018, 11:38:45 PM
It's Fredricks with some make up. Clearly we didn't sign anymore players and they are going to the dress up bin.

not too terribly racist
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cookieg

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 31, 2018, 11:43:40 PM
Exciting

Great comment from Tony Khan.

He is the Messiah that we have been waiting for to help us with the next 4 months push for promotion.

Sorry Tony, you haven't quite the hang of this have you ?

Well if he isn't the Messiah let's hope he isn't too naughty a boy then.

Maccy91

Smart signing, fredericks is obviously aware of PL interest so is holding out on signing a new deal until he knows where we will be next year, dont get promoted, he goes to PL and we have a similar standard RB to fill his position, get promoted, he signs a new deal and we have a bit of strength in depth

Twig

"The Messiah" did T K really say that? How embarrassing.

Tabby

Quote from: Twig on February 01, 2018, 09:35:27 AM

No, he didn't say that. That would've been silly. It is just Roger paraphrasing.

HatterDon

Quote from: Tabby on February 01, 2018, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 01, 2018, 09:35:27 AM

No, he didn't say that. That would've been silly. It is just Roger paraphrasing.

There's also another word that might fit better.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jims Dentist

Very pleased to see Cyrus ( Linford ) Christie sign for us.
He's one that I have admired for a few seasons.
I'm likely seen as one of the moaners, but am pleased with the three new recruits, although given the time constraints we could have missed out.
Still let's hope that the dismissal of Kline has helped turn a corner?

mrmicawbers

Credit where it's due.One of 3 good signings. Can't believe anyone would have an issue.?