watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sell Fonte Before His Value Drops?

Started by Horsfield_No9, December 04, 2017, 11:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

Anyone else agree with this? We already paid about 5m over the odds, even his previous clubs chairman admitted this. For me I can't see him ever cutting it in this league, rather than persevere I think sell him back to a club in Portugal while his good reputation there is still fresh in their minds. He clearly can do a job in that league but not here.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Chutney

His value will have already dropped significantly, I'm afraid we're stuck with him. Thank Tony Khan for that.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

I will personally take him back to Portugal, providing he doesn't mind crossing the English Channel on a plank, if I can find a plank long enough.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

David I

Does make a mockery of the transfer policy!!
It appears to be ok to spend 10M on Mitroglu and what was it on Fonte 7? But not 3M on Glenn Murray or Circa 4M for Jerome as there would be no sell on value because of their age...
Both Murray and Jerome could provided the much need fire power to (possibly) have challenged for promotion!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: David I on December 04, 2017, 03:09:24 PM
Does make a mockery of the transfer policy!!
It appears to be ok to spend 10M on Mitroglu and what was it on Fonte 7? But not 3M on Glenn Murray or Circa 4M for Jerome as there would be no sell on value because of their age...
Both Murray and Jerome could provided the much need fire power to (possibly) have challenged for promotion!

Correct, but that's far too sensible for the Khans to understand.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Can't se how anyone would want to pick up his contract now , even on a free, we are stuck with him now for the duration of his contract.

Twig

It's a nice idea and maybe, just maybe, he has a value in Portugal.  We will still take a big hit though.  As David says, it makes a mockery of our transfer policy under that know nothing pedant Kline.

Barrett487

I think he has skills and may acclimatise to British football. He just isn't ready. The problem i have is that i thought we bought someone who would have an impact.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 04, 2017, 07:55:06 PM
I think he has skills and may acclimatise to British football. He just isn't ready. The problem i have is that i thought we bought someone who would have an impact.

That's reassuring to know that he may acclimatise to English Football, what is he a plant ?
He is not 16 years old, he cost something to the tune of 9million, so I expect an immediate impact, otherwise why sign him.  Another reason why stats do not work.
If he was a free transfer or a loan I would be annoyed.
But to waste that kind of money for somebody who cannot hack it in English Football is criminal negligence.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

His value is like the cash out values I have been offered recently on some stupid bets e.g.  Fulham winning, I think we can knock off 1 zero on the fee we paid for him, maybe even 2?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 04, 2017, 08:43:20 PM
His value is like the cash out values I have been offered recently on some stupid bets e.g.  Fulham winning, I think we can knock off 1 zero on the fee we paid for him, maybe even 2?

Just knock off the 9 it's quicker.

Never forget your Roots.

ScalleysDad

Hey Mr B hope all is well. Like you I assumed the incoming players would a revelation. Being acclimatised, ready to go and having an impact are all attributes we will find nigh on impossible to secure in January unless Khan looks at paying double and more what he did for Fonte. Even then if all of that resembles a championship ready player he will be experienced and probably in his thirties. There are still the occasional mentions of top six and promotion. Nah. Whatever project this is the January window will only shore it up to see us to the summer when blind hope will strike us down again.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 04, 2017, 08:24:11 PM

That's reassuring to know that he may acclimatise to English Football, what is he a plant ?
He is not 16 years old, he cost something to the tune of 9million, so I expect an immediate impact, otherwise why sign him.  Another reason why stats do not work.
But to waste that kind of money for somebody who cannot hack it in English Football is criminal negligence.
The problem with purchasing players is you don't know how they will perform until you play them, it could just have easily gone the other way and set the league alight, I don't blame Fonte i blame the person who keeps playing him every week, if you playing him as a striker then do that and keep him up top instead of all over the place.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on December 04, 2017, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 04, 2017, 08:24:11 PM

The problem with purchasing players is you don't know how they will perform until you play them, it could just have easily gone the other way and set the league alight, I don't blame Fonte i blame the person who keeps playing him every week, if you playing him as a striker then do that and keep him up top instead of all over the place.

Hello Alfie, I am rather confused as to why would anyone who hasn't taken leave of their senses, apart from Fulham FC via their stats system be deluded enough to purchase any player when they do not know how they are going to perform until they play them.
I don't think even the Dog & Duck 3rd xi would be irresponsible enough to go and do something as daft as that. 
Therefore with your permission may I suggest and strongly recommend you check your post again and rub out the first 66 words with paint remover and a wire brush and start again. Then when you have completed that task, and had a cup of tea.
Please proceed to the nearest branch of The Samaritans and inform them your feeling a little off colour and need their guidence and reassurance that the earth is not flat after all.
Thank you and Goodnight. 💤

Never forget your Roots.