watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

8 points behind Sheff U

Started by BedsFFC, December 17, 2017, 02:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Games with Barnsley, Cardiff, Hull & Ipswich between us and our potential first January signings.

We must be on the cusp of "planning for next season" as far as the next window is concerned for the powers that be. This will be so frustrating.

I'm a fan and I want us to go for it all the time.

I wonder what the criteria is for spending the cash that we have been told is available?

I would guess its about 6 points off the play-offs. Frankly, I think if we are 6 points behind Sheff United, I think we would catch them. I worry more about Leeds. Looking at the table, feasibly, its only sixth place that we can aim for.

I was going to say that out of all the teams in the league, we were at least the one team that are so obviously underperforming in the 1st half of the season, so, were due a big improvement.
Then I saw Reading & Sheffield Wednesday. We are ahead of our 3 other play-off losers from last season. Talk about a hangover...

I should say that I do not think we are good enough. We don't look like going on a run. We look lost.

But...7 points from the next 12 and then three key players going straight into the first team by the time we play Middlesborough on the 13th January.

Thats what I'm clinging to

filham

Look we have an enormous problem our attack, we just don't look like scoring goals. In the last four games we have scored but three goals and one of those was a penalty. Our Coach seems determined to play our best attacker at left back and to continue with an invisible striker.

A change in both tactics and players is needed. The Coach is too obstinate to change the tactics and the Chairman probably lacks confidence in the Coach to allow him to spend money on better players.

We will just have to soldier om hoping that the Coach will seesense and macke sone tactical changes and that some of our promising younggsters will find their way into the team.