more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jaguars make the Play-Offs!!

Started by Fulham Tup North, December 17, 2017, 09:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

:drums: :wow:  1st time since 2007!
Beat the Houston Texans 45 - 7.  Makes it 10 - 4 with 2 to play.
Excellent game... something to cheer this weekend at last  :HD:
Well done Jaguars!!!   049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 17, 2017, 09:27:04 PM

Some are saying their defence can carry them to the Super Bowl.

SG

That's more his football team will do

Barrett487

That'll please Woolly

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 17, 2017, 11:11:11 PM

That'll please Woolly

Hmmm 😡 💣 🥊⚰️🆘
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

I hope the Jaguars will win all the way, whatever that means (Superbowl?? haha), so that SK is in a good mood to splurge in January for Fulham.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Fantastic news, even if no one likes NFL it'll loosen Mr Khan's purse, some more
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Also what a great PR/Marketing opportunity for us if they do manage to reach the Super Bowl

F(f)CUK

Would have been second seeds had it not been for a wild last two minutes in the Patriots/Steelers game.

elgreenio

just got to sit back and wait for the inevitable Bortles blowout in the playoffs.

At least I cant see anything taking the shine off what has been a truly wonderful season!
touch my camera through the fence

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: elgreenio on December 18, 2017, 09:42:18 AM
just got to sit back and wait for the inevitable Bortles blowout in the playoffs.

At least I cant see anything taking the shine off what has been a truly wonderful season!
and this was without Fournette playing 😀
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Forever Fulham

Well, hopefully, this means they'll go a ways into the playoffs, be flush with revenue, and will have  extra money to spend on us now (FFP notwithstanding).  This is really quite remarkable.  Small media city teams like Jacksonville struggle to compete with the big media city teams.  The stadia sizes, the in-stadium revenue (concessions, merchandising, box suites), the local businesses that want to  be the Proud Sponsor of [insert name of team here].  Official auto dealership of, official car of, official beer of, ad nauseum.   So when the smaller market club team pulls off a winning record and takes it to the big boys, you have to tip your hat.  Green Bay figured out a way to do it.  The San Antonio Spurs basketball team found a way (doesn't hurt that it's the ONLY major league sports franchise in that sprawling city, but only the 35th largest media market); Cleveland's doing it now with the Cavaliers basketball team (albeit with some high quality but aging players).  Kind of like Leicester's Miracle. 

But if you look closely at each of these small media market sports success stories there's always something special going on.    Back office people that are extraordinary.  Some special sauce.  And I suspect that's so with Shahid's Jaguars.  They just rolled over the Houston Texans 45-7.  The Texans started this season known for their defense.  And they gave up 45 points in late regular season to the Jaguars, a team that has earned a reputation this season for their defense more so than their offense.  Something is going on.  And my larger point from all this is that if we give Khan a little more time, I think he'll get it right at Fulham, too.  In spite of it being a 'small' club, with a small capacity  stadium, in a media market saturated with coverage of Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham.   What he really knew of American football as a young Pakistani immigrant you could put on the head of a pin.  If he could do this with Jacksonville, he can figure it out and get it right with Fulham, too.  I believe that.  We came close last season.  We lost some key people.  A lot of the players from late last season are still here.  And they remember how close.   Just a few key players away from crushing this league and moving up.  I just worry we'll lose some of our better players if we can't make a serious run for the third promotion spot this season. 

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 18, 2017, 11:30:46 PM
Well, hopefully, this means they'll go a ways into the playoffs, be flush with revenue, and will have  extra money to spend on us now (FFP notwithstanding).  This is really quite remarkable.  Small media city teams like Jacksonville struggle to compete with the big media city teams.  The stadia sizes, the in-stadium revenue (concessions, merchandising, box suites), the local businesses that want to the Proud Sponsor of [insert name of team here].  Official auto dealership of, official car of, official beer of, ad nauseum.   So when the smaller market club team pulls off a winning record and takes it to the big boys, you have to tip your hat.  Green Bay figured out a way to do it.  The San Antonio Spurs basketball team found a way (doesn't hurt that it's the ONLY major league sports franchise in that sprawling city, but only the 35th largest media market); Cleveland's doing it now with the Cavaliers basketball team (albeit with some high quality but aging players).  Kind of like Leicester's Miracle. 

But if you look closely at each of these small media market sports success stories there's always something special going on.    Back office people that are extraordinary.  Some special sauce.  And I suspect that's so with Shahid's Jaguars.  They just rolled over the Houston Texans 45-7.  The Texans started this season known for their defense.  And they gave up 45 points in late regular season to the Jaguars, a team that has earned a reputation this season for their defense more so than their offense.  Something is going on.  And my larger point from all this is that if we give Khan a little more time, I think he'll get it right at Fulham, too.  In spite of it being a 'small' club, with a small capacity  stadium, in a media market saturated with coverage of Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham.   What he really knew of American football as a young Pakistani immigrant you could put on the head of a pin.  If he could do this with Jacksonville, he can figure it out and get it right with Fulham, too.  I believe that.  We came close last season.  We lost some key people.  A lot of the players from late last season are still here.  And they remember how close.   Just a few key players away from crushing this league and moving up.  I just worry we'll lose some of our better players if we can't make a serious run for the third promotion spot this season. 

Good and intelligent summary, it's similar to the way I see it.
Nice one FF

Asotosyios

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 19, 2017, 12:48:14 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 18, 2017, 11:30:46 PM
Well, hopefully, this means they'll go a ways into the playoffs, be flush with revenue, and will have  extra money to spend on us now (FFP notwithstanding).  This is really quite remarkable.  Small media city teams like Jacksonville struggle to compete with the big media city teams.  The stadia sizes, the in-stadium revenue (concessions, merchandising, box suites), the local businesses that want to the Proud Sponsor of [insert name of team here].  Official auto dealership of, official car of, official beer of, ad nauseum.   So when the smaller market club team pulls off a winning record and takes it to the big boys, you have to tip your hat.  Green Bay figured out a way to do it.  The San Antonio Spurs basketball team found a way (doesn't hurt that it's the ONLY major league sports franchise in that sprawling city, but only the 35th largest media market); Cleveland's doing it now with the Cavaliers basketball team (albeit with some high quality but aging players).  Kind of like Leicester's Miracle. 

Good and intelligent summary, it's similar to the way I see it.
Nice one FF

+1
Also, adding an article I saw yesterday - worth a read:
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shahid-khans-talk-perseverance-give-14050855

Twig

Barrett487

Quote from: Twig on December 19, 2017, 11:22:54 AM
What are the play offs?

Once the regular season is over, there's a knockout competition to decide who goes to the Superbowl. There may be a point before the season ends when a team can have attained a won/lost record that can't be overtaken by enough teams for them to miss the play-offs. This is what the Jags have done. Here's what i posted in answer to a question on a previous thread.

The NFL is split into 2 conferences, National and American. The champion of each conference compete in the Superbowl.

The teams that qualify for the playoffs are the four division winners, plus the two teams with the next best record (wild cards) in each conference. Wild card teams are decided by various tiebreakers if more than one team has the same record (head to head, etc). The two division winners with the best record get a bye week, whilst the other division winners play the 'wild card' teams. After that they play off until there is a conference champion. Teams from the same conference cannot meet in the Superbowl, so the Jags couldn't play the Patriots in the Superbowl, for example, but might meet in the conference championship.