watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How would you view the owners

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 19, 2017, 01:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

If, they failed to put things right in January?

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, or a hate campaign against the Khans, but, considering the poor attempt this summer to recruit, or as I see it, the attempt to be clever, which seriously backfired, I'm viewing January as pretty damn important.

Jokanovic has already said, he's identified 4 targets, and wants business done early, but, does that mean the Club will?

We all know that January is a difficult time to buy players, however, knowing we've needed players for some time now, I'd expect the Club, coaches, owners to be already working on this?

If we're to save this season in any shape or form, we need players in early, and of the right calibre, that can hit the ground running, and make a sudden impact.

If, once again, we've players joining at the tail end of January, of an unknown calibre, I think the owners could be in for a rough ride.

Kent Cassandra

I don't think having a rough ride in this tiddly bit of his empire is going to particularly bother him.
It hasn't got through to him yet that one can't get into the premiership without speculative investment.
He has to take a chance with his money which is an anathema to a lot of business men.
We are not in a position to buy for the long term like Man city and Chelsea and if Joka knows what he
wants for the short term then Khan has to give it to him. Its either that or a new manager.
Fulham has always been a club that wants to play good football and that is one of the reasons I have
supported them all these years.  The next month or so is going to be interesting...
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Lighthouse

I am not too excited about the transfer window. We generally all agreed on what was needed to improve a very good squad. But the right players were not brought in and frankly I think the wrong type of player was brought in. Now this January means very little unless we consider this a chance for our Coach to have more of a say in what happens in the transfer window if he didn't before.

Last season was a success for those bringing in players but we still had a few notable failures. This season we have had many notable failures. We can only hope January will be better but it is all a little late this season to expect too much.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

Three things for me. 

*First, I am hopeful that since Tony Khan has been put in charge that he will want to see Fulham to get promoted.  After all that would be quite the accomplishment to put on one's CV. 

*Second, who better to convince Sr Khan to loosen the purse strings for the January Window then Tony Khan? 

*Third, the January window will be the first window to see how the club handles incoming players without Kline and the two box system. 

January could prove very to be very interesting.      xma1
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?