more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess to Man U?

Started by Robbie, December 22, 2017, 03:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: davew on December 22, 2017, 10:14:10 PM
Brede I will agree to almost all of what you have said and I would drink to that except as you know I am having to ration my Christmas stock especially as another disappointing Saturday is rapidly approaching (2moro)!! Regarding Sess, I don't think he will be as happy now as he was before signing a contract having repeatedly been asked to play out of position and in a team and coach that seems to have really lost ambition. I don't think his value has been enhanced at all this season, even accepting that he is so young, how can people make comparisons between Sess and Bale, I just don't get it!! This year we are not comfortable playing Championship football in fact we are miles away from being considered a play off contender so any consideration of what we might do with our current squad or the loss of a few key players if we should get into the Premier League is as far away as me winning the lottery or not having a g & t in the next week. Your comment is written with passion (as are a lot of mine), but we must not lose sight of the shambles of what is going on at FFC this season!!

The only thing I'll add to that is the hatrick he scored, which underlines his potential when played in the right position.
That makes him worth lots of dosh.
Was Bale that special when he was sold to Madrid, I certainly don't remember a similar pre-sale hype
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

toshes mate

I agree with Best of Brede.

I just hope there are some in football who don't think and act like mercenaries all the time.  Sure money talks loud but it's nice to know there are talented footballers around who don't march to its tune just because it's the done thing.  According to one report it'll take at least £30m to tempt Fulham into considering an offer and frankly I believe even that would be cheap.  The young man is seventeen and he has scored a hat trick from midfield in a none too promising (read it on this very thread) Championship side. I'd say compared to some payments FFC have made or received this year for "talent" the young man is priceless

hovewhite

Dont see the need to sell him,paper filler!

davew

Quote from: filham on December 22, 2017, 07:05:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 22, 2017, 05:18:50 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on December 22, 2017, 04:46:02 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on December 22, 2017, 03:59:57 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on December 22, 2017, 03:46:26 PM
Beat me to it. Expect offers from PL clubs but I didn't expect them to be that high.

Why not, Chris wood went for £15m and we paid £9 for Fonte

I wish it was £9

I think he may have meant that's what he is worth.
OK . £9 that is the transfer fee sorted but I doubt we can agree such a high weekly wage.
Does that include VAT??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JoelH5

Not even close to being enough. One of the hottest prospects in the country. That would be an absolute steal for United. We've reached a new level of idiocy if we take anything bellow 35m. It should be 50m, take it or leave it
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 23, 2017, 12:53:59 AM
Brede I will agree to almost all of what you have said and I would drink to that except as you know I am having to ration my Christmas stock especially as another disappointing Saturday is rapidly approaching (2moro)!! Regarding Sess, I don't think he will be as happy now as he was before signing a contract having repeatedly been asked to play out of position and in a team and coach that seems to have really lost ambition. I don't think his value has been enhanced at all this season, even accepting that he is so young, how can people make comparisons between Sess and Bale, I just don't get it!! This year we are not comfortable playing Championship football in fact we are miles away from being considered a play off contender so any consideration of what we might do with our current squad or the loss of a few key players if we should get into the Premier League is as far away as me winning the lottery or not having a g & t in the next week. Your comment is written with passion (as are a lot of mine), but we must not lose sight of the shambles of what is going on at FFC this season!!

The only thing I'll add to that is the hatrick he scored, which underlines his potential when played in the right position.
Was Bale that special when he was sold to Madrid, I certainly don't remember a similar pre-sale hype

Yes. Bale was arguably the stand out player that year in the PL.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 23, 2017, 09:15:01 AM
Not even close to being enough. One of the hottest prospects in the country. That would be an absolute steal for United. We've reached a new level of idiocy if we take anything bellow 35m. It should be 50m, take it or leave it

Agreed without a doubt, nothing less than 50 big ones, although we can afford to keep him, and we need to keep him, if we want to achieve Premier Division Status.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 23, 2017, 09:17:08 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 23, 2017, 12:53:59 AM

Yes. Bale was arguably the stand out player that year in the PL.

He was scoring solo screamers almost every single week.