watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New stand

Started by DevonFFC, December 13, 2017, 10:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

Mind the Gap.I believe it's an semi open roof Terrace.I don't suppose the wind will be blowing down our necks in the stand.To be honest I love roof terraces in the summer and maybe they're thinking of weddings and other functions in the more milder months.i would have thought they would have put some thought into this surely.But worth asking what they plan to do there.

Woolly Mammoth

This issue seems to be getting the wind up everyone, therefore they had better rectify it before they rebuild the stand, rather than wait for all the complaints after, and then have to send in the workmen to finish the job properly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

G_Gribby

You almost get the feeling that the architect was sitting there with his CAD program and then he happened to mark the roof and turn it upside down.

It's certainly unique in its design, but I'm not sure it's optimal for us to sit there.

I can of course be wrong.

Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on December 22, 2017, 10:16:49 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 22, 2017, 07:34:27 PM
What a load of cobblers from our Club ! With a gap at the back of that stand let me tell you now it will be bloody freezing in that stand, as any Riversider will tell you where the stairs are now in each block is already a wind tunnel where the wind whips in off the Thames,
Would love to know what wind tests have been conducted and how they know what direction the wind will be blowing on Tuesday night in January 3 years from now ?
If they leave a gap at the back of that stand I guarantee that within the first year of opening the builders are back correcting their mistake.

I have never experienced this wind tunnel you mention, nor can I recall it ever feeling especially windy on the current terrace out the back of the stand, so I'm not sure what you mean by wind "whipping in off the Thames".

As to the testing, surely if wind is blowing in from the front or sides of stand then a gap or lack of gap at the back won't make any difference. It's wind blowing in from the back that will be coming through that gap, but I see no reason why (a) that would affect anyone beyond the back few rows, (b) why it couldn't be stopped by a partial-height glass screen, or (c) someone with a decent knowledge of this sort of thing couldn't test and model it and tell the club what to do.
[/quote

You either,
A, have never attended a Fulham game,
Or
B, Never sat in The Riverside Stand,
Because you are talking an absolute load of bol***** , ask any steward that has ever stood on those stairs and they will all tell you the same, it's bloody freezing , you can also guarantee that the designer of the new stand has never experienced a game in The Riverside Stand,
Stand by what I say, build it as it is and the builders will be back within the year !

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on December 23, 2017, 11:06:43 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 22, 2017, 10:16:49 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 22, 2017, 07:34:27 PM
What a load of cobblers from our Club ! With a gap at the back of that stand let me tell you now it will be bloody freezing in that stand, as any Riversider will tell you where the stairs are now in each block is already a wind tunnel where the wind whips in off the Thames,
Would love to know what wind tests have been conducted and how they know what direction the wind will be blowing on Tuesday night in January 3 years from now ?
If they leave a gap at the back of that stand I guarantee that within the first year of opening the builders are back correcting their mistake.

I have never experienced this wind tunnel you mention, nor can I recall it ever feeling especially windy on the current terrace out the back of the stand, so I'm not sure what you mean by wind "whipping in off the Thames".

As to the testing, surely if wind is blowing in from the front or sides of stand then a gap or lack of gap at the back won't make any difference. It's wind blowing in from the back that will be coming through that gap, but I see no reason why (a) that would affect anyone beyond the back few rows, (b) why it couldn't be stopped by a partial-height glass screen, or (c) someone with a decent knowledge of this sort of thing couldn't test and model it and tell the club what to do.
[/quote

You either,
A, have never attended a Fulham game,
Or
B, Never sat in The Riverside Stand,
Because you are talking an absolute load of bol***** , ask any steward that has ever stood on those stairs and they will all tell you the same, it's bloody freezing , you can also guarantee that the designer of the new stand has never experienced a game in The Riverside Stand,
Stand by what I say, build it as it is and the builders will be back within the year !

if you read my post and the answer from the club is they are going back to look at this again.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fernhurst

Think the new design is fabulous, the only only thing that bothers me is the push for more retail space precludes the installation of brilliant top of the range dressing rooms.
Sir Alex had a pop at us years ago for our outdated facilities. We will have to address the issue sometime in the future, what better time than now.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 23, 2017, 11:43:55 AM
Think the new design is fabulous, the only only thing that bothers me is the push for more retail space precludes the installation of brilliant top of the range dressing rooms.
Sir Alex had a pop at us years ago for our outdated facilities. We will have to address the issue sometime in the future, what better time than now.

Nah! Anything that annoys Sralex is okay by me.

Fernhurst

We certainly annoyed them with that 3-0 result at our place!

If we did develop the Putney end in the future they may be able to go in there and use the existing and traditional walk on to the hallowed turf.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cmg on December 23, 2017, 11:48:59 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on December 23, 2017, 11:43:55 AM

Nah! Anything that annoys Sralex is okay by me.

You can say that again. 👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.