watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Pulis: Middlesbrough appoint ex-West Brom boss as manager

Started by sunburywhite, December 26, 2017, 12:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Jobs for the boys,it just keeps going round and round.
When are some of these clubs going to take a chance on a young coach like the lads at Lincoln and Luton.

grandad

This is his 10th managerial job & his record is pretty poor at all of them except the one time he took Stoke to the Prem. The fans of most of his clubs did not like his negative brand of playing.He needs the money as he often gets involved in court room battles . IMO he is a bad egg & would never like to see him even considered for a job with us. The same goes for all the other journeyman managers doing the annual rounds.
Where there's a will there's a wife

aaronmcguigan

I think swinging around at the bottom of the premier league trying to be the 4th worst team is a million miles easier than getting out of the championship.  Don't see Pulis' strengths compared to Monk other than improving the sales of baseball caps.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2017, 01:08:54 PM
Jobs for the boys,it just keeps going round and round.
When are some of these clubs going to take a chance on a young coach like the lads at Lincoln and Luton.

a mid season sacking is completely the wrong time to throw a young inexperienced person into a job. Someone like Danny Cowley at Lincoln would be best given an opportunity at the start of a season to build their own team etc rather than fixing someone else's mess. Furthermore, he has a better chance at enhancing his own CV with a double promotion rather than being the guy to fix Garry Monks mistakes

Marcel_Gecov

grandad

The journeymen managers playing their usual musical chairs. Wouldn´t give any of them a sniff at coming to us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nero

Garry Monk was sacked by Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson because of concerns about the club's style of play, according to Sky sources.

Monk had just returned home from Saturday's 2-1 win at Sheffield Wednesday when he received a call from Gibson to tell him he had lost his job.

The former Swansea boss felt the nature of the comeback win proved the players were adapting to his style of management, having inherited a fractured dressing room following relegation from the Premier League last season.

God it is all really doom and gloom in the North East can be having attractive footy we want hoof ball