NFR: Moussa Dembele

Started by ffcwickford, December 30, 2017, 01:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2017, 11:27:08 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on December 30, 2017, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2017, 11:17:36 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 30, 2017, 11:09:37 PM
Dembele agent asked for 60k in order for a new contract to be agreed (knowing the windfall no doubt we'd make off selling him off the back of this contract). Rigg rejected this and wouldn't go above 25k. Obviously Dembele leaves and Rigg is subsequently relieved of duty.

Or so the story goes...
and by paying 60k we would have had to up almost every other senior player.  It's easy to say pay it and sell but it's not that easy in reality.  We are and we're all stepping stones for Dembele till he reaches the real big time and of that I have no doubt.

Hence why I'm not supporting his career moving forward..
but as I said and you misunderstood, is that it works both ways. Clubs let go players all the time and then when one player plays that game he gets grief.You don't like him because he cost us money. How about Sambou? We offered him a contract and he walked away with an agent saying he can get better. Do you wish him ill as well or because he was not going to make us money you don't care?

If I don't agree with you it doesn't mean I misunderstood you. While we're trying to be condescending, I'm sorry if I have offended you with my opinion of Dembele :)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

MJG

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 30, 2017, 11:31:36 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2017, 11:27:08 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on December 30, 2017, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2017, 11:17:36 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 30, 2017, 11:09:37 PM
Dembele agent asked for 60k in order for a new contract to be agreed (knowing the windfall no doubt we'd make off selling him off the back of this contract). Rigg rejected this and wouldn't go above 25k. Obviously Dembele leaves and Rigg is subsequently relieved of duty.

Or so the story goes...
and by paying 60k we would have had to up almost every other senior player.  It's easy to say pay it and sell but it's not that easy in reality.  We are and we're all stepping stones for Dembele till he reaches the real big time and of that I have no doubt.

Hence why I'm not supporting his career moving forward..
but as I said and you misunderstood, is that it works both ways. Clubs let go players all the time and then when one player plays that game he gets grief.You don't like him because he cost us money. How about Sambou? We offered him a contract and he walked away with an agent saying he can get better. Do you wish him ill as well or because he was not going to make us money you don't care?

If I don't agree with you it doesn't mean I misunderstood you. While we're trying to be condescending, I'm sorry if I have offended you with my opinion of Dembele :)
nor offended or condescending either by people's opinions, just trying to show this game works both ways.
Clubs throw players on the scrapheap every year by not giving them contracts and then one player doesn't sign one and he's the anti christ in some fans eyes. Only one player I know of signed a contract knowing he was leaving so we got money and that was VDS.
What does make me laugh is many of those who don't rate him also moan we didn't sell him for lots of money.
Just the views of a long term fan

Luka

Dembele's body language on the pitch before he left us said it all.
He didn't want to be at FFC and his ambitions lay elsewhere.
He moved to a Micky Mouse league but one that would give him Champions League appearances that has boosted his profile and increased his market value.
He has a smart agent that has looked after him wonderfully and FFC were used, discarded and disrespected by them both.
I hope Dembele rots in the reserves at some insignificant club real soon.

Asotosyios

Even though I would have liked him to stay, I can't fault Dembele for choosing to leave. He thought that was the best way to advance his career - if he was right or wrong, it's too early to tell.

We tend to forget that the players have to make business decisions in the same way that Fulham and the other clubs do. We want the players to show loyalty to the club but only when we regard the player as important or a useful asset that might bring us a good amount of money if we sell him. However, if the player is not important or good enough or he won't make us any money, we don't care if he rejects a new contract or if the club offers him one.

I wish Dembele well - obviously not when he plays against Fulham. It would have been interesting to see how the team would have performed, if he had stayed with us last year.

VicHalomsLovechild

Dembele has McCormack to thank for his progress. McCormack when not scoring was laying the ball off to Dembele to finish it. The invincibility of youth carried him through his first season at Celtic but not much since. I wish him well. It can't be easy to know when to move on or know if your advisors are looking after your best interests.

toshes mate

The question about Dembele is how good is he and he wasn't exactly looking for answers to that by moving to Celtic.  Will his next move provide a better answer?  I rather doubt it will if the advice he receives is similar to before.   He's too much of a mercenary for my liking and by that I mean ambition is one thing but money for nothing is closer to greed.

JHaynes Paperboy

The next Thierry Henry.
064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 079.gif

Wingnut

Quote from: Luka on December 30, 2017, 11:44:59 PM
Dembele's body language on the pitch before he left us said it all.

His body language yesterday when he was subbed was odd. He started applauding the crowd but he didn't get that much of a reaction from them. He seemed to be a little taken by that. I think Leigh Griffiths is a better player and finisher than him. Would have liked to have kept Dembele at the club but not under the conditions listed above, i.e. paying 60K.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.