watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crazy sending off

Started by Andy S, January 03, 2018, 09:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

The Referee got most things right last night and certainly kept control of the game and never shirked the important decisions including the sending off. But what was going through that ipspwich players head to commit a foul like that? They were 1-0 up and they needed 11 players on the pitch  to have a chance as we were dominating them big time. Talk about red mist. If I was McCarthy I would let him know that has cost them the match although I'm quite sure we would have won it anyway. But well done to Keith Stroud for a good bit of refereeing for a change

Milo

Ipswich fan boards 70% in agreement with decision I would say.

bobbo

Not because we won , but the ref was very good last night however the Lino on the riverside missed a couple of offsides in the second half and one for them in the first half and a foul under his nose.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Andy S

I've run the line in Sunday morning football and it is hard there I wouldn't even try in pro football as it is so much faster with narrow margins. Lino's don't always get it right but in important situations they seem to most of the time

BestOfBrede

Quote from: bobbo on January 03, 2018, 11:28:13 AM
Not because we won , but the ref was very good last night however the Lino on the riverside missed a couple of offsides in the second half and one for them in the first half and a foul under his nose.
Blimey, bet that hurt!

cmg

Can you imagine the uproar on here if one of ours had perpetrated such a crazy act?
I thought for a moment the ref was going to bottle what was an obvious decision, perhaps because AK had had a little bit of a go at one of theirs moments before.

For the second time in successive matches we benefit from a piece of CB insanity. Hull's Hector waited with expert timing for the only step that AK's diagonal run would take him inside the box before unloading him on Saturday.

General

My understanding is that Kamara shoulder barged an ipswich player off the ball and that annoyed Spence who thought, like Mick Mcarthy, that it should've been a Ipswich free kick, but he lost his head and went for AK and irrationally so and was subsequently was sent off.

I'd be fascinated to know how it built up to that show of frustration from Spence inside spence's own head...

bill taylors apprentice

IMO the ref made too many errors, saw things that didn't happen on several occasions and his positioning through out the game was poor.

colinwhite

The reaction of the ipswich bench to start with sparked the reaction from Spence which serves them right if you ask me.

Matt10

It was just so aggressive from Spence. Raised boot into Kamara. Kamara's shoulder to shoulder was fine to me. Here's the clip: https://streamable.com/x501f

Bill2

Was a shoulder to shoulder challenge, AK wanted it more and is bigger than Freddy Sears so he knocked him over, so the reaction was really silly especially as Sears wasn't hurt.

Holders

Seems to me that the Ipswich player is a yard to the right of the ball as AK runs on to it, AK doesn't seem to lean into him, he'd just given up the ground and when he tried to get back on the ball AK was there and they collided at speed. Or is that just my rosy specs?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

I thought the ref was the usual poor Championship standard. How many times did he let Garner commit thuggery until reluctantly booking him late on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

kevin

Stroud is a premier league ref and i actually thought he got most of the decisions right.....including Piazon's dive

filham

Ok it was a red card but ten minutes in a sin bin with a full review after the match using statements from officials and video evidence would have been more just.

Twig

Thought the ref did ok yesterday.  There were a couple of off sides missed but blame the linos for that not the ref.  The shoulder charge was probably a foul by today's standards but Spence was tearing in before he even knew whether the ref was intending to award a foul. He just lost it, a red mist moment.

SP

Quote from: Andy S on January 03, 2018, 11:38:50 AM
I've run the line in Sunday morning football and it is hard there I wouldn't even try in pro football as it is so much faster with narrow margins. Lino's don't always get it right but in important situations they seem to most of the time

Likewise, I used to struggle running the line for my daughters junior teams.  You effectively have to look at the player passing the ball forward & at the receiving player at the same time. No easy task.

res

Quote from: Holders on January 03, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
Seems to me that the Ipswich player is a yard to the right of the ball as AK runs on to it, AK doesn't seem to lean into him, he'd just given up the ground and when he tried to get back on the ball AK was there and they collided at speed. Or is that just my rosy specs?

No, not rosy specs...AK was simply going for the ball using his pace and strength, not even a shoulder charge. Exactly what I would expect and hope he would do.