https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-May not be of interest

Started by bog, January 04, 2018, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2018, 11:58:19 AM
Quote from: bog on January 04, 2018, 11:39:16 AM
With evening television becoming more drab and unwatchable by the day there is a film channel on freeview, 81. This shows mainly older films from the 60's and previous. One of my aged pastimes, which gets on my wife's nerves,  is looking out for actors in their formative years. There was a film on recently called 'Cosh Boy' made in 1953. A worrying tale of delinquency in the 1950's. The film was made by a Hammersmith film studio. A very young Johnny Briggs and Joan Collins were sighted. There was a scene in a youth club and, by a blackboard that had a football pitch marked out in chalk, there was a chap giving instructions. He was none other than ....Roy Bentley.    Did anyone else see this? 

092.gif

Funny I just mentioned in another thread about players changing positions how we successfully changed an ageing  Roy Bentley from an England centre forward to a very good centre half.

I have only recently discovered Channel 81, it refreshes the memories of some great old stars.
Tonight they are running a Peter Sellers film in which my wife's threadbear teddybear has a part as a prostitute's cuddly toy. We once had a neighbour who was a props man at Shepperton Studios.

Have you noticed how you can hear every word in those old films. no mumbling or heavy accents.

Morning filham. I saw your wife's threadbare teddy last night...as well as lot of other er em things....

Mince n Tatties

So many great British Actors you see before they hit the big time,I laugh when you notice how young some looked,and like CMG states Sam Kydd appearing here there and everywhere.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on January 05, 2018, 09:05:19 AM
With evening television becoming more drab and unwatchable by the day there is a film channel on freeview, 81. This shows mainly older films from the 60's and previous. One of my aged pastimes, which gets on my wife's nerves,  is looking out for actors in their formative years. There was a film on recently called 'Cosh Boy' made in 1953. A worrying tale of delinquency in the 1950's. The film was made by a Hammersmith film studio. A very young Johnny Briggs and Joan Collins were sighted. There was a scene in a youth club and, by a blackboard that had a football pitch marked out in chalk, there was a chap giving instructions. He was none other than ....Roy Bentley.    Did anyone else see this? 

092.gif

Funny I just mentioned in another thread about players changing positions how we successfully changed an ageing  Roy Bentley from an England centre forward to a very good centre half.

I have only recently discovered Channel 81, it refreshes the memories of some great old stars.
Tonight they are running a Peter Sellers film in which my wife's threadbear teddybear has a part as a prostitute's cuddly toy. We once had a neighbour who was a props man at Shepperton Studios.

Have you noticed how you can hear every word in those old films. no mumbling or heavy accents.

Morning filham. I saw your wife's threadbare teddy last night...as well as lot of other er em things....

The wife and I watched that last night 10pm,an hour of it,Sellars played how many parts?

bog

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 05, 2018, 09:12:23 AM
Quote from: bog on January 05, 2018, 09:05:19 AM

I think it was 6! Another really good actor who had a troubled personal life.   

092.gif

The wife and I watched that last night 10pm,an hour of it,Sellars played how many parts?

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 05, 2018, 09:08:22 AM
I still prefer Old Mother Riley.

I think Old Mother Riley refereed when we won 3-1 at Old Trafford....

092.gif