Main Menu

Do we miss Aluko?

Started by FFCpmd, January 05, 2018, 10:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2018, 01:58:39 PM
Quote from: Baszab on January 06, 2018, 01:33:50 PM
Whether SJ wanted Aluko sold is completely and utterly irrelevant

Just think of the owner's reaction when told he can schlepp in US$10m and replace him with a free loan (exc wages)

Like a dream bit of business........sod the team manager and/or supporters

This tells you more about the owner and his agenda and intentions, he couldn't give a dam about the club/manager or supporters. Action always speaks louder than words.
sorry to disagree but no matter who the owner is or was at any time I would have backed that sale at that price for Aluko. Great deal.
Just the views of a long term fan

VicHalomsLovechild

Just think of the owner's reaction when told he can schlepp in US$10m and replace him with a free loan (exc wages)

This tells you more about the owner and his agenda and intentions, he couldn't give a dam about the club/manager or supporters. Action always speaks louder than words.

I don't believe this. The worse we get the more difficult it will be to recruit players. The less chance to occasionally take a profit on a player to reinvest.
On balance we've brought more than sold. Some players have gone when their contracts were up either because they wanted to or the Club wanted to.

Tabby

I really doubt that Khan is running a profit on FFC. Suggestions that he is asset stripping are a bit silly.

We had a larger transfer outlay than income, Aluko and Malone didn't even pay for Fonte and Kamara.

MJG

Quote from: Tabby on January 06, 2018, 02:41:29 PM
I really doubt that Khan is running a profit on FFC. Suggestions that he is asset stripping are a bit silly.

We had a larger transfer outlay than income, Aluko and Malone didn't even pay for Fonte and Kamara.
you only have to look at debt into shares conversion to see how much the club is losing as an ongoing investment. Currently standing at 306m

Woolly Mammoth

We won't get promoted if we keep selling players, if all we are interested is profit above the interest of the teams efforts to get promoted, then join a building society.
To accumulate we need to speculate, therefore get promoted first and the millions will roll in. But by penny pinching and selling our better players because they are over 28 will get us nowhere only disappointment. Even Jok didn't want Aluko to go, only the beaurocrats.
The beaurocrats won't get us promoted, only the players, but they have to be quality players and a sprinkling of experience.
Promotion will dwarf any potential sell ons. I just thought the idea was to get promoted above all. It's what happens now not two years down the line.
Otherwise we will miss the boat, the team already lacks experience. It was only the other day that Jok said that we miss the experience of Scott Parker.
Getting promoted will gain us the millions, not making it difficult by restricting our options.
As I have said the money in the Premier will dwarf any profit by selling on.
The club has to show more ambition, otherwise we will end up losing our Manager and our better players.
What I will say is, I would like to see our Academy players get an opportunity before bringing in loans or free transfers from far away who will end up joining the queue in the dug out.
We have some great prospects, I would not want to see our youngsters chances reduced when some of them are clearly as good if not better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2018, 02:01:11 PM

sorry to disagree but no matter who the owner is or was at any time I would have backed that sale at that price for Aluko. Great deal.

Our results from the commencement of the season until recently have showed that we did miss both Malone and Aluko, who neither have idealy been replaced either, and it's already cost us. Money and profit before keeping our players will not get us promotion unfortunately.
We have won less than half our matches. Jok didn't want him to go either. So in the scramble by the beaurocrats for profits over ambition, we took a step back once again, and have put promotion this season in jeapody, that smacks of poor vision and foresight by the club, not very bright, ask Jok.

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 06, 2018, 03:25:25 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2018, 02:44:34 PM
Quote from: Tabby on January 06, 2018, 02:41:29 PM

you only have to look at debt into shares conversion to see how much the club is losing as an ongoing investment. Currently standing at 306m

what's that £306m figure, the total equity he's put in? obviously he's bought a football club for that so it's not all loss
I never said it was all debt. But its the total shares and considering he paid around 150 it shows his much that has changed. Yes its not debt as such as its to the owner, just as MAF debt reached 220m.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2018, 03:03:20 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2018, 02:01:11 PM

Our results from the commencement of the season until recently have showed that we did miss both Malone and Aluko, who neither have idealy been replaced either, and it's already cost us. Money and profit before keeping our players will not get us promotion unfortunately.
We have won less than half our matches. Jok didn't want him to go either. So in the scramble by the beaurocrats for profits over ambition, we took a step back once again, and have put promotion this season in jeapody, that smacks of poor vision and foresight by the club, not very bright, ask Jok.
and I have explained the timeline of his sale and Joka comments. What's your solution... Never sell a player?

Woolly Mammoth

Never sell a player or players that puts our own aspirations in jeopardy especially when they are not adequately replaced.
What's your solution, because you don't appear to have one, just making excuses for the clubs continuing poor judgements is no solution either.
You must be on their payroll to have such misplaced loyalty.

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2018, 04:55:26 PM
Never sell a player or players that puts our own aspirations in jeopardy especially when they are not adequately replaced.
What's your solution, because you don't appear to have one, just making excuses for the clubs continuing poor judgements is no solution either.
why because I disagree with you? Does everyone who thinks club did well in this deal have to be an employee?
I've given reasons why I think this was a good deal, it's your right to not agree and that's fine, but why you have to lower yourself to the level of acusing those who don't agree with you of being in the pay of the club destroys any credibility.
For me he was replaced by Ojo in that position, we have Ayite, Kebano, Piazon, and others. Like it or not... And it's not for you....you think the club should have no budget and just keep a massive squad and spend millions on it and wages. In the real world we are starting every season at - 10m. We have to generate money on top of investment to keep club going.
A club has to look at every deal and see if it's right. Some are and some are not.  We didn't sell Cairney when there was a chance to do so. Even Sess we could have cashed in if we want. Dembele we could have taken 5m for, but couldn't get a player back from spurs so took the hit and he walked for zilch.
Your good at hinting you think Khan as other motives, you get asked what the are and give no straight answer.
Sometimes in the mix of flat jokes you post you come out with some good sensible posts. On this occasion your accusation is way off.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2018, 05:46:23 PM
why because I disagree with you? Does everyone who thinks club did well in this deal have to be an employee?
I've given reasons why I think this was a good deal, it's your right to not agree and that's fine, but why you have to lower yourself to the level of acusing those who don't agree with you of being in the pay of the club destroys any credibility.
For me he was replaced by Ojo in that position, we have Ayite, Kebano, Piazon, and others. Like it or not... And it's not for you....you think the club should have no budget and just keep a massive squad and spend millions on it and wages. In the real world we are starting every season at - 10m. We have to generate money on top of investment to keep club going.
A club has to look at every deal and see if it's right. Some are and some are not.  We didn't sell Cairney when there was a chance to do so. Even Sess we could have cashed in if we want. Dembele we could have taken 5m for, but couldn't get a player back from spurs so took the hit and he walked for zilch.
Your good at hinting you think Khan as other motives, you get asked what the are and give no straight answer.
Sometimes in the mix of flat jokes you post you come out with some good sensible posts. On this occasion your accusation is way off.

Then we will have to agree to disagree. You wouldn't know a joke if you tripped over it. Your lack of charisma gives you away, and I am no more way off than you.
The difference is that i am not as easily pleased, or prepared to except mediocrity. There is a hidden agenda, that I have no doubt, and my lack of explanation is because it's hidden, quite self explanatory really, but it's there, as sure as eggs are eggs. But that's for me to know, and you to find out  and in due course one way or another.
In the meantime there are now more important issues for all supporters to worry about.
Now that our weaknesses have come back to haunt us which has contributed to yet another cup exit.
No punch up front, and defensive weaknesses. Nothing changes, nothing is resolved.
Same pattern, we cannot afford to limp along, like we have done for the large part of the season, due to last summers mess in the transfer window, but I have already stated this.
You can bury your head in the sand as long as you like, but the problems will never go away whilst your Leader has no ambition and little interest.
We are just a spare wheel in his empire.
If we get promotion then it will be because of massive efforts performed by the manager and players.
But I doubt it because I do not think we have enough players in our squad who are picked regularly to make a massive effort.
So there you have it, it does you no good to continually defend the indefensible unless you have your own hidden agenda.

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2018, 06:06:30 PM

Then we will have to agree to disagree. But I am no more way off than you.
The difference is that i am not as easily pleased, or prepared to except mediocrity. There is a hidden agenda, that I have no doubt, and my lack of explanation is because it's hidden, quite self explanatory really, but it's there, as sure as eggs are eggs. But that's for me to know, and you to find out  and in due course one way or another.
so you think I'm in pay of the club?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2018, 06:12:46 PM

You tell me, but now that you have asked me, I will try and answer,  because your posts signify that you are not thinking rationally, and your condescending replies to defend the way the beaurocrats operate this club tells me that you are unusually sensitive towards any criticism of the club, so if you are not on the payroll, then why are you so prickly, and ready to give an answer to any criticism of the club, or is it blind loyalty.
In the absence of that, maybe you are afraid of upsetting your paymasters, are your feet secured so far under the table that you don't want to upset the applecart.
Your far too one sided to be impartial.
Before you respond, just remember you asked me.
The difference is that I am not backward in coming forward with the truth, I have no agenda, hidden or not. I am just a bog standard supporter, with no ties or obligations to committees or organisations attached to the club, whether directly or indirectly, what's your excuse. 

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

You tell me, but now that you have asked me, I will try and answer,  because your posts signify that you are not thinking rationally, and your condescending replies to defend the way the beaurocrats operate this club tells me that you are unusually sensitive towards any criticism of the club, so if you are not on the payroll, then why are you so prickly, and ready to give an answer to any criticism of the club, or is it blind loyalty.
In the absence of that, maybe you are afraid of upsetting your paymasters, are your feet secured so far under the table that you don't want to upset the applecart.
The difference is that I am not backward in coming forward with the truth, I have no agenda, hidden or not. I am just a bog standard supporter, with no ties or obligations to committees or organisations attached to the club, whether directly or indirectly, what's your excuse.
see again you can't give a straight answer. Because I have a different view you think there has to be a motive behind it. There isn't one, apart from my rational view on the situation. Be it this or any discussion being had. Are you too one sided and baised in your views that it does not allow you say any good when it comes to the club?
I have no agenda apart from giving my own views. I post here as a fan and sometimes from an FST pov.
As for criticism of the club, I give it when needed and defend it if I think it's unfair. The list of issues i/we have with the club is long. Something I'm trying with others to fix. The club isn't perfect we all know that and no club is. That doesn't stop me. Being critical where needed.
You acuused me of being in pay of the club, your wrong. So an apology would be in order please.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2018, 06:55:41 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

see again you can't give a straight answer. Because I have a different view you think there has to be a motive behind it. There isn't one, apart from my rational view on the situation. Be it this or any discussion being had. Are you too one sided and baised in your views that it does not allow you say any good when it comes to the club?
I have no agenda apart from giving my own views. I post here as a fan and sometimes from an FST pov.
As for criticism of the club, I give it when needed and defend it if I think it's unfair. The list of issues i/we have with the club is long. Something I'm trying with others to fix. The club isn't perfect we all know that and no club is. That doesn't stop me. Being critical where needed.
You acuused me of being in pay of the club, your wrong. So an apology would be in order please.

Well if you are not receiving pay from the club or payed in kind some other way, like free beer for the rest of your days, then I apologise. But if I find out to the contary and I shall find out that you are receiving some kind of reward to protect them.
Or there is a conflict of interest, then I will withdraw my apologies forthwith, and request you apologies to me in triplicate.
If that is the case and you are innocent of all charges, then you must be more balanced in your views about the club, as currently and previously you seem to have been fresh out of impartiality. 
It's worth having a good look at yourself and saying to yourself...... Hold on a minute Mike, maybe I should relax more and chill out and not take anything personally to heart, and reverse that sense of humour by pass operation you had.
I am convinced you will feel so much better for it, with a smile on your face.
As for me, it's too late for me to change, I am past the point of no return.
Having said all that, I am only giving you the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proved otherwise. So it's not worth miking it, as I shall be monitoring the situation and carrying out a full research before having a further review.

Faith is my Sword.
Truth my Shield.
Knowledge my Armour.

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

To be clear where i stand on the original posts question. Do we miss Aluko ,yes say i ,I believe we do for the reasonds i have stated on this thread. Was it a good piece of businees by the club to sell him? Again yes I think it was. These are 2 seperate issues  linked by the overriding question of whether he (Aluko) or indeed malone were adequately replaced . Despite the best intentions of the club I would say no, and I am fairly sure that most of us would agree on this point.
Of course every player has his price ,the problem for me  arises if if that money is not reinvested on players that are better than the ones we sell . If not then we are not showing enough ambition if we want to get promotion , now Im starting to sound like Jovanovic.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: colinwhite on January 06, 2018, 07:24:40 PM
To be clear where i stand on the original posts question. Do we miss Aluko ,yes say i ,I believe we do for the reasonds i have stated on this thread. Was it a good piece of businees by the club to sell him? Again yes I think it was. These are 2 seperate issues  linked by the overriding question of whether he (Aluko) or indeed malone were adequately replaced . Despite the best intentions of the club I would say no, and I am fairly sure that most of us would agree on this point.
Of course every player has his price ,the problem for me  arises if if that money is not reinvested on players that are better than the ones we sell . If not then we are not showing enough ambition if we want to get promotion , now Im starting to sound like Jovanovic.

Nothing wrong with that.

Never forget your Roots.