News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favourite Match/result this season?? (excluding Wembley)

Started by Deeping_white, May 30, 2018, 01:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Okay so now the season is done and we're promoted, what is the standout match for you all this season, be it for the result, atmosphere, experience etc? Excluding the Playoff Final because I think that's arguably the greatest Fulham game of our lives so far.

For me it's a toss up between the second leg of the playoffs at home to Derby because the atmosphere was as good as I've ever experienced at the Cottage, or Boro away purely for the fact we pulled a fast one on Pulis and it sort of acted as a catalyst for the momentum of our epic 23 game unbeaten run (plus everyone likes a dubious last minute penalty to win a game).

JHS66

Millwall away was a bit special. Atmosphere was electric and we destroyed them in the 2nd half. It was one of those games that left you wondering if we'd ever lose again...

Sgt Fulham

Millwall away. Everyone mouthing off about how our unbeaten run was about to come to an end with Millwall on a great unbeaten run too. Having just experienced the gutting last minute Brentford equaliser and with our performance levels dropping a bit it was great to see us produce a quality display and sink Millwall in the manner we did. Just showed the gulf in class between a potential top 6 team and a potential automatic promotion team. At the time the result gave us real hope for autos.

Luka

2nd leg against Derby.
The result, the atmosphere, the noise, an evening  under the lights.... it was  just fantastic in every way.

HanseatUK

Although I only watched it on TV the second half of Millwall away seemed an unreal performance. I was jumping up and down in my living room after each goal.
I was less lucky with the away games I was able to attend in person this season: Bolton, Bristol and Birmingham. Away wins with Fulham remain something of an elusive experience for me but I am not planning to give up. :dft012:

Westlondonffc

So many to choose from but Saturday aside probably Derby second leg, Millwall away and Villa at home

Southcoastffc

Has to be 2nd leg against Derby, followed by the 2 nil home win v Wolves at the end of February which ended a (potentially) difficult month against several teams which at that time were at and around the top of the league.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ffc2004

SP

So many to chose from?  I think the Wolves & Villa home victories really set out our intentions & were brilliant performances.

Milo

Probably Derby at home as it meant so much.

Taking away the importance of a game then Millwall away.

FFC ESS

Baston White

It has to be second leg v Derby for me.
Knowing what was at stake, the way we took the game to them and the atmosphere.
Absolutely brilliant!!

EastEndWhite

Since I managed to get to all our games this season I am allowing myself a top three:

3rd place: Reading away - a 1-1 draw after playing with 10 men for 89 minutes was a fantastic achievement.  It showed just how well we could defend under pressure, just as we showed again last Saturday.

2nd place: Sheffield United away - a 5-4 away win and two hat-tricks. It doesn't get any crazier than that.

1st place: Milwall away - we were going to be intimidated, or so they said.  An electric atmosphere and a sublime performance from Fulham in the second half. And Kevin McDonald's goal.

Carborundum

Best atmosphere at the Cottage:  Derby play off

Best game of football:  Wolves (one of the best games I can recall)

Best domination:  Sheffield United (home)

Barmiest game:  Sheffield United (away)

Best salvage job: Preston (home)

Best laugh:  watching Neil Warnock respond to the offer of a handshake at Wolves, then bemoaning a lack of class

Been a good season

Fulhamfan666

QPR away, Millwall away, Wolves at Home and Derby at Home (Play-off 2nd leg)

HatterDon

away to Millwall -- the second half was sublime -- the best I'd ever seen a fulham side play.. It was clear who the finest side in the league was.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

love4ffc

Quote from: JHS66 on May 30, 2018, 01:49:48 PM
Millwall away was a bit special. Atmosphere was electric and we destroyed them in the 2nd half. It was one of those games that left you wondering if we'd ever lose again...
As many of said, this has to be it for me. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?