watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watch Fulham's U23s take on Aston Villa Live @ 7pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 08, 2018, 05:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Amazingly I was called away for the five minutes in which the three goals were scored!!

For the 85?minutes that I did see I would have had to say that we lacked a striker.

Sounds familiar?

cmg

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 08, 2018, 08:42:40 PM
This is too easy for Edun

I agree completely...and he has played well within himself after the first 20 minutes. He needs regular football at a higher standard than this.

Graham is also a class above this, beat his man at will without over exerting himself. Worked well with Soares, another who stayed within his comfort zone.

RaySmith

Yes, very enjoyable to watch.

We dominated Villa technically, but lacked a cutting edge, and they looked more likely to score than us with their direct play in the first half.

But in the second  half we completely dominated in every area, but didn't actually create many chances, but it was a comfortable win, with Edun, Formsteinsen (?) , Graham , Soares  playing very well- but it was a very good  team performance, they all played well.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: cmg on January 08, 2018, 09:02:55 PM

I agree completely...and he has played well within himself after the first 20 minutes. He needs regular football at a higher standard than this.

Graham is also a class above this, beat his man at will without over exerting himself. Worked well with Soares, another who stayed within his comfort zone.

Stick Edun at left back, solve everyone's problems

"""An assertive individual who is comfortable operating anywhere on the left, either as a full-back or wide midfielder. """ from the official site

cmg

Pity none of the actual strikers were available. Would have been interesting to see Humphry, Thompson or Adebayo (is he injured too?).

I've liked the look of Thorsteinsen all season.
Norman did what little he had to do with a degree of confidence and made a superb save.

SG

Quote from: cmg on January 08, 2018, 09:02:55 PM

This is a consistent story with Graham's performances in this team. What more does he need to do to get into the match day squad

Woolly Mammoth

Three goals in four minutes what a turn around.
I was impressed with Edun.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2018, 09:32:43 PM
That will seal our window then, we don't need anybody, at least that is the way the hierarchy will see it, forgot the match was on, damn!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

Agr
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 08, 2018, 09:32:43 PM
Agreed WM.  I thought we passed the ball very well 2nd half.
Could have scored more.  Villa's defence were quite poor.
Positives for the future :)
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ealex40

I think Edun is fantastic and we'd better hold on to him or he'll be off to one of the top clubs. 
049:gif

cmg

Quote from: ealex40 on January 09, 2018, 12:11:09 AM
I think Edun is fantastic and we'd better hold on to him or he'll be off to one of the top clubs. 

He's contracted to June 2020, which isn't too bad.
I would like to see him play some more football somewhere at a decent level, but he's a genuine first team contender and provides essential cover. I guess patience is the only answer.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Looking at the quality of our younger players you can see why Adeniran left for Everton.
Coming back from his injury he would have had stiff competition for his position

cmg

Quote from: cmg on January 08, 2018, 09:15:35 PM
Pity none of the actual strikers were available. Would have been interesting to see Humphry, Thompson or Adebayo (is he injured too?).

...and the answer is: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/january/09/new-deal-and-loan-for-elijah-adebayo

Good move for him.

sunburywhite

Aaron Davies looked very assured as well

A bit of the Bobby Moores about him
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me