watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

incredible

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, January 13, 2018, 05:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

grandad

We were magnificent at a place where we have not scored in the last 4 visits & not won there since 1980.
I refuse to accept any negative comments about us today. Rejoice & celebrate people.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Matt10

To be honest, I have to think that Pulis decision making in switching Adama Traore from RW to LW was a terrible error. Why he paired up Traore with our fastest player in Fredericks is beyond me. If he had stayed on Odoi's side, it would have been much more threatening.

That was a mark in poor in-game management and not using the momentum that Traore brought to the match towards the home side's advantage. He deserved to lose.

On the other side, Slav coached the match brilliantly. It was great to be able to hear how vocal he was to all our players. Early subs and mid-to-late subs. Ojo was the most ineffective and he used that to bring in Kalas and pop up Sess. That is a great switch in its own right because he's gotten 2 for the price of 1 as a result.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: andyk on January 13, 2018, 05:28:53 PM
The win was deserved. Ok, they had two great chances, but we held possession well in the second and got behind them several times. But the main reason we won was because we were trying to score, even in the last minute, away from home. We didn't fall back, try and cling on for a point. We went for it and in the last minute, instead of trying to repel wave of attacks, we were up in their box, with plenty of numbers, trying to win it, brilliant.

100% correct.  The manager and the players should be congratulated for this.
Nogood "that's how you win, it is" Boyo

gezkc

Neil D

Quote from: fulhamfever on January 13, 2018, 05:22:32 PM
I am not convinced it was a penalty having watched the replay back over and over I think Oliver Norwood takes a dive. I just cannot see the contact at all. However, I ain't complaining 1-0 and he is a Brighton player anyway if he did dive LOL. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxl_mWROy0o
Thanks for the link.  The next best thing was the expression on the face of the Master of the Anti-football.  Priceless.

Woolly Mammoth

They cannot take that win away from us. A tough match up there at anytime.
The pen was well timed, I could not have written a better script myself.
But at the end of the day, it was maximum points, 1 0 away, including a clean sheet, Three massive points which we desperately needed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: grandad on January 13, 2018, 05:33:48 PM
We were magnificent at a place where we have not scored in the last 4 visits & not won there since 1980.
I refuse to accept any negative comments about us today. Rejoice & celebrate people.

Well nothing negative from me, I salute both the players and the manager.  And confidence has to be building with the run we are on, great chance to keep it going next week against Burton.

grandad

Watched it many times. The Boro player stopped Norwood´s left standing foot from moving by contacting it. He may have been trying to get out of the way but his leg was still there.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SG on January 13, 2018, 05:12:15 PM
A last minute Fulham winner has to be the best feeling in the world - and I mean the best !!

Better than Sex ?

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2018, 06:03:20 PM
Quote from: SG on January 13, 2018, 05:12:15 PM
A last minute Fulham winner has to be the best feeling in the world - and I mean the best !!

Better than Sex ?
I imagine it's nearly as good as guessing the countdown conundrum before anybody else for many on here

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Joka's switch to Kebano made so much difference,
It signaled our intent to the rest of the team and our fantastic loud support, well done tavelling fans  xx.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Nero

Quote from: Matt10 on January 13, 2018, 05:34:10 PM
To be honest, I have to think that Pulis decision making in switching Adama Traore from RW to LW was a terrible error. Why he paired up Traore with our fastest player in Fredericks is beyond me. If he had stayed on Odoi's side, it would have been much more threatening.

That was a mark in poor in-game management and not using the momentum that Traore brought to the match towards the home side's advantage. He deserved to lose.

On the other side, Slav coached the match brilliantly. It was great to be able to hear how vocal he was to all our players. Early subs and mid-to-late subs. Ojo was the most ineffective and he used that to bring in Kalas and pop up Sess. That is a great switch in its own right because he's gotten 2 for the price of 1 as a result.

Because fred had picked up a yellow and Pullis was hoping for a second

filham

This morning I would have been pleased if we had come home with a point, can't believe we won. Ok we had the benefit of a couple of tight calls on penalties going our way but we were always in the match. We have won a six pointer in the North East against a good team who we rarely beat.

I am as pleased as punch .

Matt10

Quote from: Nero on January 13, 2018, 06:31:50 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 13, 2018, 05:34:10 PM

Because fred had picked up a yellow and Pullis was hoping for a second

Odoi also had a yellow. Fredericks yellow came after the switch. Imagine if Traore faced up against a slower Odoi, and a yellow-carded Odoi at that. Pulis didn't do his homework.

SP

Must admit to a heart in mouth moment when they said on SKY that there was a late penalty at the Riverside.  But, strangely, I was completely confident we'd score it when they said it was to FFC.

Onwards & upwards.

hovewhite

Ab fab, super result,I do some jobs for a boro fan and before the game this week giving it large,looking forward to a beer on him or 5.
Well done team and Slav for playing and defending as 1.
Coyw

mrmicawbers

Fantastic result especially against Pulis and his silly cap.Love it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on January 13, 2018, 08:44:53 PM
Must admit to a heart in mouth moment when they said on SKY that there was a late penalty at the Riverside.  But, strangely, I was completely confident we'd score it when they said it was to FFC.

Onwards & upwards.

Same here, funny that, my heart missed a beat. But like you I was a lot more relaxed about Olly taking the spot kick.

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

I didn't know the result till after midnight, but am blown away by it. Stuck on a plane and couldn't get wi-Fi on arrival nor would roaming pick up, but soooo worth the wait. My 30 hour journey has already become a distant memory.
1975 just leaving home full of hope