News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How would we feel if Hodgson was replaced by O'neill?

Started by Whiteroom, September 20, 2010, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

Part of me would feel vindicated in not wanting Roy to leave and thinking that he was better off with us, but I would also feel sorry for him. He is essentially a nice guy who made what is looking like a very bad decision. Where could he go? He would never be wanted by another big club again.

cebu

Managers come and go. Most leave their jobs via getting the sack. They all know this and it's part and parcel of the job.

I wouldn't feel sorry for Roy. But at the same time I don't regard O'Neill as being an improvement.

WhiteJC

I'd feel sorry for him but would also mention that most Fulham fans "told you so" it was still a move I don't understand

SmithyFFC

Im a Fulham Fan. Hodgsons (currentley) Liverpool manager.

Honestly I couldn't care less.
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on September 20, 2010, 05:14:13 PM

Yes but he is a part of our wonderful history - and not any old part - potentially our greatest manager of all time.

I feel bad for him since it would be obvious he was getting the sack because of a change of owners rather than his own failings. I also think O'neill would not do a much better job.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 20, 2010, 05:16:26 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on September 20, 2010, 05:14:13 PM

Yes but he is a part of our wonderful history - and not any old part - potentially our greatest manager of all time.

I feel bad for him since it would be obvious he was getting the sack because of a change of owners rather than his own failings. I also think O'neill would not do a much better job.

Don't get me wrong. I'll be greatfull for all of those incredible nights in Europe, our highest finish ever and the great escape. For know though, hes manager of another team. How well he does there doesn't effect us so Im not really bothered.
FTID

JBH

Roy H left us for a bigger challenge, so if he fails and gets the sack then so be it, he was great when he was at FFC but he lft us for another.

What ever happens he won't be short of a few bob.

But I bet MAF would be laugfhing his socks off  :005: :005: :005: :005:

FFCSteve

I'd laugh my socks off!
He made his bed & must lay in it!
I always thought he would only be there for a short time, but months rather than weeks.
Does he really look like a manager that can take a big club forward?
Don't get me wrong, he was a fantastic manager for us! But that's the whole point, he did very well with our medium sized club on a budget, & looked very good for it. He is coming to the end of his career, if he was that good would he not have managed a top premiership team before now?
Fulham put him on the radar & clubs/people bit the worm. I think now he has bitten off more than he can chew!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

LBNo11

...if O'Neill became 'pool manager I would say it serves them right...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

It would be a shame because I genuinely hoped that Woy would get a shot at the Champins league and winning the PL.

Him moving to Liverpool made a lot more sense than the other one time legend that moved to a bigger club.

I don't think Woy would struggle to find work again as he is rightfully respected all over Europe.

I've no regrets about him leaving us anymore because Sparky has so far proved to be a capable successor.

Realistically he had taken us as far as possible and by handing over the Fulham baton to a younger, fresher manager we now have a greater chance of making progress.

Good luck Roy, onwards and upwards you Whites.

Logicalman

Personally I have a soft spot for Roy solely because of what he did for my club, but as far as what happens to him at the Poo, couldn't care less.

Maybe I would have thought differently if he hadn't gone back on his word about raiding his old club when he came back for Konch (notwithstanding whether Konch was actually worth coming after that this), but following that I felt he had diminished his own honour and I felt a little more betrayed.

Perhaps he should end up at another struggling Prem or Fizzy league side and make good there - he undoubtedly has that ability - but the Poo were, and still are, a lost cause for his talents.

finnster01

Couldn't care less what those red scousers do. Roy or no Roy. Martin or no Martin. Absolutely does not interest me whatsoever.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FFCSteve

Quote from: Jimpav on September 20, 2010, 05:36:08 PM

Realistically he had taken us as far as possible and by handing over the Fulham baton to a younger, fresher manager we now have a greater chance of making progress.

So if this is true, how the hell is he supposed to take a skint bigger club forward?
He is starting to take FFC players to liverpool. I see Pantsil is now a maybe target. Will he end up with all our team? He will be in the same situation with taking them forward all over again!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jimpav on September 20, 2010, 05:36:08 PM
It would be a shame because I genuinely hoped that Woy would get a shot at the Champins league and winning the PL.

Him moving to Liverpool made a lot more sense than the other one time legend that moved to a bigger club.

I don't think Woy would struggle to find work again as he is rightfully respected all over Europe.

I've no regrets about him leaving us anymore because Sparky has so far proved to be a capable successor.

Good luck Roy, onwards and upwards you Whites.

These are my sentiments nearly exactly. I still respect and miss the man and have no bad feelings about him. I would love to see him turn that team around and would feel awful if he was let go, up an until he gets another gig. That job was fraught with risk and he went anyway. He knew what he was getting into.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

this is what he wanted,so it's up to him
when he gets binned I will smile a rueful smile because,in the end he brought it on himself :doh:

HatterDon

Yes, he was our manager. Yes he was probably our best. Yes, I was among the "In Woy we Twust" crowd. BUT

I'm not all that concerned about managers of other clubs, unless they're folks that I really despise. Now that we're without Megson in the Prem, I don't really care about that.

I don't really obsess all that much if a former Fulham player is starting or not at his new club or how he's doing -- regardless of whether we released him or he left for more money. Okay, there's an exception to that: I am seriously obsessed with Moritz Volz getting his career back in gear.  :004: BUT THAT'S IT!

So, I wouldn't feel one way or the other if Roy was fired and replaced by 31. If he were replaced by Megson, however,  :035:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

I could care less. We have moved on and so should everyone else. I like our attacking style much more than Roy's boring play for a draw style.
Fulham for life!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Tom on September 20, 2010, 06:50:48 PM
I could care less. We have moved on and so should everyone else. I like our attacking style much more than Roy's boring play for a draw style.

Well said   :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
FTID