News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How would we feel if Hodgson was replaced by O'neill?

Started by Whiteroom, September 20, 2010, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sacffc

They hired him because they though he could help their team.  If they get rid of him this quickly, it's just further evidence of how screwed up things are there.
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

Whiteroom

Welcome sacffc! You are absolutely right too. Liverpools progress over the next couple of seasons will be interesting. I wonder whether Torres will stay.

YankeeJim

I would feel for the guy. He did Fulham proud and left us with a pretty fair squad. I don't think Sparky or old red nose could have pulled off the great escape as Roy did. I wish him only the best....until the Scousers come to town anyway.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

I am not bothered one way or the other.  I thank Roy for his service at Fulham but he took the position with Liverpool with his eyes wide open and I can't feel overly sorry for him if he gets binned.  I am actually far more intrigued by Everton's slow start and Moyes situation.  I would like to see him get the ship headed in the right direction post haste.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

richie17

Quote from: Tom on September 20, 2010, 06:50:48 PM
I could care less. We have moved on and so should everyone else. I like our attacking style much more than Roy's boring play for a draw style.

Could care less?   

Couldn't?

I'd be upset for him.   Maybe I'm just soft, but he was so important to us and as everyone said, seemed to "get" Fulham.   So I hope he does well in the future and turns Liverpool around.

Tom

Quote from: richie17 on September 21, 2010, 08:10:24 AM
I could care less. We have moved on and so should everyone else. I like our attacking style much more than Roy's boring play for a draw style.

Could care less?   

Couldn't?

I'd be upset for him.   Maybe I'm just soft, but he was so important to us and as everyone said, seemed to "get" Fulham.   So I hope he does well in the future and turns Liverpool around.
I said it correctly, thanks Richie.
Fulham for life!

BestOfBrede

Why the concern for other managers/teams and getting them 'turned round?'

The more managers/teams that are having a bad day at the ofice the more chance of the Whites getting further up that league and going further in the cups !!

If the scouse, Everton & Liverppol are doing badly then frankly - GOOD !!!

Tom

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 21, 2010, 08:17:59 AM
Why the concern for other managers/teams and getting them 'turned round?'

The more managers/teams that are having a bad day at the ofice the more chance of the Whites getting further up that league and going further in the cups !!

If the scouse, Everton & Liverppol are doing badly then frankly - GOOD !!!

Completely agree!
Fulham for life!

TonyGilroy

Could care less?   

Couldn't?

But was the "getting" of Fulham genuine or a charade?

I don't mind admitting that the manner of his leaving and the different Hodgson we're seeing at Liverpool has left me utterly unsympathetic and hoping to revel in schadenfreude.

AlFayedsChequebook

Why should I have to ignore Hodgson though?

Jimpav

Quote from: FFCSteve on September 20, 2010, 05:42:16 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on September 20, 2010, 05:36:08 PM

Realistically he had taken us as far as possible and by handing over the Fulham baton to a younger, fresher manager we now have a greater chance of making progress.

So if this is true, how the hell is he supposed to take a skint bigger club forward?
He is starting to take FFC players to liverpool. I see Pantsil is now a maybe target. Will he end up with all our team? He will be in the same situation with taking them forward all over again!

Roys a man manager and brings out the best in players. He transformed Sanchez's signings in a matter of weeks and then went onto revive the careers of Zamora, Duff, Pantsil etc. I donlt think they will make top 4 but they will certainly improve on last season.

CorkedHat

The man has gone for crying out loud. Thank you for all he's done as a paid servant of our club,  but like a thousand other ships that have passed in the night, he has gone. We are Fulham – why should we give a rat's bum what happens to Roy Hodgson, Liverpool or Cilla Black? Let us concentrate on the team that we have. If not I should be supporting Huddersfield when my favourite player Len Quested left us to join them in 1951.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

ron

If it all came to nowt for Roy at Liverpool, then he would still be a man two years away from the regular retirement age with a pension pot larger than most of us could dream about. He would also have the contentment of knowing that he gave his best shot to a potentially great-again club like Liverpool.

If he were to retire, I would wish him a very long and happy retirement away from the ups and downs of football management. I would also hold him forever in the highest esteem for rescuing FFC from the brink, and then delivering us memories that we will tell our grandchildren about. Dreams don't come true very often.   :clap_hands:

CorkedHat

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Whiteroom

I am with Roy on this one. I think he is exactly right.

Whiteroom

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on September 21, 2010, 08:15:05 AM

Could care less?   

Couldn't?

I said it correctly, thanks Richie.

Actually, you said it wrong. You have that in common with about 95% of our fellow countrymen. When I was very young it was "I couldn't care less." Somewhere over time, it changed to "I could care less."

The former means that you care so little it's impossible for you to care less.
The latter means that you care considerably, but that there's a possibility of your caring less."
So if you mean that whatever happens to Hodgson means next-to-nothing to you, then you COULDN'T care less.

Now be a nice lad and apologize to Rich.  :005:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel