watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Proposed New Riverside Stand.

Started by pj180e, February 01, 2018, 03:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pj180e

I have looked at the plans for the new stand and I cannot work out from them if there will be any  bar/food facilities located inside the stand where supporters can enter prior to the games (without having to upgrade to an expensive meal etc) rather than having to stand outside with your drink/pie as you do at present?

It would also be interesting to know if there is going to be such an area, would season ticket holders of the Hammersmith end be able to gain access, as it would appear that the present outside bar located under the Riverside stand at the Hammersmith end will no longer exist under the new plans.

Does anyone have any information in this matter?

west kowloon white

The way the PC Nannies are now running the country/world alcohol will be banned by the time its built.

flyingfish

Quote from: west kowloon white on February 01, 2018, 04:33:09 PM
The way the PC Nannies are now running the country/world alcohol will be banned by the time its built.

bit random.

but having a go at both 'pc gone mad' and the khans in one massive non-sequitur is quite an achievement!

VicHalomsLovechild

I think using the term "non-sequitur" on a football discussion board is even more of an achievement. I had to look it up.

west kowloon white

No dig at Khan or sequituring intended.

mrmicawbers

I did ask this Question and the answer was on Matchdays only the people with tickets to that particular stand would be able to eat and drink in it.It will according to them be open to all and sundry Fulham fans wise shortly after the final Whistle.I assume once the ground has been cleared and people not wishing to stay have left the vacinity.

VicHalomsLovechild

I have to say wKw I didn't think there was any squituring actually. I was just dazzled by flyingfishes command of the English language!

Riversider

I've been asking this for years, even non league clubs have a supporters club bar, where the rank and file can sit down with a pie and a pint before the game and watch Sky Sports etc, I mean , even QPR have a supporters bar under the Loft,
Surely the new Riverside Stand will be big enough to finally provide what this club has lacked for years,
I hope so at any rate, or will it be more gin bars or even a sushi bar, we haven't got one of them yet.

SuffolkWhite

Shushi and Gin! Come now Tarquin that would be splendid.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

mrmicawbers

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 01, 2018, 05:09:01 PM
I did ask this Question and the answer was on Matchdays only the people with tickets to that particular stand would be able to eat and drink in it.It will according to them be open to all and sundry Fulham fans wise shortly after the final Whistle.I assume once the ground has been cleared and people not wishing to stay have left the vacinity.
I should have added that after the game,food and drink would be available. I think not allowing fans in before the match is purely a logistical problem.

flyingfish

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 01, 2018, 04:59:59 PM
I think using the term "non-sequitur" on a football discussion board is even more of an achievement. I had to look it up.

Well, this is a Fulham message board.

Wolf

I'm concerned about this imminent world ban on alcohol, that'll pull the rug from under the Gin Bar
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Woolly Mammoth

I think Dave is stockpiling it at a rapid pace as we speak.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Sorry, off topic but you live in HKK right?

Back on topic, I think the new design looks great. I agree though a propper place to eat with good food would be a huge plus. I'm going to get slated for this but.. I got free corporate seats at Stamford Bridge last year and the food was top class. Much better than CC. I hope the new Riverside development can improve our offering.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

mrmicawbers

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 01, 2018, 10:30:51 PM

Sorry, off topic but you live in HKK right?

Back on topic, I think the new design looks great. I agree though a propper place to eat with good food would be a huge plus. I'm going to get slated for this but.. I got free corporate seats at Stamford Bridge last year and the food was top class. Much better than CC. I hope the new Riverside development can improve our offering.
Myself and a few of the Lads out of H block Johnny Haynes hired a Super box at the Barnsley game.Got to say we were extremely well looked after all day and the food was fantastic nothing like what gets served up in the stands and they werelooking after 24 of us.We will probably do it again before the end of the season and I would highly recommend.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on February 01, 2018, 05:55:36 PM
I've been asking this for years, even non league clubs have a supporters club bar, where the rank and file can sit down with a pie and a pint before the game and watch Sky Sports etc, I mean , even QPR have a supporters bar under the Loft,
Surely the new Riverside Stand will be big enough to finally provide what this club has lacked for years,
I hope so at any rate, or will it be more gin bars or even a sushi bar, we haven't got one of them yet.
The FST will be pushing for a 'fans' bar within the development. because of the way the whole ground is positioned and accessed the it will be difficult for those in the JH stand to access a bar prior to the game. It would be within the ground entry gates and with no transfer access from JH to Hammersmith end allowed it would be difficult. But we would work with club to sort a solution out.

While the basic design is there the actual use of the retail spaces are still open for discussion.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Quote from: west kowloon white on February 01, 2018, 05:02:54 PM
I didn't read/see a sequitur, a dig or the randomness as implied by flying fish either, although I do recall that alcohol is slowly being made too expensive for many a responsible drinker to contemplate in ways they may have once seen fit.  I also read (or see) following the OP and your comment a rather insensitive, undesirable and, perhaps, unintended consequence of the plans as they stand in making the Riverside way too exclusive to itself and not inclusive to the many.  Perhaps that is a consequence of insufficient thought and attention being paid to the fact we are talking about a football ground and its match day facilities for all its fans.  That may be something to do with a complete super stadium plan achieving comprehensiveness of purpose which the follow up plan of a multi use super stand just cannot equal. 

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on February 02, 2018, 12:38:13 PM
Quote from: west kowloon white on February 01, 2018, 05:02:54 PM
I didn't read/see a sequitur, a dig or the randomness as implied by flying fish either, although I do recall that alcohol is slowly being made too expensive for many a responsible drinker to contemplate in ways they may have once seen fit.  I also read (or see) following the OP and your comment a rather insensitive, undesirable and, perhaps, unintended consequence of the plans as they stand in making the Riverside way too exclusive to itself and not inclusive to the many.  Perhaps that is a consequence of insufficient thought and attention being paid to the fact we are talking about a football ground and its match day facilities for all its fans.  That may be something to do with a complete super stadium plan achieving comprehensiveness of purpose which the follow up plan of a multi use super stand just cannot equal.
There is nothing in the plans to say the riverside will be cut off from the Hammersmith end. There is a double gate in the plans but the turnstiles are on the Hammersmith side of that. How they steward entry into the 'riverside' area is still to be decided, as is much of how that area will work.
And with the FST involved in a working group on this subject will would not be looking to have it shut off to any major degree.
Also there is no permanent barrier in that area and that should be noted and not taken as the area to be exclusive to Riverside ticket holders.
Just the views of a long term fan

KJS

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 01, 2018, 06:09:04 PM

Already available at the cottage :dft003:

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: KJS on February 02, 2018, 01:22:59 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 01, 2018, 06:09:04 PM

Already available at the cottage :dft003:

Hahaha Can't fit it in after several pints of beer  :beer:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"