watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we manage to get promoted

Started by MrFFC, January 22, 2018, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

How many of our current team would you have starting the 1st game of a Premier League season? I know there is a very long way to go just interested as it was a conversation I was having with a couple of Fulham fans from my work. NP - New Player. For me

NP
                   Fredericks NP Ream NP
                             McDonald
                           Cairney NP
                  NP                         Sessegnon
                                NP

I hope we keep this run of current form up it's going to be another exciting end to the season I really hope we get to find out who starts from the current squad in the premier league come August
Come on you Whites!! :)

RP24

You wouldn't include johansen? For me in the absence of cairney he has been one of our most important players. Especially with him recovering from an injury himself.

Otherwise I agree with you, although  gk, cb and striker have been long term needs even if we don't get promoted

General

I'm no sure about Ream as a premier player but the others and Johansen I think work. Keep the core nucleus together I say in that regard.

Woolly Mammoth

We have to have a backbone to build round, meat on the bone so to speak.
It's an interesting discussion, but for me the least of our worries. We need and must and have to get there first.
If we do, that will change the whole landscape for the club.
Then, and only then will we be in the best position to decide what's best for the future, and also to know how much bigger we need to build our Trophy Cabinet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: MrFFC on January 22, 2018, 06:18:21 AM
How many of our current team would you have starting the 1st game of a Premier League season? I know there is a very long way to go just interested as it was a conversation I was having with a couple of Fulham fans from my work. NP - New Player. For me

NP
                   Fredericks NP Ream NP
                             McDonald
                           Cairney NP
                  NP                         Sessegnon
                                NP

I hope we keep this run of current form up it's going to be another exciting end to the season I really hope we get to find out who starts from the current squad in the premier league come August
The question is best asked if and when we are promoted, in the remainder of the season players form may change to an extent that they become worthy of a premiership start.
Fully agree with the above team but think I would add Johansen.

Note if we fail to get promotion these same players would become targets for premiership clubs.

alfie

Unfortunately no one will know how any player will perform in any division until they actually do it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

We Are Premier League

Probably need 9 "new" players in the squad.

Looking at the new clubs in PL this year (all currently with 4 point of the bottom of the table), they all have about half of the team from last year.

I assume that Sees is gone even if we get promoted...

GK - 1 new needed

Fredrick, Odoi, Ream - 4 more needed (Kalas could be one of them)

Cairney, McD and Johansen - 2 more needed (Norwood could be one of them)

Kebano, Ayite, Fonte, Kamara - 2 more needed

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on January 22, 2018, 05:14:03 PM
Unfortunately no one will know how any player will perform in any division until they actually do it.

+1

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2018, 10:36:55 AM
It's an interesting discussion, but for me the least of our worries. We need and must and have to get there first.
Then, and only then will we be in the best position to decide what's best for the future, and also to know how much bigger we need to build our Trophy Cabinet.

Yes, let's get up there first, and then think about the squad.

We will then have  TV money, plus  the anticipated profits from  being in the Prem -from increased crowds,  merchandise , etc., though I would like the club to keep faith  with the nucleus of he team that got us there, and believe that  teamwork is the key to getting  and staying in the Prem, under the guidance of a top manager and coaching staff, which I think we have.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: RaySmith on January 23, 2018, 08:35:58 AM

We will then have  TV money, plus  the anticipated profits from  being in the Prem -from increased crowds,  merchandise , etc., though I would like the club to keep faith  with the nucleus of he team that got us there, and believe that  teamwork is the key to getting  and staying in the Prem, under the guidance of a top manager and coaching staff, which I think we have.
If we did that, don't you think that the [ management/recruitment team/whoever is responsible these days] would rightly be accused of not doing the job properly?  Planning ahead is crucial, and such planning should include plans A and B at least (and B is not a big lump up front!)  I would be astonished if at this stage Ali Mac et al have not even the sketchiest strategy for promotion - having put relegation aside for this year (plan C)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

Maybe there is a sketchy strategy, but more concrete planning would surely be jumping the gun, when we're not even in the top six, which we have to get into and stay there - surely this is the immediate goal.

Take each game as it comes. If players are brought in, then these will surely ones who can help us do well in the Championship. Think about the Prem when and if we get there - when we will be more able to attract such players.

choice_of_ends

Let's have the next game first. Difficult enough.
Furthermore, it's not long ago when we said, we'll be facing relegation zone.
Nothing has been won.

JoelH5

I really don't like posts like this. Maybe a bit silly but I think if a player were to check these forums every now and then, posts like this don't give them the biggest incentive to want promotion.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

toshes mate

Although I cannot disagree about strategy playing an important part everything about football is variable.  Players get injured, are poached or otherwise move on, and experience changes in form - up and down.  Audience (live, in whatever format) figures change.  Monetary values go up and down.  Employees get restless and move on.   The key is to keep stability in core values - what football we want to play and how we can manage that in a different league (once again up and down are involved).  Core values can be retained but everything else changes around them and we have to live with that within whatever budget there is.  There is no strategy for surefire success, just as there is no panic button to press and stop free fall. 

We need to concentrate on the next game and review each step we plan to take and what happens after taking it.  Hard work and self belief are essentials to success along with any luck that may come your way.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on January 23, 2018, 08:35:58 AM

I agree 100% 👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I don't think the team needs replacing. You just need to expand the squad. It is the only way to cover injuries in the prem, like for like. Two for every position. Look at Watford this season they currently have 9 players out through illness or injury. Players get rushed back too soon and problems can occur.

The Rock

9-10 players in the squad and perhaps 5-6 in the starting 11. Tim Ream would not be part of that group.