watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What did Steph say? Lucky so and so

Started by Dodger53, January 22, 2018, 03:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

Steph laid on both of Sess's goals. His shots being blocked and Sess in the right place to tuck home. His body language for both goals amused me ...... sort of Oh go on another miss for me and another lucky one for you. He clearly says something to himself barely joining in the celebrations. Its a funny old game  - do they still get goal bonuses if they do Steph is missing out.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I noticed that as well.

Hardly excited, but he did make some kind of gesture after the second Sess goal.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 22, 2018, 03:54:49 PM
I noticed that as well.

Hardly excited, but he did make some kind of gesture after the second Sess goal.

He didn't seem unhappy about it, just kind of like it's a running joke within the team - "would you look at who scored"
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Twig

Noticed that too and I have some sympathy for him.

Sgt Fulham

First goal he just looks a bit tired and second goal he laughs. Congratulates Sess on both, nothing really to see here.

toshes mate

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 22, 2018, 07:16:45 PM
First goal he just looks a bit tired and second goal he laughs. Congratulates Sess on both, nothing really to see here.
Yes, just a bit of banter between team mates who must marvel at RS's talent for being in the right place at the right time and being so clinical with it.

twang

If I remember rightly, in an interview last season Sess mentioned Stef along with Cairney and someone else as the main players that looked out for him and gave him advice and so on. So I doubt it was anything other than big-brotherly banter.

sunburywhite

I think he couldnt believe his luck, second shot on target, both were blocked and both rebounded to Sess

Hence his wry smile
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: maoconnor on January 22, 2018, 03:58:52 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 22, 2018, 03:54:49 PM
I noticed that as well.

He didn't seem unhappy about it, just kind of like it's a running joke within the team - "would you look at who scored"

Similar to Cairney comment about Sess being worth "about 180m" on soccer am a few weeks back.

mrmicawbers

I'm wondering do they count as assists from Johanson