watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was it tactical?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, January 21, 2018, 12:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Not seen Fulham shoot towards to Hammersmith end in the first half for a long time, was it tactical by Burton Albion? Which, obviously didn't pay off.

Woolly Mammoth

I reckon it was Burtons choice, as they may have felt, and understandbly so, that any form of disruption or change of habit, may contribute to Fulham being uncomfortable as possible. It's all about gaining an edge in a tight match.
However, it was never going to be a tight match, as Burton were to find out at their expense.
But it was worth a try.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WokinghamWhite

Yes, just Clough attempting some sort of mind-game. A bit like the Burton player who was reported mid-week as saying that he hoped that Cairney would have been sold to West Brom by Saturday!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

However they have done it, Burton have frustrated and worn down other teams this season, but it is all about scoring early against them.

If you don't score they just apply their disciplined (although you did not see it yesterday) defending, plus time wasting and any other tactics clever Nigel Clough may apply.

I have not studied their record closely, but amazingly as well as conceding goals and losing they have a surprisingly good record of clean sheets.

That said they were murdered yesterday.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I have looked it up now. They have 7 clean sheets this season.

Andy S

We were unplayable yesterday

bog

The last time I think was v Wigan last season. At the time I thought Dan Burn might have been behind that.

092.gif

mrmicawbers

Even when we went one up,they still kept 4 or 5 people back when they got a corner

The Swan

I think the last time we kicked the wrong way round in the first half was against Reading last season, I think we won 5-0
The Swan

rubbernecca

Completely tactical. Burton captain was doing a swirl with his fingers after winning the coin toss. He seemed pleased with himself at the time. . .

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: rubbernecca on January 21, 2018, 09:24:03 PM
Completely tactical. Burton captain was doing a swirl with his fingers after winning the coin toss. He seemed pleased with himself at the time. . .
At least he won something yesterday! 😁
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"