Norwoods passing

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 20, 2018, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Was excellent today. We didn't miss cairney while Ollie was playing

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 20, 2018, 06:59:31 PM

Our 3 goals in the second half came after Cairney came on. Just an observation.

Matt10

Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 20, 2018, 07:21:18 PM

Our first goal came after Norwood pass into PIazon. It was an incredible pass.

Let's not make this Norwood v TC. We know who the starter is, our captain, but give credit where it's due...Norwood was sublime today.

Marcel_Gecov

And three came before. I don't get your point?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 20, 2018, 08:33:38 PM

And three came before. I don't get your point?

We didn't miss Cairney while Ollie was playing.  We didn't miss Norwood while Tom was playing.  We're fortunate to have both in the team.  Slav made the change when he thought it would help us most.

New Kid on the Block

I've liked Norwood from day one, but I think he had his best game by far today. I felt that our game slowed a little after TC came on.

Until we know whether Tom's knee is properly fixed, I am more than happy knowing we have Ollie. I think we should sign him permanently, as a precaution against losing Tom long term.

toshes mate

SJ said he had to find a solution to the Cairney Injury Conundrum, and whilst one or two games doesn't prove much at least the team are still thriving without him.  I believe having Piazon back in ths side is having a big impact on our movement and on Fonte.  Norwood can pass and he does it better with people looking for the gaps in defences.  This is the wavelength football that we saw last season.  Now let us see if we can repeat the dosage in Yorkshire next Saturday.   

hovewhite

Ollie had his best game in a Fulham shirt yesterday,it helped piazon was there offering forward runs and switching inside in what was a freeish way to roam.

On the wing

The title of the thread makes it sound like he's no longer with us!

He was excellent yesterday, by far his best game.

HV71

Ollie is a good player with a fabulous attitude  - Just look at his celebration after the pen last week ! He may be on loan but he is very, very much part of this team . As others have said he looks to pass forwards whenever he can  and doesn't always take the easy ( safe ) option -  which is to be admired in my book.

bill taylors apprentice

He does have periods where he gives the ball away too often IMO when under little or no pressure but overall i accept that for the benefits when it comes off.

filham

Norewood has had a nice steady season and was perhaps the best of the summer incoming buys/loans. He deserves the offer of a contract.

Tabby

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 21, 2018, 10:24:41 AM
He does have periods where he gives the ball away too often IMO when under little or no pressure but overall i accept that for the benefits when it comes off.

First game I've seen in a while where he hasn't accidentally given the opposition a scoring opportunity with a loose pass.

I think that Brighton was willing to loan him out for a reason, he is a Championship level player. Good as cover and will do a shift, but still a level below any of our starting players in the same position.