watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

havent won away for 13 months now !

Started by tingtawng, September 19, 2010, 03:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

i hate to rain on your parade ,but isnt there cause for concern ?especially as MH has declared himself to be better than Woy and is paid more wedge to deliver outstanding results .
he said he would out do Woy so where is the proof ?
i see no remarkable turnaround as promised . :031:
IN SVEN VE TVUST

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: tingtawng on September 19, 2010, 03:35:59 PM
i hate to rain on your parade ,but isnt there cause for concern ?especially as MH has declared himself to be better than Woy and is paid more wedge to deliver outstanding results .
Yeah it's all doom and gloom , undeafeted and sitting 6th above Liverpool and Citeh and Spurs. Hughes out. Are you for real?  :039:

ImperialWhite

No need for concern - can't be bothered to dig up my previous Grauniad chalkboards, but I addressed this issue regarding away games. Away games this season, while all draws (away draws are not a bad result IMO), are nothing like our previous draws. For instance, I compared shots on goal for Bolton away this season vs last season and it was something like 15:3. 0-0 wasn't a fair reflection. Against Blackpool we scored twice! Against Blackburn, despite a slow start (and a goal that should have been disallowed) there were large spells where we dominated possession and did all but score.

I also refer you to the excellent article posted by WhiteNoise on here from the craven cottage newsround - doing a much better job than I have of match analysis:
http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/attacking-away-from-home-tactics/

Although I think we'll probably lose against Stoke on Tuesday (although the Stoke fans are very worried - given their league form, perhaps they won't take the fixture seriously?) I bet we grab a win against West Ham or West Brom away.

Chill Winston!!!
CHILL WINSTON

Steve_orino

WU?  Where's Syd when I need him???

Not biting but despite not winning Away for 13 months, we've had a nice run through a Euro-Tourney which saw us in the Final, we've finished comfortable in the League, we're sitting pretty at 6th having not been beat to start the new season....

I find myself enjoying being Fulham...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AlFayedsChequebook

Sorry, didn't we win away in Basle and Wolfsburg?

ImperialWhite

I think the statistic is referring to the league - our last league away win was against Pompey, first game of 09/10 (Dempsey shoots and it deflects off Bobby's arse and in).

Terry Tibbs

:54:

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 19, 2010, 03:40:37 PM
Yeah it's all doom and gloom , undeafeted and sitting 6th above Liverpool and Citeh and Spurs. Hughes out. Are you for real?  :039:

RidgeRider

Your topic header is true but misleading in the point of your comment.

The MH era is 5 weeks old, not 13 months, so you are being intellectually dishonest. Second is why not use the word "our" in front of "parade" rather than "your". Are YOU not a Fulham fan?

Terry Tibbs

When, exactly, did MH 'declare himself to be better that Woy'?  :doh:

I love the way we're playing, love the quiet dignity Hughsie has, love Dem-Pele, love the Koncheskey piece of business, love Salcido, love the way Stockdale has shown himself to be a gem, love the resiliant and never-give-up spirit in the team, and love Brede's haircut.

Good luck in your lonely quest for negatives, rightwing.  :012:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 19, 2010, 03:59:35 PM

Your topic header is true but misleading in the point of your comment.

The MH era is 5 weeks old, not 13 months, so you are being intellectually dishonest. Second is why not use the word "our" in front of "parade" rather than "your". Are YOU not a Fulham fan?
Well spotted Ridge with the our/ your thing, he certainly seems at his happiest when Fulham are losing, or as he cant pick on that this season, when were not winning away.

Lighthouse

It is also worth pointing out that we have managed very few points away for many many seasons. Hughes has at least looked as if we are trying to win. Something that we really haven't been close to too often.

Our lack of wins away is indeed a concern. But it is hardly raining on our parade to mention it now. At least we are now in a drizzle and the clouds are at last slowly clearing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

For crying out loud, we are one of what, 3 undefeated teams(?) in the Prem this season?

What more do you want? Blood?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ImperialWhite

Chels.ea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Fulham - the undefeated sides in the Prem. Outstanding start, given that we've had 3 away trips and a visit by Manchester United.

In the entire football league only 9 teams are undefeated; Chels.ea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Fulham ;QPR; Carlisle and Colchester; Chesterfield and Accrington Stanley.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

you are beyond a joke,even WUM's have more of a clue than you
your not embarrassed at all by your post? at all????
we are unbeaten so far this season-fact
we are 7th in the league-fact
we have signed 3 very promising youngsters-fact
we have kept most of the team that got us to the final-fact
we are playing a much more open attacking style of football under Sparky-fact

and I want you to prove this line-"especially as MH has declared himself to be better than Woy"-I want solid cast iron proof of this as a fact and I want it now!
I normally say don't feed the Troll but this guy is proving himself to be so clueless it's almost laughable :doh: :doh: :doh:
so fill your boots and put this muppet to the sword :dft012:

this the type of thing you were after Steve? :dft012:

Jimpav

Whose parade are you raining on?

Your beloved Liverpool are the only ones over promising and under delivering.

At least the other WUM's have the decency to be a little more subtle.

JBH

Back again you Spanner of a WUM why don't you just RUN OFF and die in a corner of Scumford Bridge

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Dearest tingtawng
Please,let me be the first to welcome you in a way that you will quickly become acustomed
:wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum: :wum:  

Steve_orino

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on September 19, 2010, 05:20:56 PM

you are beyond a joke,even WUM's have more of a clue than you

this the type of thing you were after Steve? :dft012:

That's what I'm talking about...

You ain't nothing but a hound dog, sniffing out a WUM!  I love it!
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Steve_orino

And whoever inserted that Avatar on the first post...Genius!!!
@Borino09