watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Women's football

Started by Andy S, January 22, 2018, 12:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

We had a women's football team a few years ago but when will women's football really kick off in the uk? Fulham needs a professional women's team!

Woolly Mammoth

Women's football is already kicking off in England. The England women's football team is improving and progressing all the time, and is a match for anyone.
Is there an Amateur women's football team associated with Fulham FC. I thought I read something about it recently. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

When we did have a women's team they were for a while among the best in the country.rachel Yankee etc.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Slaphead in Qatar

Women's football is less interesting than even American Football. I wish the bbc or whoever would stop stuffing it up our ...... 

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: bobbo on January 22, 2018, 05:20:44 AM
When we did have a women's team they were for a while among the best in the country.rachel Yankee etc.

We did indeed. They were a terrific side. Rachel Yankey, Rachel Unitt, Katie Chapman were in the Fulham team that was the first professional side in the UK and dominated the domestic scene for a while.

MAF got frustrated with the FA's delay in setting up the Super League - it arrived a decade late - and eventually pulled the funding.

There is the Fulham Foundation ladies side which is doing really well having been restarted four years ago and some funding from the Club as well.

More information here

http://www.fulhamfc.com/ladies

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 22, 2018, 05:37:54 AM
Women's football is less interesting than even American Football. I wish the bbc or whoever would stop stuffing it up our ......

No one's forcing you to watch it. If you don't like, you can switch over. Women don't play sport for men to interested in it, you know?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on January 22, 2018, 10:19:46 AM

No one's forcing you to watch it. If you don't like, you can switch over. Women don't play sport for men to interested in it, you know?
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on January 22, 2018, 10:19:46 AM

Professional atheletes don't play sport for people to be interested in? Are you sure about that? How do they earn their wages then?

toshes mate

Oh please, nothing could be less interesting than American Football.  Even the potter's wheel interlude the BBC once used was more exciting.....

Wolf

Fulham FC has no need whatsoever to lose money financing a professional womens team
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

grandad

Womens Rugby is far more interesting. Oh those loose rucks & mauls are a sight to behold. I think they tried to change the name of the person in the middle of the front row.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

The same old tired jokes get hauled out. Fortunately the Womens game is very healthy and while Fulham no longer have a professional team as such now. They do seem to be working with a Fulham team at a lower level. Slowly the wonderful game is growing and women are competing at the highest level.

People who continue to compare it to the mens game might as well forget it. They don't compare womens athletics, tennis or any other sport. It is a different style and type of game and is worth watching for many
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on January 22, 2018, 11:42:04 AM
Womens Rugby is far more interesting. Oh those loose rucks & mauls are a sight to behold. I think they tried to change the name of the person in the middle of the front row.

I love watching the England women's Rugby, a great game and a great team, and they are quality all over the pitch.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

In our day we had the best women's side in the country - bar none. It's a pity the game took off after MAF had pulled the funding. It reflected well on the club as a whole and I think we're the poorer for the loss of it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria