News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Little advice/help for a Yank coming over for the QPR match please.

Started by OtherHodgson, January 24, 2018, 05:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCAli

Piccadilly line to Kings Cross/St Pancras is direct and cheaper than LHR express.

OtherHodgson

Great input, didn't know that, thanks. You aren't located in California by chance are you?

Southcoastffc

Not trying to worry you, and I don't personally know when televised fixtures are announced, but I saw this on another forum:

Sky have announced games from 10th March to Easter.

Friday, January 26, 01:03:13pm (NoHost/82.152.45.111)
Good news that none of our games have been moved. Leeds at home is now on the tele but same kick off time. QPR at home will be finalised after this weekend.
[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

Sorry, what do you mean about the QPR game as that falls into the period you were talking about? (NT) -- Jim ©, Friday, January 26, 01:04:17pm (NoHost/212.58.38.226)
QPR at home is 17th March and Sky will announce their fixtures for that weekend once the FA Cup 4th round has been finalised. (NT) -- Stix, Friday, January 26, 01:27:04pm (NoHost/82.152.45.111)
Ah, ok, thank you- hopefully it wont move- though it's one they do like to televise... (NT) -- Jim©, Friday, January 26, 01:42:58pm (NoHost/212.58.38.226)

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

OtherHodgson

Oh my. Appreciate the heads up. Nothing I can do but cross my fingers at this point as our airline tickets are purchased and this trip is tied in with business.  Thanks for the warning and I hope nothing changes!

HatterDon

I'll tell you what I tell all fellow yanks about to experience the Cottage for the first time. Drink everything in. CC is the finest sporting venue I've ever experienced in any sport and in any country.

What I've also said to folks planning a trip for a particular match, to ensure that they'll be in London from Friday noon until Monday night because fixtures can be moved. I see that's already been covered.

Enjoy! And when you get back, share your prose and your pictures.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SP

Have a great trip, you've picked a great fixture against our local rivals.  Texan Cottager (who knows his real ale) enjoyed the 'authentic' prematch atmosphere in the Golden Lion. His only poor pint during a long day of pre & post match drinking was, you guessed it, bought from the real ale bar in the ground - it looked more like flat cola.