watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would you rather....

Started by Jimpav, February 05, 2010, 05:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Thought I would try and breathe some life into a well worn thread, so here goes:

Would you rather England/US/OZ/(Nationality of your choice) won the world cup or Fulham won the FA cup?

Brede Butter Pudding

Easy. Fulham win the FA cup. I don't find international football particularly entertaining

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 05, 2010, 05:48:25 PM
Easy. Fulham win the FA cup. I don't find international football particularly entertaining
I'd rather Fulham beat Bolton tomorrow than England win the World cup , and yes i am English, with of course the mandatory bit of Irish in me like 90% of English. Oh and a bit Sweaty sock as well. So the last two bits explain why i'm so thick and such a tight bastard. ::)

FFCOutpostCommander

Fulham for the cup! No one here would even know if the USA won unless they hired a very pretty bird to take her shirt off at the end of the final ;D
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Lighthouse

I know that I say the same thing each time but I care little for my National side unless it has a Fulham player in it. In the good old days we could admire players but the millionaires that make up England deserve no such respect. Terry,Ferdinand, Cole and their like could lose in the group games if Fulham Youth team win their next cup game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Scrumpy

Jimpav, you won't get many on here putting their National team ahead of Fulham!

I've been to a dozen or so England matches. I don't like the players and can't relate to most of the fans. The complete opposite seems to apply for Fulham matches.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

vagrant

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 05, 2010, 08:12:54 PM

I've been to a dozen or so England matches. I don't like the players and can't relate to most of the fans. The complete opposite seems to apply for Fulham matches.

SNAP !!

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Burt

Quote from: vagrant on February 05, 2010, 08:51:10 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on February 05, 2010, 08:12:54 PM

SNAP !!

Double snap!

LBNo11

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 05, 2010, 07:19:04 PM
I know that I say the same thing each time but I care little for my National side unless it has a Fulham player in it. In the good old days we could admire players but the millionaires that make up England deserve no such respect. Terry,Ferdinand, Cole and their like could lose in the group games if Fulham Youth team win their next cup game.

I refer you all to my script writer's comments above. Fulham FC above nation at football everytime...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

I've actually seen us playing England at CC, i think it was Les Strongs testimonial and i think we lost 3-1.Could be wrong on both counts though.

Jimpav

A clean sweep for Fulham it is then.

Fulham would be my first choice but I would love to see England win something in my life time. Although I find it very hard to relate to the pri madonnas and the cliquey nature of the England team, it is hard not to get caught up in the fever of a big tournament. I have fond memories of Euro 96 and how it captured the nation.

If Fulham won the cup it would be unbelievable but no doubt a "family" celebration. Much on the way of the last few matches of 2007-2008.

os5889