watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it all part of a master plan

Started by RP24, January 30, 2018, 02:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP24

Just a thought but do you think the powers that be aren't signing players on perm deals as they know anyone we get now wouldn't be good enough for the prem? So by getting loan players if we get promoted they can go and then we buy prem level players in the summer!

Wishful thinking? Maybe! But there has to be a reason we aren't signing players or spending money.

gang

Holders

It should surely be a factor in the decision process but we need enough input to get us over the line first.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cookieg

Prices are so inflated during the January it would make sense to loan players to see us over the line. If then they are considered good enough then sign them or send them back. I can understand signing young players who may have potential for the future but any permanent signing could be a gamble if we don't make it.

filham

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on January 30, 2018, 02:11:57 PM
Just a thought but do you think the powers that be aren't signing players on perm deals as they know anyone we get now wouldn't be good enough for the prem? So by getting loan players if we get promoted they can go and then we buy prem level players in the summer!

Wishful thinking? Maybe! But there has to be a reason we aren't signing players or spending money.

davew

(LOL), I would like to think you are right in your assumption, sadly I don't! We have got very few (maybe 2) players who are good enough to play in the Premier League now, my own theory is that Khan is going through the motions to be seen to try and help FFC to achieve promotion by not selling Sess, TC and a couple of other players. He probably thinks he will get away by doing nothing, especially after the recent run of results, but this will fail!! He is looking forwards though, in the Summer TC and Sess will be a nice little earner, but he will buy a few inferior and cheaper value players to keep us in the Championship (just)!! The merry go round will continue, investment now is what we need!! 
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

vagrant

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 05:15:14 PM

(LOL), I would like to think you are right in your assumption, sadly I don't! We have got very few (maybe 2) players who are good enough to play in the Premier League now, my own theory is that Khan is going through the motions to be seen to try and help FFC to achieve promotion by not selling Sess, TC and a couple of other players. He probably thinks he will get away by doing nothing, especially after the recent run of results, but this will fail!! He is looking forwards though, in the Summer TC and Sess will be a nice little earner, but he will buy a few inferior and cheaper value players to keep us in the Championship (just)!! The merry go round will continue, investment now is what we need!!

Good theory.....rubbish, but a good theory....

davew

Quote from: vagrant on January 30, 2018, 07:01:24 PM

LOL, we might never know the truth, but at the moment 1 of my points is correct re not selling our top players (yet) and tomorrow night we will know more as we will at the end of the season and the next transfer window, so until those future events, I am correct apart from the theory of course!

SG

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 07:02:23 PM
Quote from: vagrant on January 30, 2018, 07:01:24 PM

LOL, we might never know the truth, but at the moment 1 of my points is correct re not selling our top players (yet) and tomorrow night we will know more as we will at the end of the season and the next transfer window, so until those future events, I am correct apart from the theory of course!

For what it is worth I concur with your theory - going through the motions now and then sell for big money one of the assets and then rebuild using that money. No real investment in the playing side and looking to sell once planning is approved for the new stand. Investment in the academy pays dividends in terms of resell value or bringing through players to sell so whilst noteworthy will not get us promoted

davew

SG, I wish you had said that in the first place (lol), great minds think alike. For what it is worth your concurrence with my theory is valued!

HatterDon

I would have thought everyone on this site would have realized that. There are players on this squad who can help us get promoted, but won't be good enough to keep us up. Loans and short term contracts should be the norm for a club like us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

davew

Quote from: HatterDon on January 30, 2018, 11:16:17 PM
I would have thought everyone on this site would have realized that. There are players on this squad who can help us get promoted, but won't be good enough to keep us up. Loans and short term contracts should be the norm for a club like us.

Maybe not everybody on this site and in fact I hope the majority would not! I agree with your 2nd sentence completely! I do question your final part though, why should loans and short term contacts be the norm for a club like us, sorry to say I find that derogatory.

Woolly Mammoth

To have a Master Plan, you need a Master first let alone a plan.
We appear not to have either.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 11:33:16 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 30, 2018, 11:16:17 PM

Maybe not everybody on this site and in fact I hope the majority would not! I agree with your 2nd sentence completely! I do question your final part though, why should loans and short term contacts be the norm for a club like us, sorry to say I find that derogatory.

I agree that it should be the norm, it should be the norm for all clubs that are in the top 3rd of this league. i.e. you can sign premier league quality players and don't want to be stuck with 25 championship players if you get promoted...

RaySmith

We can get players to play for us who  we wouldn't do otherwise - neither afford them, or them wanting to to play for us.

It means  we can bring in players to help get us up, even if they leave at the end of the season , which is the main object.

Obviously, Fulham  transfer policy is affected by the amount of money available, which is also affected by FFP. Those responsible for buying the players, presumably have to work on a budget - they don't hold the  purse strings.

terryr

dear me
Lets stop with the self flagellation and anti Khan tirades
It was boring last window in the summer and its boring now

HatterDon

Quote from: TerryR on January 31, 2018, 12:44:45 PM
dear me
Lets stop with the self flagellation and anti Khan tirades
It was boring last window in the summer and its boring now

some folks only know one or two songs ... so they sing them loud and often  :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Porthogs FC

Stop speaking so much business sense.

Woolly Mammoth

There is a simple reason, you will find it under the heading " No Ambition ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RP24

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2018, 02:59:49 PM

There is a simple reason, you will find it under the heading " No Ambition ".

Fully agree with you Woolly, the lack of ambition from the owners is ridiculous. I didn't want to turn this into a khan bashing as i think they've done well with the youth squad but my word we've been crying out for a cb and cf for ages. Even a keeper would be needed to make the step up but we are stuck with loans.
After 23 years of going to games you'd have thought I'd have learnt by now