watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Cairney come out again and say he loves the club

Started by DevonFFC, February 02, 2018, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

It was another transfer window that once again left us thinking will we won't we, now Tom has said time and time again he loves our club but multiple sources printed that Tom made it his wish to go West Ham.

I really want to hear from the man himself to find out his thoughts.

Rambler

He is not available for selection again tomorrow. I'd much prefer to hear from the club with what is actually happening in regards to his injury because this farce has gone on all season and it's a joke - it needs to get sorted

Tabby

It is hard to know. I tend to take expressions of affection for a club players are currently at lightly, as it is just basic PR.

Lighthouse

Both he and Ojo are missing through injury tomorrow.

Personally I don't care if he wants to swear undying allegiance to Fulham or not. I want him to be fit and play well for us but if he wants to go then he will go whatever he says now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SuffolkWhite

Hopefully he is a professional and whether he wishes to be at the club or not plays with commitment.

He can't keep saying he loves the club every time he's linked with different teams. Maybe he is just injured!

At the end of the day he has a contract that runs for a good while longer and he will just have to honour it.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

grandad

TC must be depressed as we all are with his ongoing injury. The last thing on his mind is going on social media to appease a few fans.
I feel that he needs to get his injury sorted by that surgeon in the US that specializes in sports injuries.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

Why in the world would he have to say that, and why in the world would you expect it of him? For that matter, would it satisfy you if he did?

In my 55 or so years of drawing a paycheck, I worked for bosses and organizations I loved and those I didn't particularly care for. In ALL of those jobs, I busted my ass doing the best job I was capable of. It's called "being professional."

In NONE of those jobs did anyone demand or even inquire if I loved the company paying me.

I don't know  :doh:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

DevonFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on February 02, 2018, 03:59:09 PM
Why in the world would he have to say that, and why in the world would you expect it of him? For that matter, would it satisfy you if he did?

In my 55 or so years of drawing a paycheck, I worked for bosses and organizations I loved and those I didn't particularly care for. In ALL of those jobs, I busted my ass doing the best job I was capable of. It's called "being professional."

In NONE of those jobs did anyone demand or even inquire if I loved the company paying me.

I don't know  :doh:

Did you also have a work related injury that kept you from doing your job? I'm not saying that the injury is or isn't legit it's just he often says he loves the club and to my mind seeing the position we were in I would be abit pissed off if my agent ran about spouting you wanted out.

Lighthouse

Actually they call it in business' having the right attitude.' Usually means they can think of nothing to moan about but have to think of something. The money Cairney is being paid he should be happy doing what he loves. But ambition is a terrible thing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

gang

Is his injury generic rather than football related?  he does have quite a strange stride which must put a strain on his knees.

SP

I think an obsession with players that love their club is more a QPR trait.

Twig

This is a non issue imo. Yes he has been carrying an injury, it was widely discussed. Yes he has played through it as frequently as he could which shows great professional dedication to the club. Yes he has previously stated he is settled and happy at Fulham. What more can we ask?

EastEndWhite

There is no need for him to say anything.  We just have to hope that he recovers from his injury sooner rather than later. It is disappointing that his loyalty to the club has been questioned recently.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Statto on February 02, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Ironically I had an annual appraisal recently and was told, as I have been in every appraisal in my career, that whilst I do good work, I won't progress in my career unless I more frequently and obviously express my love and enthusiasm for the organisation and our work. I don't know how it works in the US, but currently in UK office culture, it's a settled, universally-known fact that doing a good job is NOT, on its own, enough to have a good career. Now to me that seems like utter bo££ocks, but if I have to suffer it then so should Cairney.

Completely agree. I worked for a large firm of which all here would know the name, for over 28 years. Initially, I applauded the company at every opportunity because, at the time, I believed in it. As time went on I came to realize that it wasn't the company that wanted the love but individual managers who used it to their own avail. The first time I disagreed with policy I was called on the carpet and despite doing a better job then most, my career stagnated. The company was just tha, a company. It is and was void of any human emotion. When I retired, the company proceeded as if I had never existed, just as all large companies do. You are an employee. Therefore, as asset, to be used and discarded just as a desk or a computer.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BestOfBrede

I'm confused and so would appreciate a little help, please...
On the offal there are 3 Slavisa interviews:
Head coach press conference
Jokanovic on transfers
And
Jokanovic: positive window

I've read and listened and cannot see where he states that both TC and OJ are injured and not available for selection tomorrow? Now, I fully expect that is the case, but I cannot find it?
Can those above that have seen it/heard it please tell me where?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 02, 2018, 07:41:05 PM
I'm confused and so would appreciate a little help, please...
On the offal there are 3 Slavisa interviews:
Head coach press conference
Jokanovic on transfers
And
Jokanovic: positive window

I've read and listened and cannot see where he states that both TC and OJ are injured and not available for selection tomorrow? Now, I fully expect that is the case, but I cannot find it?
Can those above that have seen it/heard it please tell me where?

It was tweeted by the club during this afternoon's press conference.

💬 @Jokanovic: "Tom Cairney and Sheyi Ojo won't be available this weekend." #FFC

BestOfBrede

Thanks EastEndWhite
I wonder why it isn't included in 3 (yes 3) offal interviews and especially on the video one which we pay for!?

CincyFulham1

Quote from: SP on February 02, 2018, 05:25:36 PM
I think an obsession with players that love their club is more a QPR trait.

#BadgeKissingChestThumpingRelagationCandidates

Jims Dentist

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 02, 2018, 06:44:27 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 02, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Ironically I had an annual appraisal recently and was told, as I have been in every appraisal in my career, that whilst I do good work, I won't progress in my career unless I more frequently and obviously express my love and enthusiasm for the organisation and our work. I don't know how it works in the US, but currently in UK office culture, it's a settled, universally-known fact that doing a good job is NOT, on its own, enough to have a good career. Now to me that seems like utter bo££ocks, but if I have to suffer it then so should Cairney.

Completely agree. I worked for a large firm of which all here would know the name, for over 28 years. Initially, I applauded the company at every opportunity because, at the time, I believed in it. As time went on I came to realize that it wasn't the company that wanted the love but individual managers who used it to their own avail. The first time I disagreed with policy I was called on the carpet and despite doing a better job then most, my career stagnated. The company was just tha, a company. It is and was void of any human emotion. When I retired, the company proceeded as if I had never existed, just as all large companies do. You are an employee. Therefore, as asset, to be used and discarded just as a desk or a computer.
Totally agree YJ and Statto.
I work for a big multinational company ( although now semi retired and part time thank god ) and at best staff are just a number, at worse we are cannon fodder.
They use behaviours and lack of positive attitude as a weapon to stop you talking to colleagues about how badly you are treated and the unbelievable balls ups that are made at higher levels by staff on high salaries and big bonuses.
Unfortunately these people are rarely held accountable.