watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Recommended TV Viewing

Started by The Equalizer, September 21, 2010, 06:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

I mentioned this to the trouble last evening and lo and behold, she pointed to the book on our bookshelf!! Seems she bought it some time back but hasn't got down to reading it yet.

Dilemma - read the book or watch the series first  :002:  :023:  :dft005:

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: PaulUMD on October 12, 2010, 04:08:48 AM
They keep the same actors even though many years pass during the story, so you just have to suspend any disbelief.  It didn't bother me, in fact I think I preferred that to new actors or ridiculous aging makeup.
...just like ff coppola did in "el padrino" the godfather i think!

Lighthouse

Some of the smaller characters in the TV series have a larger slice of time than in the book. Also an ugly,boil ridden character has turned into a slight blemmish ridden but pretty enough one. The Book and the TV have to be looked at as two different beasts. The TV is at best only going to be the highlights of the book. So I will watch the TV and enjoy it. But will try not to compare it to the book. The book will always be better if I do.

A bit like Gormenghast when the BBC did it. Very good but not a patch on the book.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 12, 2010, 11:57:17 AM
Some of the smaller characters in the TV series have a larger slice of time than in the book. Also an ugly,boil ridden character has turned into a slight blemmish ridden but pretty enough one. The Book and the TV have to be looked at as two different beasts. The TV is at best only going to be the highlights of the book. So I will watch the TV and enjoy it. But will try not to compare it to the book. The book will always be better if I do.

A bit like Gormenghast when the BBC did it. Very good but not a patch on the book.

Nailed. At the end of the day that have to squeeze an 1,200 page book that spans 60 years into 8 hours of viewing. I was quite disappointed that there wasn't all that much about the actual technicalities of building the cathedral. But I was hugely impressed with Hayley Atwell's talent.  :54:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc