more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which striker starts against Bolton?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 03, 2018, 05:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Quote from: toshes mate on February 04, 2018, 12:16:39 PM
I think we should all know by now how much partnerships of two or more players influence tactics in football, and how the best team managers or coaches utilise these attributes on match days.  Successful coaches pay attention to how players respond to matters developed in training and, when SJ says he believes in better, he actually means it in ways that Sky simply haven't the grey matter to decipher or understand.  The team will, in all probability, select itself based on whatever tactics are determined having watched the opponents, observed what goes on during coaching sessions.  The key things are how players support each other and how those clever plays are derived from players who are on the exact same wavelength as those around them. 

Judging from the bulk of previous correspondence on here the Club only has one first team striker of note and he arrived at the last minute on deadline day.  He is going to take a little time to settle and grow into the style he finds at Fulham and I hope he is even more excited about his prospects for the next four months after yesterdays game than he was on arrival at Motspur Park.  I certainly would be.  Every squad member is as key to success as the next driving each other to be in line for selection next match and that is where 'becoming even better' gets you.   The match at Bolton should get the same build up as did the match before it with good communication to all players about what they need to do to be 'better'.   Sure some of the players appear to be certain starters but only because they are demonstrating whatever it is that gets you an automatic start these days.

As SJ's after match comments said - everybody has a role to play.  And that means they all have a chance too.

It's too early to drink for me, but I'll drink to that. Well said, mate.

HV71

Quote from: Matt10 on February 04, 2018, 04:29:50 PM
I think we should all know by now how much partnerships of two or more players influence tactics in football, and how the best team managers or coaches utilise these attributes on match days.  Successful coaches pay attention to how players respond to matters developed in training and, when SJ says he believes in better, he actually means it in ways that Sky simply haven't the grey matter to decipher or understand.  The team will, in all probability, select itself based on whatever tactics are determined having watched the opponents, observed what goes on during coaching sessions.  The key things are how players support each other and how those clever plays are derived from players who are on the exact same wavelength as those around them. 

Judging from the bulk of previous correspondence on here the Club only has one first team striker of note and he arrived at the last minute on deadline day.  He is going to take a little time to settle and grow into the style he finds at Fulham and I hope he is even more excited about his prospects for the next four months after yesterdays game than he was on arrival at Motspur Park.  I certainly would be.  Every squad member is as key to success as the next driving each other to be in line for selection next match and that is where 'becoming even better' gets you.   The match at Bolton should get the same build up as did the match before it with good communication to all players about what they need to do to be 'better'.   Sure some of the players appear to be certain starters but only because they are demonstrating whatever it is that gets you an automatic start these days.

As SJ's after match comments said - everybody has a role to play.  And that means they all have a chance too.

Excellent post . It was also a squad celebration at the final whistle - Fonte came rushing on to the pitch and made a bee line for Betts who he hugged and congratulated (presumably for his excellent performance and the double save ) . It is a squad game and we have a team who appear to care passionately and want each other to succeed. In Joka we believe !!!

hovewhite

Quote from: HV71 on February 04, 2018, 04:57:22 PM

Excellent post . It was also a squad celebration at the final whistle - Fonte came rushing on to the pitch and made a bee line for Betts who he hugged and congratulated (presumably for his excellent performance and the double save ) . It is a squad game and we have a team who appear to care passionately and want each other to succeed. In Joka we believe !!!
I believe!!!!

Matt10

Might I also add that Fonte walked off the pitch at halftime, only to stop at the sideline and wait for each of his teammates to pass by so he could give words of encouragement to each one of them. Such a great teammate, talk about playing for eachother. I think that's part of the formula for us. Keep it up!

Twig

Quote from: Matt10 on February 05, 2018, 01:06:58 AM

Might I also add that Fonte walked off the pitch at halftime, only to stop at the sideline and wait for each of his teammates to pass by so he could give words of encouragement to each one of them. Such a great teammate, talk about playing for eachother. I think that's part of the formula for us. Keep it up!

Interesting, I missed that but pretty impressive.

twang

Baszab

Very impressive and he looks like a good bloke and tries hard - as my school report used to say "could do better "

filham

Well Mitrovic has played little more than half an hour so it is much too early to make any kind of judgement on him except that he is not immediately going take the championship by storm and start scoring a goal a match.

At this moment we have four strikers looking for one place instead of three and it is not clear which one has his nose in front in the selection states. Ayite made a surprise appearance on Saturday, the position is wide open.

More important than which striker is selected is will Cairney sort out his dodgy knee. A fully fit Cairney playing on a rgular basis will make any of the four strikers look good.

MrFFC

Mitrovic to start with Kamara replacing him on the hour
Come on you Whites!! :)

Mullers OG

Same team as against Forest for me.

The spirit was excellent even if it wasn't the most free flowing football of the season.  For all the criticism he gets on this board Fonte is, to my mind, head and shoulders the best forward in the squad.  If, after 60 minutes or so, there needs to be a change then bring on Mitrovic who doesn't look as if he's completely up to a full 90 minutes.  That's not surprising as he hasn't played much this season at Newcastle.  Kamara might come good in time but with only a third of the season to go time is short.

Hugely impressive resurgence in the team's form ever since Bettinelli replaced Button in goal.  Is there any connection? 

WokinghamWhite

Quote from: Matt10 on February 05, 2018, 01:06:58 AM

Bett's post-match interview talked about Kalas's mistake and he made the point that everyone makes mistakes and they help each other out. The team spirit is sky-high right now.

Neil D

Quote from: Fulhamerica on February 03, 2018, 08:05:57 PM
I'd like to see Mitro start then come off around 60 (hopefully with a lead) for Kamara. This may not be the game for Fonte, although I'm one of the few who is a fan
Agreed

HV71

Forgot to answer the question in my earlier post - Fonte ( then Mitro )

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mullers OG on February 05, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
Same team as against Forest for me.

The spirit was excellent even if it wasn't the most free flowing football of the season.  For all the criticism he gets on this board Fonte is, to my mind, head and shoulders the best forward in the squad.  If, after 60 minutes or so, there needs to be a change then bring on Mitrovic who doesn't look as if he's completely up to a full 90 minutes.  That's not surprising as he hasn't played much this season at Newcastle.  Kamara might come good in time but with only a third of the season to go time is short.

Hugely impressive resurgence in the team's form ever since Bettinelli replaced Button in goal.  Is there any connection? 

With regard to the Betts/ Button issue, I can only imagine there is a connection between Betts regaining his place, and Button moving onto the bench.
Personally I prefer Betts anyway due to his alround game. Nothing against Button, but I feel that the defence seem more relaxed if that is the right word, and more confident as a unit, bearing in mind our defence are not the finished article themselves, so it can work both ways.
Nevertheless, with Betts in goal the defence look more settled, and it's no coincident that we are conceding less goals also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Just as you lot do not know what team we will put out neither do Bolton.whatever eleven we field will win against Bolton

choice_of_ends

Most probably the same starting XI as against Forest. Unless Mitrovic convinces Joka during the week to play from the very 1st minute. Then I go for a 4-2-3-1 with Sess and Piazon on the wings, Johansen in between - Kmac and Norwood DM.