https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Snapchat helped Fulham sign Aleksandar Mitrovic

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 08, 2018, 10:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

How Snapchat helped Fulham sign Aleksandar Mitrovic
by DAN on FEBRUARY 8, 2018

Alyson Rudd has a terrific piece in the Times this morning about the pivotal role Snapchat played in Aleksandar Mitrovic's late, late loan move to Fulham on transfer deadline day.

There has always been a bit of intrigue about how the fiery Serbian striker ended up being reunited with his old mentor Slavisa Jokanovic at Craven Cottage – despite Fulham's interest in the Newcastle United forward dating back to last winter's window. Mitrovic tells the story of a dramatic deadline day where he seemed all set to rejoin his old club Anderlecht only for the deal that was going to finance Mitrovic's return to full through at the eleventh hour. He wasn't keen on joining Newcastle's local rivals Middlesbrough and ended up scrolling through Snapchat, where he alighted on Jokanovic's name.

Rudd tells what happened next very well indeed:

"How are you?" he said via Snapchat and Jokanovic half-jokingly replied that he was waiting for Mitrovic's deal with Anderlecht to collapse.

"It's your lucky, day," replied the striker, "the deal is broken."

They chatted again, after Jokanovic had cleared the deal with the club's board. It was 11pm and they had to find a doctor for the medical. The necessary papers were somehow exchanged and signed by 11.45pm.

Mitrovic is delighted with his move to work under the man who was the manager at Partizan Belgrade when the tall forward was earning rave reviews in the youth team. After his promising debut on Saturday against Nottingham Forest – where his introduction as a second half substitute changed the course of the contest – the Fulham fans are pleased with Mitrovic, too.

I chose Fulham because of the style, because of the coach. Fulham play the best football in the league, definitely. It is the best move for me, even better than Anderlecht probably.

Jokanovic has already instructed his new signing not to place Fulham's promotion push in any jeopardy.

Slavisa has told me not to do stupid things. He says I have to put my passion into scoring goals, not to do some crazy tackles. I understand this and agree with him.

Mitrovic is hopeful of using his loan spell in London to get some much-needed game time ahead of Serbia's participation in this summer's World Cup. The striker insists his side travels to Russia in good heart after an excellent qualifying campaign – and believes the team can surprise a few people at the finals, having been drawn in a group alongside Brazil, Switzerland and Costa Rica.

To be Serbian is the proudest thing in my life. The country has been through a lot of wars. We never give up, we fight for our freedom. The Serbian mentality is really strong because of what we have been through. I bet every single Serbian thinks the way I think. It will be the biggest moment in our football careers, in our lives. If we need to give blood we will give blood just to represent our people in the best way we can.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/02/how-snapchat-helped-fulham-sign-aleksandar-mitrovic/

Marcel_Gecov

bog

Milo

Suspected something similar - especially after SJ came out saying he was very happy with transfer deals.

HV71

Excellent piece- once again Joka is shown to be a no nonsense coach - confronting the issues. Tells the players how it is .
We are not a railway station !
In Joka we trust!!! COYW!!

Marcel_Gecov

Intriguing that he had a hand in the deal... hmm...

Holders

Yes, but it's not reassuring that the club evidently didn't have tabs on him that evening and it took him to message the manager.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Holders on February 08, 2018, 11:50:15 AM
Yes, but it's not reassuring that the club evidently didn't have tabs on him that evening and it took him to message the manager.

But if he was joining Anderlecht and was for all intents and purposes done then why would we?

Holders

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on February 08, 2018, 12:07:01 PM

But if he was joining Anderlecht and was for all intents and purposes done then why would we?

Because Slav and he had been speaking in the period up to that. Deals often collapse at the 11th hour.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Holders on February 08, 2018, 12:48:16 PM

Because Slav and he had been speaking in the period up to that. Deals often collapse at the 11th hour.

So whats your point?

Lighthouse

This whole thread is based in a lie

@Jokanovic: "I've never used Snapchat in my life. I communicated with Mitrovic through WhatsApp..." #FFC
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 08, 2018, 02:48:59 PM
This whole thread is based in a lie

@Jokanovic: "I've never used Snapchat in my life. I communicated with Mitrovic through WhatsApp..." #FFC

One man's snap chat is another mans whatsapp.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Holders on February 08, 2018, 12:48:16 PM

ffs don't be so curmudgeonly. It wouldn't have happened under Sir Roy. Be grateful!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rickepanton

That's a fascinating story about how Snapchat played a role in Aleksandar Mitrovic's move to Fulham! Technology can connect people in unexpected ways.

SerbianLad

Mods could you do something about these three accounts? The way in which they wrote this and their previous posts, their post count and the fact that they revived a very old thread that is sompletely irrelevant now makes me believe they are bots. I ingored it the first two times but it's starting to annoy me now. @WhiteJC @Burt @Logicalman @love4ffc @Milo @Friendsoffulham