Main Menu

Fulham v Aston Villa

Started by Fernhurst, February 12, 2018, 09:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Quote from: Twig on February 13, 2018, 08:15:07 PM
Quote from: b+w geezer on February 12, 2018, 04:07:46 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on February 12, 2018, 12:29:16 PM
bringing on players like Kebano and Kamara when the game gets stretched towards the end is a good bet.  Fonte's running will help to tire a defence but Mitros strength and central play will work Terry more, which would then allow Kamara to terrorise him towards the end...  I would personally think hard about starting Mitro instead of Rui, then replace him with Kamara and bring on Kebano for Piazon.
Well explained and I agree.

Actually I disagree.  Terry is used to slow muscular attackers but at his age what he does not want is to be run off his feet. So I would start with one of our quicker strikers and perhaps bring on Mitro when he is tiring.
[/quot
Quote from: Twig on February 13, 2018, 08:15:07 PM
Quote from: b+w geezer on February 12, 2018, 04:07:46 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on February 12, 2018, 12:29:16 PM
bringing on players like Kebano and Kamara when the game gets stretched towards the end is a good bet.  Fonte's running will help to tire a defence but Mitros strength and central play will work Terry more, which would then allow Kamara to terrorise him towards the end...  I would personally think hard about starting Mitro instead of Rui, then replace him with Kamara and bring on Kebano for Piazon.
Well explained and I agree.

Actually I disagree.  Terry is used to slow muscular attackers but at his age what he does not want is to be run off his feet. So I would start with one of our quicker strikers and perhaps bring on Mitro when he is tiring.

Well you could start Fonte, run Terry around, then Finish him off with Kamara.  I just don't think that's the best way as Terry will not follow Fonte.  I think at the start of the game Terry would have too much savvy for Kamara but at the end if we can knacker him out Kamara could cause a lot of problems.

It's all opinions and in any game things can work in different ways, this is not a right or wrong, it's just a matter of opinions, you may be right, let's agree to disagree but whichever way it goes, let's hope it works eh.

By the way, I have posted on another thread why I think evenually Mitro will start, maybe not Saturday but once he is fully up to speed and playing well I expect he will be our starting central striker.

bog

One thing is certain fellow foffers I cannot wait for the KO! COYW!  049:gif :clap_hands:

092.gif

e4b

Why is everyone talking about Terry?Villa do have a few other defenders some of which are quite good!!

Twig

Quote from: e4b on February 14, 2018, 05:53:16 PM
Why is everyone talking about Terry?Villa do have a few other defenders some of which are quite good!!

Sure, but Terry is ageing and as good as he was there is a chance for our pacey, possession based style to run him ragged and take him out of the game.

hovewhite

Rui on from the start with pace either side,TC if fit switching play ,also would like to see diagnol balls on the outside from TC with wide men attacking at pace ,so if Terry n  co get hustled we stop them playing.