watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (22.09.10)

Started by White Noise, September 21, 2010, 10:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/GetyounewAwaykitfromThursday.aspx?
Get your away shirt from Thursday!

The new Fulham 2010/11 Away shirt is set to officially launch online and in-store on Thursday and you could be one of the first fans to pick one up in either of the Club's retail stores!

The Away shirt is made of a quick dry performance fabric: a high performance fabric engineered to draw heat away from the skin keeping the body cool and dry, thus allowing a great stretch fit and look and is of the exact same quality worn by the players each away match!

Thursday is launch day!

The brand new Fulham Away shirt from Kappa will officially launch globally on Thursday 23rd September online and in store. If you're unable to purchase one then, why not pick one up prior to the Everton game this Saturday at Craven Cottage, kick off 3pm. Both Fulham stores, at the Stadium and on Fulham road will have the brand new kit on display!

Still time to win a holiday to Malta!

Order your away shirt prior to tomorrow's launch and you will automatically be entered into a draw to win one of two breaks to Malta with our Official European Airline Partner, Air Malta and the Grand Hotel Excelsior.

Order your new 2010/11 Away shirt now!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/GetyounewAwaykitfromThursday.aspx?#ixzz10FZWhKB2

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/9/22/1703588/reportedly-fulhams-moussa-dembele?
Reportedly Fulham's Moussa Dembele Only To Be Out For Two Weeks

Here is the latest information on Fulham striker Moussa Dembele and his potential injury. According to the Daily Mail, Dembele is expected to be out of action for only two weeks. Dembele took a very hard challenge against Stoke in the third round of the Carling Cup. He had to be taken off in a stretcher.

After the game Mark Hughes commented that he would know the extent of the potential injury to Dembele in 24 hours time after a scan was performed. I had a post yesterday which has a quote from Hughes which came from the official Fulham website.   

If this information is accurate from the Daily Mail regarding Dembele's possible injury, that would be real good news for Fulham. The Cottagers would have really dodged a bullet with the Belgian striker. However, there has been no confirmation yet from Fulham. I will be monitoring the Dembele situation and will have another update when more information is available.

WhiteJC

http://www.givemefootball.com/league-cup/yet-another-striker-blow-for-angry-fulham-boss?
Yet another striker blow for angry Fulham boss
Fulham - Mark Hughes thinks injury to Moussa Dembele could have been avoided

Fulham boss Mark Hughes was more concerned about the late challenge that crocked Moussa Dembele than the Cottagers' exit from the Carling Cup at the Britannia Stadium.

With Bobby Zamora already sidelined, and Andy Johnson still on the road to recovery, the last thing Hughes needed was another injury to a key striker.

Fulham's Belgium striker left the stadium on crutches and Hughes said: "The next 24 hours will show us how bad the injury is. We will have to assess the scan, and hope for the best but it doesn't look good.

"If he has avoided serious injury then he has been a very lucky boy because the tackle that took him out was, from my point of view, an absolutely ridiculous challenge at that stage of the game.

"When you are at that stage of the game and your team is leading 2-0, there is a certain code I would suggest that you look after your fellow professional, and the lad has ignored that.

"There was no need for the challenge at that late stage in the game and he has put a fellow professional's career at risk by the nature of it. I don't know what the hell he was thinking about to be perfectly honest.

"We are hopeful that he (Dembele) is fortunate and there has been no break, and if that is the case, it's a blessing because at the time of the challenge I thought he had done a real serious injury."

Stoke assistant boss Dave Kemp agreed that Andy Wilkinson's tackle on Dembele had been unnecessary but insisted the defender had not meant to harm the Fulham player.

"It was an unnecessary, rash challenge - we know that, we are football people as well," Kemp said. "We have spoken to Andy about it. He didn't need to make the challenge, I agree.

"All I can say is that I hope the player is not too badly hurt. There is no malice in his challenge - it is just over-enthusiasm."

WhiteJC

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2010/09/22/fan-form-fulham?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Fan+Form+-+Fulham
FAN FORUM - FULHAM
This season we are offering a new fan feature ahead of every game...

evertonfc.com will be hunting down supporters of the Blues' opposition on social networking sites Facebook and Twitter and getting them to fill out a questionnaire about their team.

We'll then post the findings before every game so Toffees fans can see how the opposition are approaching the upcoming game.

Ahead of the trip to the Cottage, we tracked down Fulham fan Rob Parrett. This is what he had to say...

I Rob Parrett, confirm I am a more-than-content fan of Fulham FC.

I have been supporting Fulham since I was knee-high to a grasshopper and my Dad took me to the Cottage for my first game. Back then it was wooden seats and old Division Three football against Scarborough, Mansfield Town, and Wigan Athletic. We still have the wooden seats, but now we entertain Juventus, Arsenal and Manchester United instead. Strangely, Wigan still appear to be knocking around too...

I am feeling cautiously optimistic about this upcoming game between Fulham and Everton. We're unbeaten this season, and the Toffees haven't been getting the results one would expect... but this is a fixture that could genuinely go either way. I'd back 2-1 to the Whites, with goals from Dempsey, Dembélé, and Tim Cahill (he loves playing us).

A goal against Manchester United has been the highlight of an impressive start to the season by Toffees old boy Simon Davies

Our best performer this season has been your old boy Simon Davies. Moussa Dembélé has been nothing short of a revelation since he made his debut a few weeks back (keep your eyes on him this weekend), but Davies has been involved in a lot of our best play thus far, so he just gets the nod.

Our manager Mark Hughes is probably stuck between a rock and a hard place. In Roy's two-and-a-half seasons with us he somehow saved us from relegation, steered us to our highest league finish ever, and then remarkably took us to a European Final (yep, I just wrote that). It's hard to know quite how Sparky can better that, but I'm led to believe he has a record of improving each club he's managed... so fingers crossed.

The long term loss of Bobby Zamora is a hard one to swallow for the fans, the team, and for Bobby himself. He is integral to the way we play with our team being built around him, so it will be interesting to see how we adapt. Mostly, though, we're gutted for Bobby – he was playing as well as ever and had just earned his England call-up. Life just isn't fair sometimes...

A five match unbeaten start to the season means we're probably due a loss sometime soon!

Fulham's most important player is Bobby Zamora, so without him a lot of the onus will fall on Dembélé and co. to get the goals. That said, it's a solid defence that keeps you in this league, so Brede Hangeland probably gets the nod as most important player.

Everton's best player is Mikel Arteta – simply a brilliant footballer and a pleasure to watch.

A successful season for Fulham would be pipping you guys into the top eight, a FA Cup / Carling Cup in the trophy cabinet, and opening negotiations with Barcelona for the transfer of one Lionel Messi. In all seriousness, target one is staying up, but top ten and a good cup run would go down very nicely on the banks of the Thames.

By the time May comes around I reckon we will be comfortably mid-table, whilst hoping that Zamora has recovered without hinderance, and you will probably be a frustrating three points ahead of us, with a shot at the FA Cup (given your penchant for being stronger in the second half of the season).

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9023803.stm?
Carlos Vela and Efrain Juarez banned by Mexico

Arsenal's Carlos Vela and Celtic's Efrain Juarez have been banned from playing for Mexico for six months over an alleged party at the team hotel.

It is claimed that the pair threw the party after a 1-0 friendly win against Colombia in Monterrey on 8 September.

Manchester United's Javier Hernandez and Tottenham's Giovani Dos Santos were fined £2,517 over the incident.

Fulham's Carlos Salcido, West Ham's Pablo Barrera and seven other players have been issued with the same fine.

Captain Rafael Marquez, Guillermo Ochoa, Francisco Rodriguez, Andres Guardado, Gerardo Torrado, Enrique Esqueda and Hector Moreno were also punished.

Striker Vela and midfielder Juarez's suspension has been backdated, making them unavailable for selection until 8 March.

Mexico, who appointed Efrain Flores as their interim manager in July, are due to play Poland in a friendly on 12 October.

WhiteJC

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/goalkeepers-are-different/?
Goalkeepers are different
Filed under: General — weltmeisterclaude @ 2:46 pm

Goalkeeping challenge:

Take a goalkeeper, any goalkeeper.

In this hypothetical challenge your goalkeeper gets two games against Premier League opponents.  If he plays well he wins a million pounds.  If he plays badly he must do 400 hours dredging rivers by hand in Cambridgeshire.

Which two teams would our goalkeeper almost certainly want to avoid?

If I was a goalkeeper I would try to avoid Blackburn Rovers and Stoke City.

Mark Schwarzer's season, then:

Much uncertainty over future.

Wants to go to Arsenal.

Not allowed to go to Arsenal.

Has a bad back.

Comes back from bad back to play Blackburn.  Hurly burly.  Looks a bit bewildered out there.  Fouled for goal.

Only a couple of days later he must go away to Stoke City.  Concedes poor goal from corner, and another from a Delap throw ("Mark Schwarzer put his hands up for the second goal as he misjudged the flight of the ball which was unfortunate.")   He isn't the first goalkeeper to get bothered by Stoke  (indeed, we conceded three messy goals up there last year).

Fair?

Does this mean:

a) he's past it
b) he's not past it, but because Arsenal wanted him he's not interested anymore
c) he's fine but circumstances have led to a slightly shaky but understandable start to the season

Or something else?

Has to be 'c' doesn't it?