watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangeland compared to Mitrovic

Started by Riversider, February 14, 2018, 04:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Let me start by saying that I'm a big fan of Mitrovic and was delighted on deadline day when he chose to join us, but I am somewhat disappointed in him as a professional football player with the condition that he has joined us in,
Amazingly he is only 23 years old and has joined us from a massive club in Newcastle United, and yet he looks physically out of shape and a good few pounds overweight, so what was he doing during training up at Newcastle ?
I don't care how many minutes he's played for Newcastle keeping yourself in shape is a basic requirement especially when you are planning on going to a World Cup as he is, Cairney hasn't played many for minutes for us but look at his physical condition, a young lad that obviously takes care of himself,
At the Forest game Brede Hangeland walked past me and he looked as fit as a butcher's dog, hasn't put on an ounce since retiring,  a model professional, John Terry is 37 years old now, another model professional , obviously takes great care of himself,
We signed Mitrovic to start every game, I hope he can get himself sorted out really soon as we need him, but surely body size and fitness should be a basic requirement of a professional footballer.

Southcoastffc

"he looks physically out of shape and a good few pounds overweight" - really?   I don't see that and I have no idea what weight he 'should' be.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

But we seem to relish signing unfit and injured players, we are experts at it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

Agree Woolly, where to start?  Greece, Portugal, France?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

Well we have seen Mitrovic make appearances in a couple of matches so far and I have been disappointed on his performances but have kept quiet as I thought it was too early to be critical.

Meanwhile Targett has hit the ground running and looked match fit ,fast and skilfull.
It does beg the question if one can do it why not the other.

We have fifteen matches left, everyone will be critical, how many can we expect it will be before Mitrovic will be putting in performances that are better than Kamaras.

Riversider

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 14, 2018, 04:39:45 PM
"he looks physically out of shape and a good few pounds overweight" - really?   I don't see that and I have no idea what weight he 'should' be.

Yes really,
Are you really saying he looks 100% on point ?
You've obviously not seen him in a Fulham shirt yet.

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 14, 2018, 04:39:45 PM

I think you need to go to Specsavers!

hovewhite

Quote from: Riversider on February 14, 2018, 04:38:15 PM
Let me start by saying that I'm a big fan of Mitrovic and was delighted on deadline day when he chose to join us, but I am somewhat disappointed in him as a professional football player with the condition that he has joined us in,
Amazingly he is only 23 years old and has joined us from a massive club in Newcastle United, and yet he looks physically out of shape and a good few pounds overweight, so what was he doing during training up at Newcastle ?
I don't care how many minutes he's played for Newcastle keeping yourself in shape is a basic requirement especially when you are planning on going to a World Cup as he is, Cairney hasn't played many for minutes for us but look at his physical condition, a young lad that obviously takes care of himself,
At the Forest game Brede Hangeland walked past me and he looked as fit as a butcher's dog, hasn't put on an ounce since retiring,  a model professional, John Terry is 37 years old now, another model professional , obviously takes great care of himself,
We signed Mitrovic to start every game, I hope he can get himself sorted out really soon as we need him, but surely body size and fitness should be a basic requirement of a professional footballer.
100% agree and can see why he's not starting just wouldn't be effective, surely as a player you stay fit.
All our players are fit hence all our late goals.

cmg

Quote from: Riversider on February 14, 2018, 04:38:15 PM
...John Terry is 37 years old now, another model professional...

Sorry I'm a bit slow in responding to this one, but I have just been beamed in from a parallel universe where John Terry is an amoral thug with a hefty record of dubious behaviour. The one I am familiar with would not be a suitable model for any young professional I know.
Sure he keeps himself fit, but then so does 'Charles Bronson', the one presently in Wakefield jail, and he wouldn't even be considered a model prisoner.
They both played the same position well, other than that Terry does not deserve to share the same sentence as Brede Hangeland.

Southcoastffc

I don't think he's yet match fit but you say he's overweight. So, as you seem to know, can you please tell me what weight he is and what he should be?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 14, 2018, 10:03:38 PM
I don't think he's yet match fit but you say he's overweight. So, as you seem to know, can you please tell me what weight he is and what he should be?

The OP said "he looks physically out of shape and a good few pounds overweight".  He did not claim to know Mitro's actual weight.  I for one would agree that he has the appearance of someone who is above the ideal weight for a professional footballer, he does not look lean, seems to move relatively slowly and seemed to blow heavily by the end of his appearances to date. 
To answer half of your question, qualified medical advice by Active and the Sports Council says; 106 lbs for the first 5ft plus 6lbs per inch. Add or subtract a max of 10% to reflect musculature (eg a prop forward would probably be plus 10%).
Mitro is 6ft 2in so that equates to an ideal weight of 190 lbs +/- 10%.  He is quite muscular so give him 5% and we have 199lbs.  Does he weigh more or less? I don't know but I agree with the OP he looks heavy.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2018, 10:50:40 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 14, 2018, 10:03:38 PM

The OP said "he looks physically out of shape and a good few pounds overweight".  He did not claim to know Mitro's actual weight.  I for one would agree that he has the appearance of someone who is above the ideal weight for a professional footballer, he does not look lean, seems to move relatively slowly and seemed to blow heavily by the end of his appearances to date. 
To answer half of your question, qualified medical advice by Active and the Sports Council says; 106 lbs for the first 5ft plus 6lbs per inch. Add or subtract a max of 10% to reflect musculature (eg a prop forward would probably be plus 10%).
Mitro is 6ft 2in so that equates to an ideal weight of 190 lbs +/- 10%.  He is quite muscular so give him 5% and we have 199lbs.  Does he weigh more or less? I don't know but I agree with the OP he looks heavy.
Thank you for that.

VicHalomsLovechild

I think fit and match fit are two different things. Targett looks as fit as a butchers dog. Which may be down to Southampton and Targetts attitude. I think Mitrovic and Newcastle may not have seen eye to eye. That said there are still plenty of games and it may affect AK's and Rui's attitude to getting the nod.