watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Villa memories.

Started by bog, February 15, 2018, 01:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Every time we play Villa I always recall Rodney Marsh's debut. March 1963 and our 1-0 win was by courtesy of his brilliant 30 yarder at the Putney End. He was outstanding but we never saw his blossoming talents for another 18 matches.  :doh: Then he  fell out with the legendary Vic Buckingham and he was gone to QPHa. Painful that was. If anyone wants to learn more about the eccentric Buckingham then read the Johnny Haynes book.

Thank you and good night   

filham

Hard to think of anyone in our team on Saturday scoring a brilliant 30 yarder. Cairney on last season's form maybe but not convinced he is fully fit yet.

bog

Quote from: filham on February 15, 2018, 04:16:46 PM
Hard to think of anyone in our team on Saturday scoring a brilliant 30 yarder. Cairney on last season's form maybe but not convinced he is fully fit yet.

:plus one:

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

In the 70's I was working in Bristol

We were drawn away to Villa in a cup match (not sure league / fa cup) - sort of "just up the road"

I persuaded a few local Bristol City / Rovers pals to accompany me to Villa Park

We were losing 1-0 until near the end when a deflection off Barry Lloyds knee gave us the equaliser - 1-1

Cue my standing up & yelling COYW!

Very embarrassing as it seemed I was the only one amongst 40,000 or so who did so....!

Cue lots of nasty stares etc & leaving rather quietly

Never mind we got the draw - hah!

However a win must do for us Saturday, no room for the alternative

Put them to the sword chaps

COYW!