watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Up: Aston Villa

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 14, 2018, 01:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Well, after Derby's defeat to Sheffield Wednesday last night, our game with Aston Villa just got that little bit more exciting. Win, and we move to within 4 points off 2nd spot  049:gif

As we know, both teams go into this game on a great run of form, Villa with 7 straight wins on the bounce, Fulham have 5 wins and 2 draws, but unbeaten in 9.

It will be a packed Craven Cottage Saturday, with a big away following, and no doubt an electric atmosphere.

So, with the above in mind, what does Slavisa have to do, to win this important game?

What tactics will he use❓

What Team will he put out❓

What will the score be❓

Let us know your thoughts below👇

bill taylors apprentice

I have seen too often over the years a great performance followed by a disappointment even against lesser opposition so I have no worries about putting on a performance on Saturday.

If we had being playing beautiful football and getting results lately I would be thinking we are due an off day when the big team comes to town.

After recent games confidence should be high but they know they can do better.

JOND999

how do you attack Terry, with Rui-zy Fonte, pacey Kamara or bulky Mitrovic?   can't wait to see who Slav puts out there.  let's go for it, put the pressure on, see what happens. 

Milo

Villa fan forums seem to be happy with a draw.

Wingnut

Quote from: Milo on February 14, 2018, 04:14:18 PM
Villa fan forums seem to be happy with a draw.

Yeah, their record at CC isn't the best. They've lost on their last three visits. Last time they won was in 2010, I believe. Got chatting to a few of them last season and they listed CC as one of their bogey grounds. I'd start with the team that finished on Saturday. It's going to be a very tough game. Head says 1-1, heart says 2-1.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The Enclosurite

Adomah out for Villa Saturday apparently.  Big blow for them if true.
¡COYW!

Woolly Mammoth

We have to be pumped up for this one even more so than normal. If we have one of our gormless lack of urgency first half displays that often surface, we will get punished, and there will be no way back.
Plus John Terry will have them motivated and ready. Unfortunately we don't have anyone like him marshalling our defence.
So we need power and pace up front against them to unsettle their back Division. That is the key in this particular game, attack is the best form of defence. Put them on the back foot.
They are a dangerous outfit, and are a solid alround team. but they have their own short comings.
We have to start well at our tempo, with urgency and desire.
It's games like this where you need leaders and warriors and characters all over the pitch, 11 Captains.
Which sadly is something we lack badly, we must play at our tempo not theirs.
They will press high, so let's us not mess around and play ourselves into trouble at the back.
We have to start well and be motivated, with desire and grit. If we fail to do that, and we have one of those opening halves of mediocrity and disinterest, then it will be their men against our boys, and it could be all over by half time.
We cannot afford any passengers on this occasion, every player has to stand up and be counted, and win their own battles. We may find out on Saturday the players who have got what it takes, and the ones who have not.
A 1 1 draw will not be a disaster, but I will stick my neck out and say 2 0.
Because we really have to win our home matches, especially with all these tough matches coming up, in fact we have to win our away matches also. Draws are not enough anymore, we have drawn too many already, and if we are as good as people think we are, we should be winning these kind of matches.
A bad performance is out of the question, and inexcusable when you consider what is at stake.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

I personally don't want to see fonte start Saturday. Hard worker I know but achieves little.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southdowns White

Hopefully our supporters will be up for it as well, there have been times this season when tumbleweed being blown across the pitch could quite easily be the loudest noise in the ground. We should also remember to give that old man from Fulham Broadway the reception he deserves for the whole game.

DevonFFC

I don't fear anyone in this league, villa are doin well but so are we. Unlike our rivals we always question our own capabilities, believe in this squad as we are the real deal right now

peter w

Quote from: The Enclosurite on February 15, 2018, 07:53:25 AM

it is a blow for us as he is a big part of our current run. In saying that though we have options - Andre Green is a natural left-winger with bags of pace and ability. Got a bad injury early on in the season (he actually started ahead of Adomah and it was only his injury that allowed Albert back). I'm not sure he's ready to return though. Possibly Onomah will come in - our young kid from Spurs. not his natural position but he has filled in there when we were looking for the right shape and balance earlier in the season. Has been off the boil and spent time on the bench but is an option. Finally we could Bjarnasson there. has been poor since he joined us last January and then came on in central - midfield at forest and was a revelation - has played for us on the left but isn't an attack minded player so if playing I think its a sign we're looking for solidity rather than going for it.

I've written elsewhere about it so won't go over my prediction again - but as much as a blow that it is - don't forget he's our top scorer - we have options enough that it shouldn't make too much of a difference for us. if we lose it shouldn't be because Adomah isn't playing.

SP

Quote from: The Enclosurite on February 15, 2018, 07:53:25 AM

Adomah always seems to play well against us, surprised he wasn't picked up by a lower Premier League team.

Arthur

Quote from: Southdowns White on February 15, 2018, 10:26:11 AM
We should also remember to give that old man from Fulham Broadway the reception he deserves for the whole game.

It worked against us at Villa Park. After his goal, he immediately ran towards our supporters to 'give it large'. It was clear that the reception he was receiving that afternoon was serving to motivate him rather than unsettle him.

I'm rather hoping we don't make the same mistake. Let's wait until we're a couple of goals to the good. I accept that few others are likely to think the same, however.

..FOF..

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on February 14, 2018, 01:24:36 PM

So, with the above in mind, what does Slavisa have to do, to win this important game?

What tactics will he use❓

What Team will he put out❓

Joka I assume will always do what he have been learning from the past 8 games or so.

Tactics: In my opinion, the bench is the most important tactics. Joka have probably been watching recent videos of Villa and will be preparing for any contingencies.

Team: More of the same except maybe Sess rested at the bench and Fonte not starting.

Fulhamerica

If I had to guess Joka's team:
Betts
Freddo-Ream-Kalas-Targett
Macca-Stefjo
Cairney
Sheyi-Rui-Sess

Final 2-1 Fulham

ffcne

Quote from: Fulhamerica on February 16, 2018, 01:39:12 AM
If I had to guess Joka's team:
Betts
Freddo-Ream-Kalas-Targett
Macca-Stefjo
Cairney
Sheyi-Rui-Sess

Final 2-1 Fulham
Anyone but Ojo and Rui to start. Choose any 2 from Piazon,Kebano Ayite ,Mitrovic,Kamara

Fulham FC Jim

Just been on the Aston Villa Fans Forum. Some saying Grealish and Adomah are both injured and will not be playing tomorrow. Don't know if true but fantastic for us that 2 of their best players could be missing.

Woolly Mammoth

Sounds encouraging but there will still be 11 of them, and whoever they are, we must be ruthless and put them to the sword.
No prisoners taken and no mercy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Aston Villa FC

@AVFCOfficial
Injury news: Albert Adomah and Jack Grealish are both doubts for this weekend's #FULAVL clash...

Both will be assessed later today.#PartOfThePride #AVFC
4:04 AM - Feb 16, 2018

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel