watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done coaching team

Started by JoelH5, February 18, 2018, 10:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

This hasn't been mentioned but a lot of the Sessegnon goal is down to the coaching staff.

In the first half, the Villa RB kept him very quiet. Before the goal, Sess actually swapped sides and went into a free roaming role. It meant the Villa RB couldn't track him and no one else picked him up, which gave him the space to knock the ball in.

That would have been down to the coaches so we'll played!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 18, 2018, 10:37:08 AM
This hasn't been mentioned but a lot of the Sessegnon goal is down to the coaching staff.

In the first half, the Villa RB kept him very quiet. Before the goal, Sess actually swapped sides and went into a free roaming role. It meant the Villa RB couldn't track him and no one else picked him up, which gave him the space to knock the ball in.

That would have been down to the coaches so we'll played!
Yes, I thought Sess. was being played out of the game on the left in the first half but did better in a roaming role in the second.
Fredericks did enough damage on the right for both wide men, we really didn't need anyone on the left.

Twig

jamesffc

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Matt10

Ayite and Sess switched flanks multiple times. The irony was that the goal wasn't a result of them switching flanks this time as it was Ayite who played the ball to Fredericks, who sent in the ball to Sess. It was actually because of Mitrovic's very deep and near-post run that pulled two of the CB's out of position and forcing Tuanzebe to cover. Sess' run was well adjusted, and the only opening was to shoot far post.

I think the coaching credit has to be given for how they got Ayite involved in the center of the pitch. In the first 10 minutes, he hadn't really touched the ball, but then he was able to find himself more central, and able to link up with Fredericks, Cairney and Mitrovic on multiple occasions. I have to rewatch the match, but I can't see how they made this work as often as they did - but it's what we have done with Piazon as well in the past when he and Fonte were linked up.

HatterDon

don't all wingers change sides multiple times during a match? Seems that way to me
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tabby

Quote from: HatterDon on February 18, 2018, 03:28:59 PM
don't all wingers change sides multiple times during a match? Seems that way to me

Sess is the one that sticks the most to his side, usually just cuts in for scoring oppertunities. When Piazon, Kebano, Kamara, Ojo or Ayite are playing with eachother we might as well not note them as right or left wing with how much they swap sides.

General

It wasn't just that, the whole move was straight off the training pitch. Did you not see mitrovic deliberate attempt to draw the villa defence away from the cross and then go straight over to Fredericks as if to say 'it worked'..

grandad

Just watched the 90 mins. At no time were we put under any pressure. We seemed to play well within ourselves. Perhaps they had the next 2 matches to consider by retaining some energy. Thoroughly enjoyed the match. All the other teams will now have the Redknapp twitch.
Where there's a will there's a wife