watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Terry

Started by tommy, February 17, 2018, 05:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I've just watched some highlights and John Terry never tried to get a tackle in on Floyd even though he was close. He just tried to run back and cover. Floyd had time to place it from 40 yds that we wouldn't have done if a challenge had been made. Thanks John.
It was sad singing all those songs knowing it was probably the last time he will play at the Cottage

David I

Fair comments in response to my reply above - no doubt there has been some bad press. Re: Terry and some may have first hand experience of the negatives.
However, Some of the positives not mentioned are his support of local and national charities... committing time and money. I think they far out weigh parking in a disabled bay...

Jeez..... I'm now sounding like I'm in a JT fan club... I'm not.
I just don't think it warranted the majority of the crowd booing every time he touched the ball.

Twig

Quote from: David I on February 18, 2018, 01:31:07 PM
Fair comments in response to my reply above - no doubt there has been some bad press. Re: Terry and some may have first hand experience of the negatives.
However, Some of the positives not mentioned are his support of local and national charities... committing time and money. I think they far out weigh parking in a disabled bay...

I just don't think it warranted the majority of the crowd booing every time he touched the ball.

Ok how about giving unauthorised tours of the Chelsea ground in return for backhanders?  Having an affair with a team mate's girlfriend and getting her pregnant? A goalkeeper hanging himself after his fiancee had an affair with Terry's brother?  His mother and wife accepting cautions for shoplifting? Fighting in a Knightsbridge night club? Urinating in a beer glass in public at another club? having sex with an autograph hunter in pubic in the back if a car? His use of super injunctions (a form of legal protection that only the very rich and privileged can afford) in an attempt to prevent the media from reporting simple facts about his life?  Need I go on???

David I

Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2018, 02:01:43 PM

Ok how about giving unauthorised tours of the Chelsea ground in return for backhanders?  Having an affair with a team mate's girlfriend and getting her pregnant? A goalkeeper hanging himself after his fiancee had an affair with Terry's brother?  His mother and wife accepting cautions for shoplifting?  Terry's use of super injunctions (s form of legal protection that only the very rich and privileged can afford) in an attempt to prevent the media from reporting simple facts about his life?  Need I go on???
Using your theory that would make Robert Thompson and Jon Venables family and friends as being guilty of James Bulgar murder (extreme example)...
Backhanders for tours around and empty stadium, damn Hang the man.....
You lose any argument by associating the actions of ones family and friends to any one person.
That's exactly what's wrong with the world....

Woolly Mammoth

As a defender and leader he is worth his weight in gold, although his immortality is waining fast.
However,
He lives near me, and I can assure anyone in any doubt that he is a most grotesque individual, his morals and ethics are lower than a Snakes belly. .
I could write a book about his exploits, but it's not really for human consumption. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

No wonder his legs went he was refereeing the match as well as playing in it!

Twig

Quote from: David I on February 18, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

Ok how about giving unauthorised tours of the Chelsea ground in return for backhanders?  Having an affair with a team mate's girlfriend and getting her pregnant? A goalkeeper hanging himself after his fiancee had an affair with Terry's brother?  His mother and wife accepting cautions for shoplifting?  Terry's use of super injunctions (s form of legal protection that only the very rich and privileged can afford) in an attempt to prevent the media from reporting simple facts about his life?  Need I go on???
Using your theory that would make Robert Thompson and Jon Venables family and friends as being guilty of James Bulgar murder (extreme example)...
Backhanders for tours around and empty stadium, damn Hang the man.....
You lose any argument by associating the actions of ones family and friends to any one person.
That's exactly what's wrong with the world....

OK so delete the two misdemeanors that are family. Does the rest not add up to sufficient? Or are you just stubborn?

One Martin Thomas

None of this is very Fulham FC guys !!!!  Neither is my absolute pet hate of the Mourinho song and his mother; especially when a member of his family played for us we still carried on singing it.

HatterDon

actually, I DO have a favorite John Terry moment -- it was when Clint Dempsey rang his bell so hard he staggered for about 10 seconds and neither the ref nor the linesmen saw it. Beauty.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

DevonFFC

Ok how about giving unauthorised tours of the Chelsea ground in return for backhanders?  Having an affair with a team mate's girlfriend and getting her pregnant? A goalkeeper hanging himself after his fiancee had an affair with Terry's brother?  His mother and wife accepting cautions for shoplifting? Fighting in a Knightsbridge night club? Urinating in a beer glass in public at another club? having sex with an autograph hunter in pubic in the back if a car? His use of super injunctions (a form of legal protection that only the very rich and privileged can afford) in an attempt to prevent the media from reporting simple facts about his life?  Need I go on???

To add to that his charity giving us purely for the press and the real reason is to dodge paying amasisve amount of tax

Southcoastffc

And the taking the p*** out of Americans at Heathrow the day after 9/11.  That was the day I wrote him off as just plain despicable.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.