watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wrong game to experiment?

Started by davew, February 22, 2018, 08:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The two changes in the back four were obviously made to counter the long throw ins and high corners and it worked. Our team performance was not good but the bottom line is that our top six competitor dropped a couple of home points, that could be looked upon as a result.

Be sure Fredericks and Kalas will be back in their usual positions against Wolves.[

davew

Quote from: filham on February 22, 2018, 10:35:16 PM
The two changes in the back four were obviously made to counter the long throw ins and high corners and it worked. Our team performance was not good but the bottom line is that our top six competitor dropped a couple of home points, that could be looked upon as a result.

Be sure Fredericks and Kalas will be back in their usual positions against Wolves.

+1, we were maybe a little fortunate the other results went our way, except Cardiff of course, their bubble will burst soon. shame we haven't got to play them again this season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2018, 07:57:53 AM
Experiment? What experiment?

Agree with the view expressed almost universally in the other replies, that the changes were thoughtful, tactical decisions.
Experiment definition...test a hypothesis or demonstrate a known fact, not sure which 1 applies, either way the 11 players had never played together in a league match, does it really matter? Perhaps with hindsight I should have headed the thread wrong time for rotation? Have a good day.

toshes mate

Quote from: davew on February 23, 2018, 08:43:05 AM

Agree with the view expressed almost universally in the other replies, that the changes were thoughtful, tactical decisions.
Experiment definition...test a hypothesis or demonstrate a known fact, not sure which 1 applies, either way the 11 players had never played together in a league match, does it really matter? Perhaps with hindsight I should have headed the thread wrong time for rotation? Have a good day.
The golf was good, was it....

VicHalomsLovechild

There's at least two players for each spot now. Who have actual playing time. For me what's more important is that Nitrovic got his goal so will be more relaxed come Saturday, when to be honest we have a better chance of taking all the points. Given home advantage and a degree of frustration felt by the team after Tuesday night.

davew

Quote from: toshes mate on February 23, 2018, 09:07:36 AM
Quote from: davew on February 23, 2018, 08:43:05 AM

The golf was good, was it....
Not bad thanks, I took the money with 39 points!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on February 22, 2018, 08:51:19 AM
If we had won last night everybody would have praised Joka for brilliant tactical changes and allowing 3 of our best players a few more days rest before the Wolves match. Personally I would rather that he had kept the same team from Saturday which might have secured us 3 points, on the other hand if we had drawn or lost using that team then more pressure to get a win against Wolves and it is unlikely that he would have been able to use the same team for that match. I think that in all probability we had more chance of beating City than Wolves, in spite of our magnificent run of home victories, so did last night's team changes backfire on us? If we are going to use rotation, for me Wolves was the match to do it, not yesterday!

Dave.
I thought experiments only took place in Chemistry Labs, when you had a Conical Flask and rubber tubing in one hand, and a Bunson Burner in the other.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

(LOL), when my best m8 on here turns against me then I must be in the wrong! Experiments can refer to anything, I tried a new swing today on the golf course and the result was inconclusive, won me a few quid though! Might even try a new gin tomorrow!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on February 23, 2018, 06:51:52 PM
(LOL), when my best m8 on here turns against me then I must be in the wrong! Experiments can refer to anything, I tried a new swing today on the golf course and the result was inconclusive, won me a few quid though! Might even try a new gin tomorrow!

075.gif

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Slavisa said in his recent interview on the  Offal, that he rotated the squad when he gained promotion with Watford, and he is doing this with Fulham, and he wants the whole squad to be involved in our promotion push.

But, I don't think he just changes players for the sake of it- either bringing players to do a job, as, maybe, at Bristol, or to rest players because of minor injury, of if their scientific evaluation, which clubs use today,  says they need it presumably.

You have to admire his guts, and his confidence in his squad, for the fact that he dropped two established players,  and brought in a new player to debut, in such an important game - which paid off well.

If squad players feel they have a good chance of  actually playing, this must help morale through the whole squad, and maintain competition for places.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on February 24, 2018, 01:00:27 AM
Slavisa said in his recent interview on the  Offal, that he rotated the squad when he gained promotion with Watford, and he is doing this with Fulham, and he wants the whole squad to be involved in our promotion push.

But, I don't think he just changes players for the sake of it- either bringing players to do a job, as, maybe, at Bristol, or to rest players because of minor injury, of if their scientific evaluation, which clubs use today,  says they need it presumably.

You have to admire his guts, and his confidence in his squad, for the fact that he dropped two established players,  and brought in a new player to debut, in such an important game - which paid off well.

If squad players feel they have a good chance of  actually playing, this must help morale through the whole squad, and maintain competition for places.

Yes I agree, and it also sends a message to these squad players that he has full confidence in them to play them in a match which was always going to be not for the faint hearted or nervous.

Never forget your Roots.