watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yet another appalling referee

Started by bobbo, February 22, 2018, 09:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

We've been lucky to have had some reasonably decent refs last few matches but the ref last night should be on another level , and I mean no where near championship. He wasn't only very poor for us but for BC as well at times.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Baszab

The linesman on our left was pathetic - gave one corner that was ludicrous and missed countless fouls on Bettenelli - some of the challenges on Mitro were ridiculous, although he backs in there were some obvious fouls not given

Woolly Mammoth

The foul on Mitro by Flint deserved a yellow card, but the referee didn't even give a free kick, the ref had a shocker.
The referee cannot be that bad, it's impossible, so he ignores it, pretends he didn't see it, looks the other way, and that is cheating, deliberately denying the other team a correct decision.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

It is poppy cock when a ref says he didn´t see an incident. He & his 3 other assistants are paid to see everything. If 20k people from further away can see a foul why can´t officials see what is under their noses. It is a cop out.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Quote from: grandad on February 22, 2018, 12:20:21 PM
It is poppy cock when a ref says he didn´t see an incident. He & his 3 other assistants are paid to see everything. If 20k people from further away can see a foul why can´t officials see what is under their noses. It is a cop out.
Well, to be fair, and while I do think last night's officials were generally pretty poor, sometimes a referee/assistant can see things (e.g. deflections) from 8 yards which I can't from 80 yards.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

grandad

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 22, 2018, 12:29:46 PM
Well, to be fair, and while I do think last night's officials were generally pretty poor, sometimes a referee/assistant can see things (e.g. deflections) from 8 yards which I can't from 80 yards.

It doesn´t matter if an official is 2 feet away or a thousand miles, a shirt pull, shove in the back,dive should be seen every time.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Quote from: grandad on February 22, 2018, 12:42:14 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 22, 2018, 12:29:46 PM

It doesn´t matter if an official is 2 feet away or a thousand miles, a shirt pull, shove in the back,dive should be seen every time.
But doesn't it occur to you that sometimes, just sometimes, the ref/lino is right and you and I are wrong?   I sit in the HE and how the heck can I honestly tell if someone in a crowd of players is tripped in the Putney End area?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Max Headroom

I wasnt in the Fulham end last night so I didnt see what was going on with Bettinelli when he seemed to be getting upset, but the ref last night was a damn sight better than some of the ones we have had this season.....

toshes mate

I do believe there is something in the fear factor theory involved in decision making but I am not sure that explains why many officials are genuinely lazy and do not even try to be impartial.  For me it is like watching someone with undoubted talent let it waste away because it has dawned on them that there is no extra reward money for being that little bit better since the whole seniority process is heavily rigged politically in sport as it is in many walks of life these days.  Politics has never stood up for good guys.

ffc2004

Quote from: Max Headroom on February 22, 2018, 04:13:41 PM
I wasnt in the Fulham end last night so I didnt see what was going on with Bettinelli when he seemed to be getting upset, but the ref last night was a damn sight better than some of the ones we have had this season.....

Being obstructed/ fouled on near enough every long throw in to our box.